PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket question

XU2424
05-19-2008, 06:26 PM
When do they normally go on sale? I am getting out of the Army (moving back to Cincy) and was going to try and get tickets, so how hard are they to get? Is it going to be like trying to get Bengals tickets (waiting list)??

xeus
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Contact Andy Barry in the Xavier ticket office at 745-1999, or barry@xavier.edu.

Kahns Krazy
05-20-2008, 09:49 AM
And no, there is not a waiting list for upper level seats. There really isn't a bad seat in the Cintas.

Muskie
05-21-2008, 06:44 PM
XU2424... did you hear anything back? I need to send another email. I think i got lost in the shuffle.

XU2424
05-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I haven't heard anything back yet, but it is Memorial Day weekend, so I am sure he is busy with other things.

nuts4xu
06-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Buy the cheapest seat you can find in the place, then just sit in Snipe's seats. He is on the rail most of the time anyway and would never notice. OR for even more fun, stand on the rail with Snipe, Kahn's Krazy, and the gang. That is never a bad time.

xu drew
06-04-2008, 11:41 AM
i could be wrong, but i believe andy barry has moved on from the xavier ticket office to pursue other opportunities. if you still haven't heard anything, you might be better off calling the general ticket office number and asking about them that way.

xeus
06-04-2008, 12:01 PM
i could be wrong, but i believe andy barry has moved on from the xavier ticket office to pursue other opportunities. if you still haven't heard anything, you might be better off calling the general ticket office number and asking about them that way.

Barry Bruns left. Andy Barry is still there.

XU05and07
06-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Barry Burns left to work for Ticketmaster

xu drew
06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
i stand corrected. i could never remember which one was which...something about Barry being both of their names i guess.

X-band '01
06-04-2008, 06:40 PM
I thought Andy Barry managed the Premium seating for the most part and Barry Burns handled the peon season ticket holders like myself. They should be sending the renewal notices within a week or two.

Muskie
06-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Hopefully there is some room for some upgrades....

nuts4xu
06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Andy Barry is the man. He can answer any of your ticket questions and handle any ticket issues you will have. He has always been helpful to me, but he isn't the friendliest guy in the world.

Kahns Krazy
06-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Andy took my call last year when I called about the tickets for the kids. He was extremely helpful.

Muskie
06-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Khans... do you have his email? Can you pm it to me ?

XU05and07
06-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Andy took my call last year when I called about the tickets for the kids. He was extremely helpful.

You going to be able to do that again this year? Is there going to be a fundraising campaign?

Kahns Krazy
06-11-2008, 10:50 AM
I haven't decided. I'm going to do something for the Most Valuable Kids, but it might just be a cash contribution. I'm torn between getting kids to Muskie games and promoting Most Valuable Kids. I think Muskie games are the greatest thing a kid could experience, but if a cash contribution enables MVK to get their message out to more and more people that could have some real leverage on a contribution.

XU2424
06-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey thanks for all your help. I will just try giving the ticket office a call and see what I can work out. When do they actually go on sale though?

Muskie
06-15-2008, 08:22 PM
It seems like the ticket renewals should be in the mail soon.

Miller'sTale
06-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Can someone who has been on the waiting list for a licensed seat answer a question for me?

If you're on the waiting list and your name comes up, what happens next? Do you get a choice as to whether you want whatever seat(s) are available, or do you just default into the best available seat? Also, if you're given a choice and you don't particularly care for the seat they're offering, do you go back to the bottom of the list, or do you get to choose from another available seat?

My wife and I are debating getting in line for a license but it could be a year or two and lots of things could change (financial) in that time...

Thanks!

Muskie
06-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Can someone who has been on the waiting list for a licensed seat answer a question for me?

If you're on the waiting list and your name comes up, what happens next? Do you get a choice as to whether you want whatever seat(s) are available, or do you just default into the best available seat? Also, if you're given a choice and you don't particularly care for the seat they're offering, do you go back to the bottom of the list, or do you get to choose from another available seat?

My wife and I are debating getting in line for a license but it could be a year or two and lots of things could change (financial) in that time...

Thanks!

