An X Fan
03-15-2009, 05:19 PM
BJ 4, BG 2. Go Chuggs!

D-West & PO-Z
03-15-2009, 05:34 PM
No way, go UD.

Kahns Krazy
03-15-2009, 05:40 PM
I'd like to see a double DQ and nobody advances.

vee4xu
03-15-2009, 05:41 PM

Would love it, but we can only dream about that.

The Artist
03-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Go WVU, not even close.

THRILLHOUSE
03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Ugh...I hate to say this...go Dayton! Screw thuggy and the big east

PM Thor
03-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I want dayton to get absolutely embarassed. But I will not openly root for Hugs.

I HATE dayton.

D-West & PO-Z
03-15-2009, 05:58 PM
I want the A10 to be represented well no matter what team it is.

vee4xu
03-15-2009, 05:59 PM
I want dayton to get absolutely embarassed. But I will not openly root for Hugs.

I HATE dayton.

Agree. Agree.

Smooth
03-15-2009, 06:00 PM
I have to pull for dayton in this one. Huggins is a pathetic waste of skin.

LyonsIsFlyin
03-15-2009, 06:07 PM
I hate Huggs, but I hate dayton even more so I'd rather see Huggs beat the Cryers

xumuskies08
03-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey guess what, we can all kill 2 birds with 1 stone and root for my Kansas Jayhawks!!! Then no matter who wins Dayton vs. Huggy you still have a chance.

X Communicator
03-15-2009, 06:08 PM

The Holy See concurs. We must show love for our fellow brethren of the A-10 against the Big East.

Even if the love involves watermelons and defective plumbing.

bourbonman
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Go A10. Ignore the uniforms.

xubball93
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I think I hate Huggins (and this city's continued idolatry of him) more so I'll pull for the conference and reluctantly support Dayton. I'll definitely pull for Temple.

D-West & PO-Z
03-15-2009, 06:11 PM
What do you guys think Temple's chances are against ASU?

GoMuskies
03-15-2009, 06:13 PM

Not much.....

SpeX
03-15-2009, 06:13 PM

Christmas vs. Harden
Pendergraph vs Olmos

Depends if they call the fouls on Olmos or not. I'll take ASU, but Temple definitely has a shot.

NotYourOrdinaryXFan
03-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Conference affiliation should matter more than personal feelings

If Dayton and Temple get trounced, what's that say about.........X?

As long as Xavier is in the A-10..... Go Dayton!

xu95
03-15-2009, 06:21 PM
I think Temple has a good shot. I think Dayton has no shot at all. I think we got a first round bye.

xu95

THRILLHOUSE
03-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Temple can pull off the upset but will probably need a near perfect game from Christmas

The Artist
03-15-2009, 06:23 PM

As long as Xavier is in the A-10..... Go Dayton!

Sorry, if we take care of our own business, which is the only thing I think we need to worry about, then we don't need to rely on Dayton.

Go WVU.

GoMuskies
03-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I want Dayton to win. But I won't cry if they dpn't.

Jumpy
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
I gotta go with Dayton on this one. Its nice to pound little brother in the dirt at home, but now the neighborhood bullies are coming in to pick on him. Its time to defend our own.

danaandvictory
03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
The Holy See concurs. We must show love for our fellow brethren of the A-10 against the Big East.

Catholic school against Beelzebob? That's an easy choice.

Seems like an interesting matchup with regard to style of play, could be ass-ugly if neither team is shooting though.

AdamtheFlyer
03-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Catholic school against Beelzebob? That's an easy choice.

Seems like an interesting matchup with regard to style of play, could be ass-ugly if neither team is shooting though.

Really. Could very easily be a 52-48 type score. Both teams are defense heavy and struggle with consistency on offense. Whichever team shoots better from outside will win. Advantage WVU, but Dayton can win that game if the London Warren from the last 7 games of the regular season shows up. His ability to play in transition can give Dayton the trump card. If he can give the 7 points, 6 assists, 1 turnover he had been giving for the better part of two months, Dayton will win that game.

Pablo's Brother
03-15-2009, 06:37 PM
I am rooting for UD strictly from the economic impact towards the A10 if they win. To quote Animal House: "we need the dues."

Kahns Krazy
03-15-2009, 06:46 PM
I am rooting for UD strictly from the economic impact towards the A10 if they win. To quote Animal House: "we need the dues."

