Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
Everyone knocks Free's defense, and it's warranted, but he's also a match-up nightmare for the opposition. On a team like this, let him eat on offense! We can't expect him to be an All-American defender. He will score more than he gives up.

Also more opportunity for Swain to develop quicker. It sucks, but the roster is much better this year.

Hoping the injury is less severe.
I AGREE with you. But you are missing the point.

The opposing coach will realize that a) He's terrible on defense, and b) he cant score if he's on the bench in foul trouble.

My game plan would be to spread out and post against Free on the first 10 possessions. You'll get 7 buckets or fouls out of 10. If we dont take out Free for one reason (fouls) or another (cant get a stop), then you just keep feeding there.

They are going to go after Freemantle. With or without Traore. But with Traore in the game you get a little more help defense and weak side rim protection. And in the event of a miss, Traore has rebounding responsibilities.

First of all, I really do hope his injury is not as serious as initially described. But if so, I really think this sets us back 2-3 spots in the BE rankings.