4. St. John's - 67
    5. Georgetown – 66
    6. Villanova – 56
    7. Seton Hall – 51
    8. Butler – 46
    9. DePaul – 24
    10. Marquette - 23
    11. Xavier - 10

The 10 points mean that Xavier was picked last on all 10 ballots (coaches do not vote on their own team), which shouldn't be surprising at this point. Many on the board seem to think this is perfectly acceptable since Xavier has modest success in non-revenue sports.

However, the team is really much more Billie's team than last year with 8 newcomers. Xavier also has 12 international players this season, which is more than any other team in Division I.

Not really much else to say but perhaps they'll surprise us.

Hall of Famer
    The bar is really low at this point. Just showing some improvement, and something to build on for future years would be nice and different.

12 international players? What’s that leave, 3 from the US? I just hope they’re competitive this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    12 international players? What’s that leave, 3 from the US? I just hope they’re competitive this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Four, I think. This is from the release on goxavier.com about the preseason poll being released:

Xavier enters the season with 12 international players, the most in NCAA DI Women's Basketball this season. The 12 international players are from the following countries: Spain (4), Finland, Australia, Slovakia, Croatia, Germany, Serbia, England, Republic of Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerCecil View Post
    Four, I think. This is from the release on goxavier.com about the preseason poll being released:

Xavier enters the season with 12 international players, the most in NCAA DI Women's Basketball this season. The 12 international players are from the following countries: Spain (4), Finland, Australia, Slovakia, Croatia, Germany, Serbia, England, Republic of Georgia.
    It’s the European national team with a token lady from Australia.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.