There was a long running debate when I was in undergrad about this line. There were several people that felt it was "we need the dudes". Of course, this was the same house that sold drugs to undercover cops on the fraternity pool table, so it wasn't the brightest crowd.

gladdenguy
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I have to admit I will be rooting hard for Dayton. and that is going against my boy vee.
Sorry I hate huggins too much.

bjf123
03-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I think I hate Huggins (and this city's continued idolatry of him) more so I'll pull for the conference and reluctantly support Dayton. I'll definitely pull for Temple.
What he said. Go Flyers (I can't believe I just typed that. Ouch!) and go Owls.

muethibp
03-15-2009, 06:58 PM
I will root for Dayton but couldn't possibly watch the game; I won't force my body into that situation.

Emp
03-15-2009, 07:00 PM

Even if the love involves watermelons and defective plumbing.

The Pope speaks ex cathedra!

We want Dayton to win, you idjits! More money for X, more conf rep....whaddaya THINKIN?

kyxu
03-15-2009, 07:03 PM

What did it say about X when SJU and Temple were trounced in the first round last year and we advanced to the Elite Eight?

As Artist said, if we take care of business, our reputation isn't contingent upon the rest of our conference. The Dance is on. RPIs and conference don't matter anymore.

Having said that...go Dayton. Can't stand Huggins.

STL_XUfan
03-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey guess what, we can all kill 2 birds with 1 stone and root for my Kansas Jayhawks!!! Then no matter who wins Dayton vs. Huggy you still have a chance.

GO BISON!!!

I have a strict rooting pyramid of

Xavier
Mizzou
Marquette
Jesuit schools
A-10
Anyone playing UC, UD, KU or Huggins.

Via tiebreaker i will be cheering for UD, as much as that hurts to say.

vee4xu
03-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I have to admit I will be rooting hard for Dayton. and that is going against my boy vee.
Sorry I hate huggins too much.

No worries my main man. To each his own. In fact, my very good friend bourbonman has posted here that he is rooting for the conference in that game.

Budrow83
03-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I will root for UD and Temple. We have beat UD 6 of the 7. They have not won a NCAA tourney game since 1991. Have not won in the Nati in 29 years-I wish all our rivals were like this. I know they hate us but if we had a 30 year losing streak in NYC, I would hate Fordam. Now Huggy-the dude is the devil! Go Flyers! Temple wins if X-mas is hot and if not, they could really hurt the A-10 with a 15pnt loss. The A-10 could use 3 wins in the first round.

vee4xu
03-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I will root for UD and Temple. We have beat UD 6 of the 7. They have not won a NCAA tourney game since 1991. Have not won in the Nati in 29 years-I wish all our rivals were like this. I know they hate us but if we had a 30 year losing streak in NYC, I would hate Fordam. Now Huggy-the dude is the devil! Go Flyers! Temple wins if X-mas is hot and if not, they could really hurt the A-10 with a 15pnt loss. The A-10 could use 3 wins in the first round.

These are exactly the reasons why I want them to loose. I know, I know. It may be perverse, but I love having this sort of thing to hang over ud fans' heads in addtion to X's overall record over them the past 10 years and winning streak in Cincy.

XURunner85
03-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Just think if UD were to win a game in the NCAA they would then believe that they have passed us again as a program....lets not let their heads get to big or bigger than watermelons....

Xman95
03-15-2009, 07:44 PM

Agreed. I'm won't be cheering for Dayton, I'll be cheering for the A-10. (Plus, why would you cheer against your little brother?)

vee4xu
03-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Just think if UD were to win a game in the NCAA they would then believe that they have passed us again as a program....lets not let their heads get to big or bigger than watermelons....

Very true. Especially if (God forbid and forgive me for even thinking it) X somehow loses to Portland State.

Xman95
03-15-2009, 07:48 PM
These are exactly the reasons why I want them to loose. I know, I know. It may be perverse, but I love having this sort of thing to hang over ud fans' heads in addtion to X's overall record over them the past 10 years and winning streak in Cincy.

You know, I think I've reached a point where I don't need to hang anything over their heads. We have a better program and, honestly, I think most of them know it too. Sure, there are fans that are blind to reality...too bad for them. Dayton is not at the same level as X. It's that simple. So I no longer feel the need to try to 1-up them. We're already up several. At this point I just want the conference to do well because, in the long run, it can only help us.

vee4xu
03-15-2009, 07:52 PM
95, it is not about X fans defending who we are, it is about delusional ud fans. I find it fun for them to have absolutely no rational argument to defend their second-rate program. It makes them look even sillier than they already are.