I'm interested in this answer as well. I'm in the same position mostly (sans the wife).

xu95
06-16-2008, 11:35 AM
When I moved up from regular season tickets to Premium III, they had me come in and sit down in the available seats and then choose which ones I wanted. I am actually still on the list in case lower bowl seats come open that I like. I have turned down Premium I seats the last two years because I have not liked the location compared to what I have in the upper bowl but I don't think I have been moved back to the bottom of the list because they still call me each summer.

xu95

Muskie
06-16-2008, 07:38 PM
hmmm... I love my non-premiums. But I'd love to move lower.

The Artist
06-19-2008, 11:02 AM
When I moved up from regular season tickets to Premium III, they had me come in and sit down in the available seats and then choose which ones I wanted. I am actually still on the list in case lower bowl seats come open that I like. I have turned down Premium I seats the last two years because I have not liked the location compared to what I have in the upper bowl but I don't think I have been moved back to the bottom of the list because they still call me each summer.

xu95

I'm glad I'm not in charge of the logistics for such things. Mad props to whoever that is, that would be a nightmare.

XU2424
07-29-2008, 08:39 PM
I made my purchase today. I am officially a season ticket holder in non-premium, section 210. I feel good and I am excited to get the season started.

Muskie
07-30-2008, 01:16 PM
I made my purchase today. I am officially a season ticket holder in non-premium, section 210. I feel good and I am excited to get the season started.

Congrats! Are you across from the Benches then or behind them? I can't remember which way that is from 201.

Tardy Turtle
07-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Congrats! Are you across from the Benches then or behind them? I can't remember which way that is from 201.

Evens facing, odds behind.

212 4LYFE, yo.

nuts4xu
07-30-2008, 04:11 PM

Be careful sitting there. I hear the people who sit in section 208 are an unruly bunch who like to cause trouble.

XU2424
07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Be careful sitting there. I hear the people who sit in section 208 are an unruly bunch who like to cause trouble.

Unruly is fun.... is 210 a decent section? I have been to the Cintas multiple times, but never in the upper section. Good view of the game?

nuts4xu
07-30-2008, 09:44 PM
There isn't a bad seat in that place, but I have never sat that section for a game. I know a few people that sit in section 208 and they love it. I do know there is a beer tub at the top of one of those sections too, which is an added bonus.

I am quite sure you will enjoy your seats.

xu95
07-31-2008, 07:50 AM
There isn't a bad seat in that place, but I have never sat that section for a game. I know a few people that sit in section 208 and they love it. I do know there is a beer tub at the top of one of those sections too, which is an added bonus.

I am quite sure you will enjoy your seats.

Nuts, you might know a few people who sit in Section 208, but the unruly crowd stands behind it and shouts shit like "Jimmy Carter".

Seriously though, don't tell Snipe where you seats are in 210 or else he will hit you up for a beer.

xu95

XU05and07
07-31-2008, 08:24 AM
208 is a very unruly section

X-band '01
07-31-2008, 07:27 PM

How does yelling "CHEATERS" after every visiting team foul constitute an unruly fan?

xu2006
08-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Alright, I bought the tickets today. Section 212 just behind the premium seats - I'm not made of money and am still paying Xavier enough via grad school.

I feel this is close enough to Section 208 to watch the show without getting caught up in it.

Muskie
08-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Trust me the view of 208 is fine from 201. I like to stay arms length away from that crowd ;)

Xpectations
08-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Sadly, after having seats there since the Cintas Center opened, I must bid my Section 208 brethren goodbye this coming season.

I upgraded to center court, just a couple of rows up from the bottom row of Section 212.

I'll still stop up and have a beer with my buddies Snipe, Kahn's Krazy, XU05and07 and X-band in Section 208.

As Snipe says, Section 208 still rules the Cintas Center with an iron fist.

nuts4xu
08-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Sadly, after having seats there since the Cintas Center opened, I must bid my Section 208 brethren goodbye this coming season.

I upgraded to center court, just a couple of rows up from the bottom row of Section 212.

I'll still stop up and have a beer with my buddies Snipe, Kahn's Krazy, XU05and07 and X-band in Section 208.

What a sell out!

Xpectations
08-08-2008, 03:51 PM
What a sell out!

I hear you. I felt slightly guilty, but at least I'm still in the beer drinkers' bowl and not down there with the wine and cheese crowd.

xavierdude
08-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm an '08 grad and I went yesterday and got two aisle tickets in 212. I couldn't resist. After 4 years of yelling my butt off in the student section, it may be finally time to sit in my seat like a man....NOT!!! I'll still scream at the refs when I feel the need to. Ha. Always a student at heart.

nuts4xu
08-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I hear you. I felt slightly guilty, but at least I'm still in the beer drinkers' bowl and not down there with the wine and cheese crowd.

