Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
Who do you think deserves to have their jersey retired? Blueitt will have his up there but here are 3 fringe guys.

James posey: Prop 48 rules, was ineligible, so sat out his freshman year. Posey ranks 16th on Xavier's all-time scoring list with 1,455 points and 10th on Xavier's all-time rebounding list with 801. Posey led XU in rebounding in each of his three seasons as a Musketeer.

Derek Strong: Strong ranks tenth in Xavier history in career rebounding (805) and 27th in career scoring (1,291).
I believe he also only played 3 years .

Lenny brown: Brown, who stands sixth on Xavier's all-time scoring list with 1,885 career points, led Xavier to the second round of the 1997 NCAA Tournament and a berth in the 1998 NCAA Tournament. XU finished third in the 1999 NIT.
I am obviously late to this discussion and a lot has happened (not sure if this was posted before or after Tre and Tu announcement). I think it was obvious that Tre was next and the most deserving former Muskie. After that I wasn't positive they would retire anyone else's any time soon given how long it had been.

That being said Tu was very deserving and I thought rightfully next in line. Now with the news of Sato I think that could have gone either way but he clearly has the stats in program history to be deserving.

Now I don't think there is another formwer player worthy of being in the rafters. HOF guys? Absolutely. Hanging in the rafters? No, not imo.

With how rarely guys are and will be around for long careers at one school now it will probably be a very long time we hang one again.