XU Fan
03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I am 100% in support of WVU right now. I couldn't care less about how a Dayton win would impact the A10. As far as I am concerned the rest of the A10 teams can flame out, as long as X wins. I really don't care even slightly about them winning.

As far as Huggy Bear goes, I'll be rooting for his pathetic, bloated, well-dressed ass in his opener. I'm not a Huggins fan, but I will be this week.

Juice
03-15-2009, 10:22 PM
This game is like trying to decide which pile of shit you want to support for one night.

Snipe
03-15-2009, 10:30 PM
This game is like deciding whether to vote for a big government Republican or a big government Democrat.

I am rooting for the Dayton Flyers. I am loyal to our conference. Anyone who roots for a Big Least team, coached by Bob Huggins against a Catholic Ohio A-10 Team is a blood traitor.

I may not watch it though. I watched Dayton play DePaul in a game nobody wanted to win. I was rooting for Dayton hard and it was the worst game I have ever seen in my life. It was terrible.

I think that Dayton could win on a good night, but honestly I don't like their chances. I will not cry if they lose, but I will root for them and every other A-10 team in every NCAA game that they play. If in a few years we have a down year I wouldn't mind people talking up our league and our recent history and riding the coat tails of someone else for a bid for a change. Once every 6 or 7 years we are bound to not dominate the regular season. I know that sounds wrong, but I guess it could happen.

I want to hear DC Muskie sing praise for the Jacksonville Jet.

pimpinthebox
03-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I think of it this way. I still don't see WVU as Huggins' team just yet. It's still partly John Beilein's. Regardless, like STL said, I have a similar rooting pyramid and it goes a little something like this...

(In reverse order...)
UC
Dayton
Any Huggins' coached school
Duke

As Huggins' tenure grows at WVU and the thugs begin swarming, I will grow to hate them more, but it won't move them past Dayton. Their fan base is intolerable. I was checking our their messageboard and was laughing about how they all have to sell their tickets to the games they're hosting so they can travel to their game. Haha.

One more thing, they're also all pumped up that Gregg Doyel has them going to the Elite 8. Do they realize what a nutjob that guy is?

GO MOUNTAIN-QUEERS!

Fred Garvin
03-15-2009, 10:47 PM
I'll be rooting for Thuggs so on Saturday I can remind Dayton fans they haven't won a tourney game since 1990.

Cheesehead
03-15-2009, 10:48 PM
One more thing, they're also all pumped up that Gregg Doyel has them going to the Elite 8. Do they realize what a nutjob that guy is?

GO MOUNTAIN-QUEERS!

Please let me know if there are any UD fans out there who want to make a bet w/ me on whether or not the Cryers will make the Elite 8. I will take that bet everytime.

XU Fan
03-15-2009, 10:49 PM
I think that Dayton could win on a good night, but honestly I don't like their chances. I will not cry if they lose, but I will root for them and every other A-10 team in every NCAA game that they play. If in a few years we have a down year I wouldn't mind people talking up our league and our recent history and riding the coat tails of someone else for a bid for a change. Once every 6 or 7 years we are bound to not dominate the regular season. I know that sounds wrong, but I guess it could happen.

Sniper you are losing your edge. Why would you care about what the other people say if Xavier has a bad season, like they might "every 6 or 7 years?" Don't be so paranoid. I don't think X is going to make the NCAA every year, but I think they'll be in a lot more than most of the time.

During the seasons where X doesn't make it, I don't really care what fans of other A10 fans have to say. I always see it as X against the world. I don't care about Temple, St. Joe's, Dayton, etc. Screw them. Let them recruit better, coach better, play better, and earn it like Xavier has.

Fred Garvin
03-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Sniper you are losing your edge.

What edge? He'd rather exchange valentines with Adam rather than decapitate a rival.

Masterofreality
03-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Soory, vee. We'll disagree on this one.

udump needs to man up. I can never, eeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver, be for Thuggysaurus, NEVER!!!!

Smails
03-16-2009, 08:03 AM
I'll be rooting for Thuggs so on Saturday I can remind Dayton fans they haven't won a tourney game since 1990.

My thoughts exactly fredric...Two teams that I cannot root for are:

UD
UC

UD is not playing UC and Huggins doesn't bother me much these days. He's not long for this earth anyway by the looks of him. Too much country fried steak and moonshine.

coasterville95
03-16-2009, 08:18 AM
UD hasn't won an NCAA game since 1990?

We have to keep that streak alive. Time to turn Pete Gillen's picture to the wall and root for Huggs for one night!