Easy now! They don't serve wine and cheese in the lower bowl end zones where I sit!!

nuts4xu
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm an '08 grad and I went yesterday and got two aisle tickets in 212. I couldn't resist. After 4 years of yelling my butt off in the student section, it may be finally time to sit in my seat like a man....NOT!!! I'll still scream at the refs when I feel the need to. Ha. Always a student at heart.

Congrats, you will be happy you took the plunge! Welcome to the world of tax deductions!

Xpectations
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Easy now! They don't serve wine and cheese in the lower bowl end zones where I sit!!

I forgot you're in the mojitos section. :D

Tardy Turtle
08-08-2008, 06:42 PM

Welcom to 212, gentlemen. May your stay be filled with beers & wins.

212 4LYFE

xu95
08-08-2008, 07:16 PM

Speaking of where you sit, is there an extra seat now?

xu95

nuts4xu
08-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Speaking of where you sit, is there an extra seat now?

xu95

I do have an extra seat without Mrs. Nuts in the picture. However, I haven't figured out what I am going to do with it. I will likely sell most of the season, and I may keep the extra ticket to a few of the games.

I have somebody already interested. If that falls through, I will let you know.

xu95
08-11-2008, 07:56 AM
I do have an extra seat without Mrs. Nuts in the picture. However, I haven't figured out what I am going to do with it. I will likely sell most of the season, and I may keep the extra ticket to a few of the games.

I have somebody already interested. If that falls through, I will let you know.

I only want the beer that you would strategically place in the cup holder for me. If you have someone in mind we all hope she is hot.

xu95

Muskie
08-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Got my call today. Anyone know what's left?

Muskie
08-13-2008, 08:11 AM
I got my upgrade call. I'm happy with the move.

nuts4xu
08-13-2008, 03:38 PM
I got my upgrade call. I'm happy with the move.

What section Muskie?

Muskie
08-14-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm on the aisle in 101 but basically right next to 103. I hear I'm in your neck of the woods.

Question, how long does it take to get the paperwork to sign? I assume they dropped it in the mail yesterday.

nuts4xu
08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I am in section 104 on the aisle near section 102. I think you are in the same end zone on in the other corner nearest the benches. I am in row E.

You should have the paperwork in the next few business days. If it went out yesterday you will likely get it tomorrow, Saturday at the latest. I don't recall it taking too much time.

Nice work on the upgrade. Is that premium 2?

Muskie
08-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Oh so i'm on the opposite end of the endzone then. Row O i believe. I believe it's premium Two. I was in Section 201 previously. How is the view down in the bottom endzone?

nuts4xu
08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
You are closest to the front entrance, near the Joseph Club bar, across the arena from Duff's, in the corner closest to the benches and opposite Byron, Joe, and Muskieman.

I like the view from down there. You are only 15 rows off the floor in row O and I don't know about there, but where I sit, the refs can actually hear you chastise them. That is my favorite part of where I sit.

http://www.tickco.com/sc/1-2005/

Muskie
08-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah i had the chart up when i was on the phone. I wasn't sure how far back "O"was. The other option was in 101 at Row H in the middle. I was concerned i would be blocked by the backboard.

Muskie
08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Agreements in the mail with a check. It's official.

XU2424
08-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Here's a question for you all who have had season tickets. I read on GOXAVIER that during "midnight madness" (what once was and wish they never took away) they allow people to come in and pick season tickets seats, take a test run so to speak (they will be marked with a certain color). So...if you bought them already, could you change your seat if you see one you like better??? Sort of like an upgrade of some sorts?

nuts4xu
08-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Here's a question for you all who have had season tickets. I read on GOXAVIER that during "midnight madness" (what once was and wish they never took away) they allow people to come in and pick season tickets seats, take a test run so to speak (they will be marked with a certain color). So...if you bought them already, could you change your seat if you see one you like better??? Sort of like an upgrade of some sorts?

Good question, but I have no idea. You might want to call Andy Barry at the ticket office for clarification.

Muskie
08-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I believe you can change your seating up until the time process if finalized. I doubt X would turn down your money if you wanted to move from one section to another.