PDA

View Full Version : Guess what A10 team is going to be really really good in 2 seasons.

D-West & PO-Z
11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
SLU

I meant to put this up awhile ago but was busy. There might not be a younger team in the country with 6 freshman who play a lot of minutes. This team is going to be good I'm telling you. I was at the Boston College game on Saturday and was pretty impressed. They arent going to be too good this year and will improve next year but I look for this team to be not only a A10 contender in two years but a national contender. Their freshman point guard Mitchell, who was Wisconsin player of the year, is the real deal. He is quick, can shoot, and pass really well. Willie Reed, Brian Conklin, and Brett Thompson are all big guys who will make up an imposing front court for years to come. Reed is already a fan favorite who is a tall lean beanpole who is going ot be a force once he bulks up. Conklin is impressive already and Thompson looks like he will be good too. There are other freshman I have not mentioned but also will contribute a lot down the road, and even now. I feel bad for Lisch and Liddell that they will most likely not see a NCAA tourney because Majerus is doing big things in St. Louis and he is recruiting guys who he knows can play in his system and that he can turn into winners. I just hope SLU doesnt leave the A10 anytime soon because SLU basketball is going places, and I know Majerus doesnt like the geography of it all when other conferences make more sense.

PMI
11-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Xavier will be the best team in the A10 in 2 seasons. Mark my word.

MuskieMark
11-24-2008, 07:11 PM
they're going to be a good program because they model everything they do off of us

XURunner85
11-24-2008, 07:29 PM
there was a time we said that about a LaSalle team when they started 5 freshman a few years back and that did not pan out. I t was said about a George Washington team a few years back and they had 1 year that they were pretty good but not great....so i won't believe it about SLU until it happens.....but now UD is supposed to have the number one team in the country, that is the team I am worried about....ok i couldn't resist I had to do it...

D-West & PO-Z
11-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Xavier will be the best team in the A10 in 2 seasons. Mark my word.

I agree 100%. I'm just saying SLU will be near the top as well.

D-West & PO-Z
11-24-2008, 07:51 PM
there was a time we said that about a LaSalle team when they started 5 freshman a few years back and that did not pan out. I t was said about a George Washington team a few years back and they had 1 year that they were pretty good but not great....so i won't believe it about SLU until it happens.....but now UD is supposed to have the number one team in the country, that is the team I am worried about....ok i couldn't resist I had to do it...

While it is of course not guaranteed none of these programs had a coach of the caliber of Rick Majerus or with the track record Majerus has. He is a proven recruiter and developer of talent. I mean the guy turned Michael Doleac into an NBA player. He knows how to coach,he knows how to recruit, and he knows how to develop players. SLU will be a player in the years to come, mark it down.

GoMuskies
11-24-2008, 07:55 PM
If Majerus is alive and still feels like coaching.

PMI
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM
I hope they are good. The league needs it. But there are a lot of things that go into it. As mentioned below, they will need Majerus to stick around, which as USC fans can attest to, is not an automatic. They definitely seem to have the resources to get up there though.

AdamtheFlyer
11-24-2008, 08:24 PM
but now UD is supposed to have the number one team in the country, that is the team I am worried about....ok i couldn't resist I had to do it...

Oh, geeze. Hyperbole runs rampant...

We'll be preseason #7, right ahead of Duke.

Juice
11-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Majerus is just coaching because he is bored? He doesnt really feel like doing TV and he doesnt really feel like coaching a huge program so he is just coaching for the hell of it.

That might sound crazy, but I just think that he could care less about the long term success of SLU.

wkrq59
11-25-2008, 02:02 AM
If Majerus is alive and still feels like coaching.

And if the Jesuits don't send him packing for his "views." Which I'm told is a very distinct possibility.

Muskie
11-25-2008, 08:49 AM
The jury is still out on Majerus at SLU in my opinion.

XU05and07
11-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Majerus or no Majerus...SLU needs to have a bigger presence in the A10

PMI
11-25-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't know if you can get much more of a bigger presence than Rick Majerus.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/the_bonus/01/17/majerus/p1_majerus4.jpg

D-West & PO-Z
11-25-2008, 04:25 PM
And if the Jesuits don't send him packing for his "views." Which I'm told is a very distinct possibility.

No it isnt. Biondi would NEVER do that. Whoever is telling you that doesnt know what they are talking about.

D-West & PO-Z
11-25-2008, 04:26 PM
The jury is still out on Majerus at SLU in my opinion.

Ya think? This is the beginning of his second year. He has ONE recruiting class.

Muskie
11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Ya think? This is the beginning of his second year. He has ONE recruiting class.

He also kicked four players to the curb...

Masterofreality
11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Here's a prediction:

Olean Welding Academy will be a better basketball team than St. Louis in two years.

You heard it here first.

Cheesehead
11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
He was average at best while at Marquette with only one 20 win season and 3 straight NIT appearances. There were many who were not sad that he left.

Snipe
11-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I have faith that Rick will build SLU into a winner. Laugh now at my expense, but they will be ranked and be a national program. It won't happen this year.

I could be wrong, but my gut tells me that he will take his time and build a winner. We all get to see it play out.

Snipe
11-25-2008, 11:18 PM
I could also envision a future of this conference where Dayton, St. Louis and Xavier are the three major players. So much for the "Atlantic" portion of the Atlantic 10 Conference. St. Louis could be a sleeping giant. Rick is one hell of a coach. We will see what happens.

X-band '01
11-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I don't know if you can get much more of a bigger presence than Rick Majerus.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/the_bonus/01/17/majerus/p1_majerus4.jpg

Dude looks like he needs to get fitted for a bro/mansierre pretty soon.

American X
11-25-2008, 11:30 PM
So will Liddell and Lisch be playing in their 8th or 9th years at that point?