Think the flyers will break out their ultra cool new alternative uniforms for their first NCAA game in 6 years? Those awesome black uniforms would surely make them the talk of the first round.

Kahns Krazy
03-16-2009, 10:24 AM
I am not rooting for either team to win this game. I am rooting for them both to lose.

There is upside to me no matter which team loses. The girlfriend, who was at UC when Huggs was there, has decided to adopt WVU as her March team. For that reason, I will be rooting more for Huggs to lose than Dayton. If WVU pulls it out, it won't bother me that much, and I'll enjoy taunting the Dayton fans.

DC Muskie
03-16-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm not a fan of cheering for your conference. I only hope that other conference teams do well in the non conference season so when The Show comes to town it won't be the biggest thing on their calendar.

As for tournament, I root for teams that I like. In this game, I like no one. But Dayton's success or lack of success in the tournament has no bearing on Xavier's reputation in my mind. So Fat Ass can whip on Little Guy all he wants for all I care.

Masterofreality
03-16-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm not a fan of cheering for your conference......
As for tournament, I root for teams that I like.

Well, every game that an A-10 team wins is one more credit for money to the League and, sort of, repays Xavier for all the freaking money we shell out every year.

If for nothing else than the jack, I have to be rooting for a conference member.

Cheesehead
03-16-2009, 11:26 AM
This one is like choosing between getting some teeth yanked out and having a colonoscopy.

I hope they play 8 OT's, have no players left and can't complete the game. They both deserve to lose.

nuts4xu
03-16-2009, 11:38 AM
If Osam Bin Laden grabbed 4 other guys and decided to play dayton some night this week, I would root for Bin Laden.

I am no Huggins fan, and I enjoy seeing him lose any day of the week. However, I take more pleasure out of seeing dayton fans cry. They lose to WVU, they will cry....cry about the refs, cry about the seed, cry about the mean guys on Huggins' team....blah blah blah, cry, cry cry.

The best thing that could happen is to see the dayton bus run over Huggins on their way to the game, then crash into a wall dragging Bobby behind the bus in a bloody pulp mess.

To have the bus blow up and produce no survivors would make it glorious!

Cheesehead
03-16-2009, 11:44 AM
If Osam Bin Laden grabbed 4 other guys and decided to play dayton some night this week, I would root for Bin Laden.

The best thing that could happen is to see the dayton bus run over Huggins on their way to the game, then crash into a wall dragging Bobby behind the bus in a bloody pulp mess.

To have the bus blow up and produce no survivors would make it glorious!

Classic. I just spit my Diet Coke on my desk. Thanks.

Masterofreality
03-16-2009, 02:06 PM
The more I think about it, there is that long streak of the dump having not won a game in the Dance. That is a mark of distinction that maybe shouldn't be interrupted.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

xu2006
03-16-2009, 02:48 PM
What is this "Dayton" you speak of? I know Xavier plays at 7:25 Friday night.

XUglow
03-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I am a glass half-full kind of guy. I am looking at this game as a no-lose situation. An enemy is going down. I don't care which. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Someone is doing me a favor.

jdm2000
03-16-2009, 03:21 PM
This thread reminds me of a South Park episode:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douche_and_Turd

vee4xu
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Soory, vee. We'll disagree on this one.

udump needs to man up. I can never, eeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver, be for Thuggysaurus, NEVER!!!!

Not a problem MOR. I know your deep disdain for Thuggy. I'll still pay for that beer. :)

muskienick
03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
I am with Snipe and the rest of the Flyer whores on this issue!

GO FLYERS!!!!!

vee4xu
03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Wow, a blood traitor, eh? Geez, I sure don't feel that way.

ATL Muskie
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
One thing's for sure, no matter who wins, several watermelons and Jeff Ruby's wife will all be drilled like whores that night.

D-West & PO-Z
03-16-2009, 05:50 PM
One thing's for sure, no matter who wins, several watermelons and Jeff Ruby's wife will all be drilled like whores that night.

HAHA. Great one.

Fireball
03-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I'll root for the A-10 over Huggins any day. Go Dayton.

SM#24
03-17-2009, 09:28 AM
I've been researching since Sunday to try to make this happen. So far, no luck.

Root for the name on the front of the uniform not back, or shall I say not the drunk in the mock turtle.

West Va is not UC, they are merely UC jr.
Dayton is still Dayton.

One must remain pure, and not have their rooting interest bought by A10 credits.

thefortyniner
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
NO!

Under no circumstances should you ever root for Huggy's Thuggies.

