PDA

View Full Version : A10 Synergy

BBC 08
04-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Interesting article over on collegechalktalk.com. Talks about the synergy of each team during A10 play (synergy = FG%(Assist/FGM)).

Here is the link (http://collegechalktalk.com/general/a-10-synergy-rankings/) to the article. X is at the top of the rankings while dayton is bringing up the rear.

Thoughts?

Titanxman04
04-27-2008, 09:50 PM
For one, Jeff, we gots to get you a girl. Can't have you spending your weekends cruising basketball chat sights for crazy talk about Xavier now. While I support finds like these, we got to get you outside too. haha.

Love ya, buddy. We need to go to Dana's for a pitcher soon too, before you go off and earn a ton of cash because of Xavier's education, while I spend a ton of cash because of Xavier's education.

PM Thor
04-27-2008, 10:52 PM
This is one of the more random "equations" I have seen. How about defensive rebounds to fast break points? Or Offensive rebounds to assists? Why not go to steals and offensive efficiency?

These things simply are pretty random, and to try to equate them without including the whole picture is kind of silly.

wkrq59
04-28-2008, 03:05 AM
I think it was Benjamin Disraeli who coined this remark--"There are lies, damned lies and statistics." Someone will probably attribute it to someone else, but that chart shows you can do anything with numbers.
It is however, nice to see Xavier continually recognized for its contributions to improving the A10 through its best-ever season.:D

Kahns Krazy
04-29-2008, 01:20 PM
I think it was Benjamin Disraeli who coined this remark--"There are lies, damned lies and statistics." Someone will probably attribute it to someone else, but that chart shows you can do anything with numbers.
It is however, nice to see Xavier continually recognized for its contributions to improving the A10 through its best-ever season.:D

I think it was Dusty Baker who said that, then he high-fived someone.