Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
Cough, Cough......ummmm........ ummmmmm......Cough.....Cough.

Who are they, again?

Father Hoff and Mike Bobinski are the greatest things to ever happen to Xavier basketball.
I certainly don't look past the contributions that people like Hoff and Bobinski have made to the program, but I'll definitely stand by what I said. Thad Matta and Sean Miller coming to Xavier changed everything. The style of play, culture of the team, and just the way they did things produced winners. There's no way of knowing where Xavier would be today without them, which is a credit to Bobinski and Fr. Hoff too. I won't rank someone as "more important" to XU basketball than another, but Thad Matta and Sean Miller were two enormous parts of all the winning we've been experiencing. Xavier was winning for many years before them, but it raised to a whole new level under them. I'd also say that the Cintas Center is one of the best things to ever happen to Xavier, which again is a credit to Hoff.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
Xavier basketball is probably the greatest thing to have ever happened to both Thad Matta and Sean Miller.
Yes, it's one of the greatest things to have happened to them. Thad had an unbelievable opportunity getting a team with David West and Romain Sato on it. They were two of the best players in college basketball. Chalmers was no hack either as we remember. Thad came to a clearly ascending program and didn't disappoint, then Sean took the driver's seat and the program kept cruising. It works both ways. There are plenty of programs with potential out there that don't pan to be anywhere close to where we are, so I won't take good coaching for granted regardless of how well run the entire operation is.