PDA

View Full Version : A-10 Worthy of Four Seeds?

Muskie
01-15-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't think they'll be much debate amongst this board that the A-10 can put three seeds in. As it stands right now: Xavier, Rhode Island, and UD are probably all dancing. Is there room for a fourth?

Svoboda
01-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Probably. Other conferences that have had great runs are having down years such as the Missouri Valley Conference so it is possibly that the A10 could get a fourth in.

xeus
01-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.

Lamont Sanford
01-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I can definitely see the league getting four bids come March. The vast majority of teams in the league apparently wised up to know that a strong OOC schedule and a strong RPI will do you wonders in March. If anything, do exactly the opposite of Jim Boeheim's Syracuse scheduling philosophy.

I could see St. Joe's make a run come Feb or March, just as I could see UMass making a run themselves. Charlotte would be a darkhorse.

Muskie
01-15-2008, 09:52 AM
I could see 4 depending on who won the A-10 tourney. I assume X has done enough to dance even if they don't win the thing at the end of the season, but play well down the stretch. I suppose UD is in the same boat. Would Rhode Island fall into that category as well? I'm not sure.

chico
01-15-2008, 09:59 AM
For there to be 4 teams, I really think there needs to be some separation between the top 4 teams and the rest of the league. If teams 3-6 all are around 9-7 it may be a problem. There are so many good teams this year that it will bard for the separation.

I mean, you have X and UD who are pretty much the class of the league this year, with URI very close behind. After that, you have UMass, SJU, Charlotte and Duquesne, all of whom can beat anyone on any given night. One of those teams has to establish itself as clearly better than the rest and make a deep run in the conference tourney for there to be four teams.

American X
01-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Saint Joseph's Hawks.

I'm eager to see the outcome of their game against Charlotte.

Brutal schedule, but it provides ample opportunity to drive up their RPI. I will not be surprised if they win in AC either.

Snipe
01-15-2008, 10:20 AM
I like the Hawks a lot. I think the A-10 could get more than 4 if they play their cards right in conference play.

American X
01-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Chico nailed it. We have to see separation.

Atlantic 10 - Few Contenders, Many Spoilers

SpeX
01-15-2008, 11:35 AM
I agree about the Hawks. If Nivins can continue to play the way he's capable of playing, especially when tourney time comes around, I like their chances.

xuwin
01-15-2008, 12:46 PM
I agree with SJU. Maybe the best coach in the A-10 along with Sean. They will keep improving.

waggy
01-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Duquesne of course has the potentially great storyline of coming back from the shooting. If they could get themselves to the top of the conference standings, they could potentially garner more media attention than would be typical.