Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: London Calling

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    I've heard London compared most often to Doellman -- good size (though a little skinny) who can shoot. I think the coaching staff wants to beef him up to make him more of a stretch player. Kid has great upside and is one of the most intriguing guys from our 2014 class.
    james posey is a better comparison. runs the floor, athletic and can shoot the three. saw many great no look passes out of him as well. probably most excited recruit that i'm looking forward to see since sato.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Muskie View Post
    In addition to his tremendous development, Love should always be remembered for providing the absolute best, most spot-on quote ever about Xavier basketball in March: "It's winning time." That's gold, Jerry.
    I'm sure I'm showing my age but I could swear Tyrone Hill would say that when the MCC tournament kicked off.

Probably never happen but could you imagine the 1-3-1 or 1-1-3, which some call it, with JP, Sumner, Makinde, Jalen and Farr in at the same time? That would be a Tough group to shoot over.

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    Having a guy like London who is near 7ft tall with his skillset is going to cause teams matchup nightmares. He will be a huge asset in beating the press. Putting him on one of the wings in that 1-3-1 will make our three point defense much better. He can also catch and shoot threes without rushing his shot because of his height and long arms. Big time prospect.
    With London and Sumner we beat St. John's twice. The match-up versatility we will have the next few years should be great!
    Go Musketeers! Go Bombers!

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Probably never happen but could you imagine the 1-3-1 or 1-1-3, which some call it, with JP, Sumner, Makinde, Jalen and Farr in at the same time? That would be a Tough group to shoot over.
    If London is really playing like coach needs him to, I don't think this is so far fetched. Why the doubt that it would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    If London is really playing like coach needs him to, I don't think this is so far fetched. Why the doubt that it would happen?
    Yeah, I could definitely see that lineup at some point. It probably won't be the most common lineup put out there, but it could get some run.

Junior
    Previously I've observed that Xavier gets players just as talented as anyone...except an inch or two or three shorter -- e..g, if Tu Holloway is 6'2", he's in the NBA. With Sumner and London, as, noted, Xavier gets a whole lot taller and longer.