Charlotte and Xavier, we MUST STAND UNITED!

pimpinthebox
03-17-2009, 12:47 PM
NO!

Under no circumstances should you ever root for Huggy's Thuggies.

Dude, why are you on here telling us who to root for? Overstepping your bounds a bit, don't you think?

MADXSTER
03-17-2009, 12:52 PM
My enemy's, enemy is my friend.

DC Muskie
03-17-2009, 01:28 PM

Huh?????????

xunorm
03-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Huggins doesn't bother me as much since we ended his season last year. Honestly though, I could almost care less who wins. It's a lose / lose situation. There are no winners in this game, only losers, us the general public. Those people who have to put up with the UD attitude of "we used to be good and be able to beat you" and the one and only circus of Huggins. I say we grab a beer (or something harder) and sit back and watch something that might appeal more to us, like figure skating or synchronized swimming.

waggy
03-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Huggins doesn't bother me as much since we ended his season last year. Honestly though, I could almost care less who wins. It's a lose / lose situation. There are no winners in this game, only losers, us the general public. Those people who have to put up with the UD attitude of "we used to be good and be able to beat you" and the one and only circus of Huggins. I say we grab a beer (or something harder) and sit back and watch something that might appeal more to us, like figure skating or synchronized swimming.

It's a loser-loser situation.

vee4xu
03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
My enemy's, enemy is my friend.

Yep. Goes for me too.

chico
03-18-2009, 06:24 AM
I can understand the anti-UD sentiments and it's fun to make fun of Dayton because, well, they're Dayton. But they are playing the devil, a man who just oozes evil (and stale liquor). I can never, under any circumstances, root for BeelzeBob. I hope UD gives him another heart attack, but I also want him coherent enough to know he just got beat by Dayton - basically like Randolph Duke in Trading Places.

However, if you're betting this game take the under.

ATL Muskie
03-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Best case scenario:

Game goes into 4 OT. Huggins and the broadcast crew are ejected. Huggins suffers a heart attack and pukes all over himself but no one can tell because his suit is already the color of puke. UD wins in 4 OT. The melon humper faithful are thrilled and reward BG with a 6 year contract extension, thus ensuring Xavier will be guaranteed at least, AT LEAST, another 6 yrs of dominance over the midget and his traffic cones. Huggins is released from the hospital and is busted for a DUI after leaving Jeff Ruby's old lady's house for a consolation hump.

D-West & PO-Z
03-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Huh?????????

Huggins stole Beasley from them.

Emp
03-18-2009, 02:17 PM
This one is like choosing between getting some teeth yanked out and having a colonoscopy.

I hope they play 8 OT's, have no players left and can't complete the game. They both deserve to lose.

ALWAYS choose the colonoscopy. Better drugs. Against my better judgment I had three perfectly good but obsolete wisdom teeth pulled, at the dentist's recommendation. Believe me, there is no comparison, even having to flush everything the night before the scope.

XU 87
03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
This game will be like watching the old Soviet Union playing East Germany in the Olympics. Heads they win. Tails you lose.

Cheesehead
03-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Best case scenario:

Game goes into 4 OT. Huggins and the broadcast crew are ejected. Huggins suffers a heart attack and pukes all over himself but no one can tell because his suit is already the color of puke. UD wins in 4 OT. The melon humper faithful are thrilled and reward BG with a 6 year contract extension, thus ensuring Xavier will be guaranteed at least, AT LEAST, another 6 yrs of dominance over the midget and his traffic cones. Huggins is released from the hospital and is busted for a DUI after leaving Jeff Ruby's old lady's house for a consolation hump.

This is quite possibly the best post of the year. Hands down.

vee4xu
03-20-2009, 04:29 PM
That lard ass can't do anything right. Thanks fool for nothing. No longer a fan Bob.

PM Thor
03-20-2009, 04:31 PM
That lard ass can't do anything right. Thanks fool for nothing. No longer a fan Bob.

Worst Coach Ever.

Huggins just SUCKS ASS in the tourney. He had one good run when the bracket fell apart in front of him, but otherwise? He just sucks. Sucks. Sucks. SUCKS.

I HATE dayton

thefortyniner
03-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Huggins stole Beasley from them.

Not even the beginning of it.

You can't discount the rivalry that existed between us and UC when Huggins was there, and the hatred still burns, even if not as hot as before.

As far as me telling you who to root for, I was merely throwing in my $.02. You can take it how you want to, but 'overstepping my bounds'? I thought I had earned a little more respect from this board than that.