PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Soccer - What the Hell?

GoMuskies
11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I can't claim that I REALLY care, but I would prefer that Xavier have a strong all-around athletic program. I just noticed that the mens' and womens' soccer teams ended up a combined 3-28-5 (1-14-4 in the A-10). What's up with that?

ATL Muskie
11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
http://dobo.be/kozzmozz/upload/funny_soccer_2.jpg

X-band '01
11-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I would say that if X-Treme fans are developing a loyalty point system for how many sporting events they attend, they should get triple points for having to sit through soccer matches this year.

xutag77
11-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I would say that if X-Treme fans are developing a loyalty point system for how many sporting events they attend, they should get triple points for having to sit through soccer matches this year.
I saw the XU men play GW a couple of weeks ago. They played an entertaining game, but both sides seemed to tire with about 20 minutes left in the second half. It ended as a 0-0 draw but both sides had chances to score.

My niece is a student at UD and how student tickets are awarded to basketball games can be determined by the number of other sporting event a student attends. I don't know whether she gets extra points for watching the ranked UD mens soccer squad.

AdamtheFlyer
11-06-2008, 05:30 PM
I saw the XU men play GW a couple of weeks ago. They played an entertaining game, but both sides seemed to tire with about 20 minutes left in the second half. It ended as a 0-0 draw but both sides had chances to score.

My niece is a student at UD and how student tickets are awarded to basketball games can be determined by the number of other sporting event a student attends. I don't know whether she gets extra points for watching the ranked UD mens soccer squad.

The Red Scare uses "spirit points" for top dibs at men's basketball tickets. It's a weird system that I don't fully understand. I know that many of the big hoops fans just show up to soccer games, scan their student ID which awards the points, and go back home. That said, many do stay to support the soccer teams, and the volleyball student section is rather impressive.

The Artist
11-07-2008, 10:16 AM
The Red Scare uses "spirit points" for top dibs at men's basketball tickets. It's a weird system that I don't fully understand. I know that many of the big hoops fans just show up to soccer games, scan their student ID which awards the points, and go back home. That said, many do stay to support the soccer teams, and the volleyball student section is rather impressive.

Man I could only imagine the outcry that such a system would bring at Xavier. I'm not saying I disagree with it, in fact quite the opposite, but anytime a reward system is tried that involves X bball tickets, you could make a living collecting nickels every time the word "unfair" is used.

GoMuskies
11-07-2008, 10:27 AM
I always wanted Xavier to charge something nominal, like $20, for basketball season tickets. That would have weeded out half the crowd looking for tickets to the UC game.