PDA

View Full Version : SLU Release of 4 Official

Muskie
04-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Four Men’s Basketball Players Granted Release
ST. LOUIS – Saint Louis University head men’s basketball coach Rick Majerus announced today that four student-athletes
have been granted their release to transfer. The four, who will seek to continue their collegiate playing careers elsewhere, are
sophomore forward Adam Knollmeyer (Linn, Mo. / Linn), sophomore guard Dustin Maguire (Edwardsville, Ill. / Edwardsville),
freshman forward Anthony Mitchell (East St. Louis, Ill. / East St. Louis) and freshman forward Marcus Relphorde (Homewood,
Ill. / American Christian [Pa.]).
“After a thorough and in-depth conversation, together we agreed that it is in the best interests of everyone that they
pursue their academic and basketball careers elsewhere,” Majerus said. “Everybody at SLU appreciates their hard work and
dedication in the classroom and on the court, and we wish them all the best in the future. We will do everything in our power to
find the best fit both academically and athletically for them.”
Knollmeyer played in 22 games in 2007-08 and averaged 1.4 ppg and 1.2 rpg, while Maguire redshirted this season. Mitchell
appeared in eight games and totaled three points and seven rebounds. Relphorde saw action in 21 games and finished with 22 points
and 10 rebounds.
---www.slubillikens.com---

Muskie
04-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Rick Majerus officially has a ton of scholarships to work with (9 Scholarships).

D-West & PO-Z
04-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Rick Majerus officially has a ton of scholarships to work with (9 Scholarships).

And thats a very good thing for SLU.

D-West & PO-Z
04-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Especially with that brand new arena.

XU05and07
04-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Majerus can be abrasive...he can get the type of play he wants, and the type of player that can tolerate him

Stonebreaker
04-14-2008, 06:41 PM
This gets into the 'What does the university owe someone'. I think the university is doing a disservice to th kids when it does stuff like this wholesale. But that's a whole 'nother topic.

xuwin
04-14-2008, 09:02 PM
This gets into the 'What does the university owe someone'. I think the university is doing a disservice to th kids when it does stuff like this wholesale. But that's a whole 'nother topic.

I felt the same way when Dantonio withdrew several scholarship committments for football at UC that Rick Minter had made. I felt that the committment was made in the name of the university and not the coach.

Xman95
04-14-2008, 10:56 PM
I felt the same way when Dantonio withdrew several scholarship committments for football at UC that Rick Minter had made. I felt that the committment was made in the name of the university and not the coach.

I agree with that. If the NCAA tells a kid that he can't transfer without penalty even if a coach leaves because they have "chosen the school, not the coach," then a coach shouldn't be able to come in and bounce a kid when he has done nothing wrong. Now, if it's a mutual agreement between the coach and player, that's a different story.