Duncan and Burrell (From Xavier to Israel)

(Link) - Probably the first ever link from the Jerusalem Post in XH history

t the start of the 2004/05 NCAA college basketball season, Josh Duncan and Stanley Burrell were about to embark on a special adventure; they just didn’t know it yet.

Duncan and Burrell both came out of high school and decided to attend Xavier University which is located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Burrell played high school basketball in historic Indianapolis, Indiana, and Duncan played his high school hoops in Cincinnati.

Both players would end up spending several years as roommates and the next four years at Xavier. As a result, they became good friends on and off the court.
    ______

Great story about two of X's best.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Love the article. Nothing against Indy, but 'historical'?
    X A V I E R

Great article!
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.

I think they are trying to reference the history of Indiana High School Basketball in a badly phrased way.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook