PDA

View Full Version : UC Premium Seats

bjf123
04-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Check out Peter Bronson's column (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080427/COL05/804270408/1009/EDIT)in today's Enquirer. The price for UC's top premium seats is going up from $3,500 per to $12,000. OUCH! I was glad to read Andy Barry's comment that we're not planning to increase our seat fees. If XU were to put in that kind of a jump, I'd have to give up my seats.

xuab
04-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I liked Barry's comment when he learned of the increase- Wow. I didn't realize to the huge extent attendance has dropped at UC-- down 23% since the Huggins days ended and last year was the worst in 19 years. Seems like UC should be doing more to draw more people into the stands than alienating those who are there.

PM Thor
04-28-2008, 01:31 AM
This proves that UC is just full of idiots.

When a time comes where they should be cutting prices, they raise prices 4 times. Holy crap that is stupid. If X ever does something like this, I fully will support a revolt.

I am shocked by this decision. Why do this? What the f____?

X-band '01
04-28-2008, 06:13 AM
Oh well, it's not like they're increasing ticket prices for their football team - they're far more likely to make a BCS bowl game than UC's basketball team is to be competitive again in the near future.

bjf123
04-28-2008, 07:53 AM
I think the price for all seats is going up. It's just the best court side seats that have the huge increase. They must be counting on the people who will pony up the increase will more than offset the revenue loss from those who will drop out. It's not like they've got a waiting list to get seats.

Juice
04-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Does UC still make you buy football tickets when you purchase basketball tickets? Hopefully they do not have to do that anymore, since their football program has passed their basketball.

Kahns Krazy
04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
No, the football tickets are no longer a requirement to purchase basketball tickets.

The huge increase is in the 'best of the best' seating area. They are primarily big time sponsors of the program and the university that said they would be willing to pay that to continue to have premium seats.

The reason behind it was made clear in the article. The fans that sit there, during interviews and meetings, basically said that's what they were willing to pay. If UC doesn't charge it, there's money left on the table.

They made a huge jump from CUSA to the BE, and they need bring their facilities up to par.

Also, I think there should be some sort of special penalty for a moderator that drops the F-bomb in a public forum. C'mon Thor.