waggy
11-16-2008, 02:50 AM
St. Joe's @ Holy Cross
Rhody @ Duke (on espnu)
Old Dominion @ Charlotte
Wofford @ Dayton
Temple vs Clemson

The A10 is off to a 10-2 start.

The Temple/Clemson gave is the championship game of the Charleston Classic. So while it's not on Clemson' campus, it will still be basically a road game for Temple. This game is televised regionally by ESPN/CSS (some sort of comcast affiliate), so video might be found on the web? Same with the others possibly.

waggy
11-16-2008, 03:07 AM
If you're interested in the Temple game, and have the Directv sportspack, you might check channels 630, 642 or 665.

Also, I've occassionally caught early season Charlotte games on channels like NESN (another sportspack channel), so it's good idea to peruse thru the sportspack channels during the non-con season especially.

Masterofreality
11-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Looks like the St. Joes and u dump games are on Channelsurfing.

GoMuskies
11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Hoping for 3-2, but I wouldn't be surprised by 1-4 today.

Masterofreality
11-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, so far the A-10 is 0-3. St. Joes, Temple and Rhodee all go down and Charlotte is losing at the half.

Another suckee season start for this league.

dc_x
11-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Temple and URI losses were not surprising. URI put up a good fight.

SJU choked it away. They couldn't execute on offense down the stretch. They're a very different team without Calathes and Ferguson.

Charlotte needs to make a comeback and beat ODU at home.

drudy23
11-16-2008, 06:04 PM
I watched the URI-Duke game tonight. URI impressed me. They are pretty athletic.

Jimmy Barron was 8-9 from 3 point range...he was in teh zone, and they were all tough shots.

XURunner85
11-16-2008, 06:20 PM
my brother just called me on his way home from the Holy Cross vs St Joes game...Holy Cross won in overtime...they were estatic...HC was down in the 2nd half but pulled to a tie then took over in OT....

waggy
11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Looked to be as good as URI is capable of playing, and they still couldn't get the W. The homecooking in Durham is just too much to overcome. You better get a big check for going there 'cause you're not going to win.

waggy
11-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Good Lord A10 teams piss away games all too frequently.

kyxu
11-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Good Lord A10 teams piss away games all too frequently.

Charlotte had that game won.

So A-10 is 1-4 on the day. I'm going to ignore the fact that Dayton is in a battle with...ahem...Wofford and pencil that as a win. Hopefully.

GoMuskies
11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I thought I was being pessimistic talking about 1-4. 0-5 is now within reach.

waggy
11-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I figured Charlotte would be a leader, but they're followers. They want to ride the coattails of other programs. I'd have fired Lutz a couple seasons ago.

Swifty
11-16-2008, 07:29 PM
UD is playing pretty bad. Wright and Johnson are all conference, but after that the team is pretty bad. We worry about our point guards but theirs are pretty terrible. They have no third scoring option. And while we have Frease/Love at the 5 they have nothing.

XtremeXfan
11-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Yea, I have been watching UD on channelsurfing and they are pathetic. They are down 2 with 5 minutes left and they look terrible.

Swifty
11-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I think Frease alone had more points off the bench than UD's entire bench has this whole game so far. They claim they have upped their recruiting but they are still really then with a bunch of guys earning minutes they have no buisness playing.

X Factor
11-16-2008, 07:37 PM
It's a long season, but UD is not looking good. As Swifty said, outside of Wright and Johnson, they have NO offense.

Their frontcourt, outside of Wright is weak. Huelsman, Little, Searcy, Fabrizius, etc. will not scare anyone. They are very limited on the offensive end.

Their point guard play doesn't seem to have improved with Warren and Lowery.

Mickey Perry, who was supposed to be their perimeter threat has never showed that ability.

Their freshman have barely seen the court tonight and haven't contributed at all.

Masterofreality
11-16-2008, 07:37 PM
"Hoolsman" is the new Traffic Cone replacing Corn Bin-nie.

Juice
11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Brad Loesing, who plays for Wofford, is from Cincinnati and played for St. X. He provides another reason to root against Dayton today. Does anyone have a link to a box score for the game? I cant find on espn.com.

A10fan
11-16-2008, 07:42 PM
48-46 UD one minute

Swifty
11-16-2008, 07:46 PM
50-47 UD 40 seconds

KC4X
11-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Brad Loesing, who plays for Wofford, is from Cincinnati and played for St. X. He provides another reason to root against Dayton today. Does anyone have a link to a box score for the game? I cant find on espn.com.

Play-by-play (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/playbyplay?&gameId=283212168&refresh=30)

Masterofreality
11-16-2008, 07:49 PM
London Warren is absolutely horrible.

Think that u dump would like to have A) Dante, B) BRed C) THolloway D) A dead corpse?

An X Fan
11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Congrats to the Cryers for holding off mighty Wofford in the season opener. They're not good.

Swifty
11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
London Warren is absolutely horrible.

Think that u dump would like to have A) Dante, B) BRed C) THolloway D) A dead corpse?

And sadly they have no point guard coming in next year. Another year of Warren at the point means that Johnson will join Roberts in the no career NCAA's list.

vee4xu
11-16-2008, 07:55 PM
St. Joe's loses in OT

Temple loses to Clemson

Duke by 3 at home over URI

Charlotte loses to ODU

Not a good day for the A-10.

waggy
11-16-2008, 08:02 PM
I don't mind so much road losses, it's tough to overcome the crowd and officials. But to not hold serve in your friggin home opener is inexcusable. I understand ODU is a pretty good program, but you turn the game into a rugby match if you have to.

waggy
11-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Actually, Charlotte beat UNC Greensboro in their opener, so they're 1-1; still they have to win that game against ODU.

Flyer1407
11-16-2008, 08:08 PM
That was as ugly a UD game as I have ever seen. 16 turnovers most of which just flat out throwing it to them. Lowery is a loose cannon, the freshman looked scared in the first half, I believe C. Johnson was the only frosh to play in the 2nd half and he only played a few minutes. It will be interesting to see where this season goes....Wofford beat Purdue last year to open up the season, a win is a win.

The only silver lining was Chris Wright and Marcus Johnson hitting 3s and some outside jumpers.

An X Fan
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
The only silver lining was Chris Wright and Marcus Johnson hitting 3s and some outside jumpers.

Agreed, that's nice shooting. Perhaps expected from Johnson, probably not from Wright. The converse, of course, is that they shot 3's that well and still only won by 3 at home.

AdamtheFlyer
11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
They played poorly and won. The last word of the previous sentence is all that matters.

Go to work and get better. Got another game Wednesday, and two practices before hand. It'll take time to situate the rotation and for everyone to understand and accept their role on the team. It's a process. I fully expected a game like this, although I did expect them to pull away and win more comfortably. Wofford is not a total slouch. They did beat Purdue in West Lafayette to open the year last season with much the same roster. VMI beat Kentucky. This was far from the worst possible outcome.

This W counts the same as a 50 point W. Back to work.

Snipe
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
What a bad day for the league. Jeesh.

kyxu
11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
They played poorly and won. The last word of the previous sentence is all that matters.

Go to work and get better. Got another game Wednesday, and two practices before hand. It'll take time to situate the rotation and for everyone to understand and accept their role on the team. It's a process. I fully expected a game like this, although I did expect them to pull away and win more comfortably. Wofford is not a total slouch. They did beat Purdue in West Lafayette to open the year last season with much the same roster. VMI beat Kentucky. This was far from the worst possible outcome.

Sure, I buy that.

But are you trying to convince us or yourself?

jdm2000
11-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Did Paul Williams play at all for UD? My understanding was he is the best of the bunch as far as the recruits go.

Flyer1407
11-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Did Paul Williams play at all for UD? My understanding was he is the best of the bunch as far as the recruits go.

Briefly in the 1st half. He missed most of the pre-season with a foot injury. He played maybe 10-15 minutes combined in both exhibition games. They are bringing him along slowly, similar injury to what Little had last year.

I think they want him to be 100% and in game shape by the time the Chicago Invitation rolls around.

AdamtheFlyer
11-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Sure, I buy that.

But are you trying to convince us or yourself?

I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm speaking the truth. Whatever conclusions someone draws from a single game and projects into the future are their own problem. 40 minutes of data may as well be 10 at bats for a baseball player.

XUfaninJAX
11-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Overall, today the A-10 showing was pathetic.... Clemson is going to be an ACC bottom-feeder, and they beat one of our "better" teams... Dayton sheds out a garbage win against Wofford... and St. Joe's and Charlotte (the anointed big name) both lose... I know it's early and things will come together, but these are games our conference can't afford. URI put up a great fight and could have won, they play on a neutral court that is all URI... a bad day for the A-10 overall

GoMuskies
11-16-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm speaking the truth. Whatever conclusions someone draws from a single game and projects into the future are their own problem. 40 minutes of data may as well be 10 at bats for a baseball player.

Ahh, yourself. Good.

Smails
11-17-2008, 07:00 AM

I'm with you Adam. Now that the season has started a win is a friggin win. Sure everyone wants to see their team firing on most cylinders, but I always ask the queston of whether you would have your team play well and lose of play shitty and win. Ask Rhode Island how good that loss felt. I'm sure it sucked.

kyxu
11-17-2008, 07:04 AM
I don't think anyone's disagreeing with Adam. I just found it interesting that we got an unsolicited rah-rah lecture on the importance of winning no matter the style points.

You think we don't know this?

AdamtheFlyer
11-17-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't think anyone's disagreeing with Adam. I just found it interesting that we got an unsolicited rah-rah lecture on the importance of winning no matter the style points.

You? No.

Many of the posters here? Yeah.