PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

NOVA
04-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Wanted to say thank you to everyone in the X community. I have many friends that are ther Big Eastfans and X fans in particular and the well wishes have been over whelming. Dont think the ACC teams were rooting for UNC. During the regular season, all the Big Easts schools battle each other, but its pretty cool to see that once the tournament started we all stick together. Jay Wright in his post game after the Nat Championship game mentioned how good the league was, and that Xavier, Providence and SHU were good enough to get to Houston. He understood that this win was important for the league. We are all basketball schools with rich traditions. Love this conference and look forward to some good rivalry games ahead.

muskiefan82
04-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Wanted to say thank you to everyone in the X community. I have many friends that are ther Big Eastfans and X fans in particular and the well wishes have been over whelming. Dont think the ACC teams were rotting for UNC. During the regular season, all the Big Easts schools battle each other, but its pretty cool to see that once the tournament started we all stick together. Jay Wright in his post game after the Nat Championship game mentioned how good the league was, and that Xavier, Providence and SHU were good enough to get to Houston. He understood that this win was important for the league. We are all basketball schools with rich traditions. Love this conference and look forward to some good rivalry games ahead.
Last year I sat with Villanova fans during the Big East Championship game as we got our heads handed to us and everyone was friendly and respectful and complimentary. It's nice to be in a league where I CAN actually root for the other teams BECAUSE most are actually as committed to basketball success as X is. Love this league. Congratulations again to Villanova. I hope someday to know what it feels like.

xudash
04-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Wanted to say thank you to everyone in the X community. I have many friends that are ther Big Eastfans and X fans in particular and the well wishes have been over whelming. Dont think the ACC teams were rotting for UNC. During the regular season, all the Big Easts schools battle each other, but its pretty cool to see that once the tournament started we all stick together. Jay Wright in his post game after the Nat Championship game mentioned how good the league was, and that Xavier, Providence and SHU were good enough to get to Houston. He understood that this win was important for the league. We are all basketball schools with rich traditions. Love this conference and look forward to some good rivalry games ahead.

Thank you Nova and thank you Villanova University for coming through like you did. Very impressive performance, and obviously a game that will go down as one for the ages.

We - the Big East - are a unique entity. The conference, only in its 3rd year, is proving that it can gen-up performance that places it among the nation's best conferences. We have to keep it going, and we will keep it going. We'll otherwise move forward, loving and hating each other in the process!

Cheesehead
04-07-2016, 11:10 AM
When that shot went in I yelled out in approval of the win. Now during there season I yelled out other things about Nova but I respect the program and Jay Wright. Xavier is still looking up at Nova but if both teams do well it's obviously good for the league. I was a Nova fan on Monday night.

American X
04-08-2016, 09:50 AM
http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/12/Congratulations-You-Did-It-GIF-2015.gif

nuts4xu
04-08-2016, 09:58 AM
It has been very easy to respect Villanova and their program. I am thrilled for Wildcat Nation (or whatever Nation you call yourselves) and hope you enjoy the perch at the top of the basketball world.

Nova won this game for their fans, students, alums, boosters, and others close to their program. But the win impacted so much more outside of the Villanova family. It was a win that helped legitimize the "New" Big East and a win that shows our league can compete with the FBS schools and leagues. It seems Jay Wright understands this, and it is refreshing to see such humility and "class". I hate the use of the word "class" in sports, and think it is a very overrated trait to have in competitive competition. But it sums up this Villanova team perfectly, they are all "class" and have been a pleasure to root for during the tournament.

I hope our rivalry continues to be friendly, and we can take turns winning NC's for a few years. Congrats again nova fans!

Xtemporaneous
04-08-2016, 03:33 PM
I can tell you that we went bonkers when Kris hit that shot! My son was a nervous wreck for Nova during that last 4 minutes. He stayed up extra late wanting to see the celebration and see who the MVP was. Safe to say I believe outside of conference play that we're a big family with one goal.

I was close to Ashley Howard when he was here and crossed paths with Jay Wright down in the Bahamas. They're all great guys and I hope the success continues for everyone.

Here's to a very long and sustained run of BIGEAST success!

XUFan09
04-08-2016, 03:48 PM
I was screaming at my place. Luckily, I didn't wake up my wife upstairs or the neighbors next door. At least I don't think I did...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

xu82
04-08-2016, 05:09 PM
I don't go to other boards, but I enjoy rational fans of other teams who come here with their insights. ("Rational" is the rare part.) I was thrilled for Villanova and the Big East and look forward to hearing more from Nova next year.....which can't come soon enough.

PS - Not only was it a Championship, it was an instant classic for being such a great game. We'll be seeing that ending for years to come. And I LOVE that!

Emp
04-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Saw coverage of the public fanfare in Philly today. On ESPN. Quite the crowd. Dreaming we rule Fountain Square for such an occasion in my remaining lifetime.

gladdenguy
04-09-2016, 08:08 AM
Nova, you are first class. I will buy you a beer if you ever make it to Cintas.

Now hopefully we can at least beat Villanova once next year.

Olsingledigit
04-09-2016, 12:10 PM
It has been very easy to respect Villanova and their program. I am thrilled for Wildcat Nation (or whatever Nation you call yourselves) and hope you enjoy the perch at the top of the basketball world.

Nova won this game for their fans, students, alums, boosters, and others close to their program. But the win impacted so much more outside of the Villanova family. It was a win that helped legitimize the "New" Big East and a win that shows our league can compete with the FBS schools and leagues. It seems Jay Wright understands this, and it is refreshing to see such humility and "class". I hate the use of the word "class" in sports, and think it is a very overrated trait to have in competitive competition. But it sums up this Villanova team perfectly, they are all "class" and have been a pleasure to root for during the tournament.

I hope our rivalry continues to be friendly, and we can take turns winning NC's for a few years. Congrats again nova fans!

I remember that in the last year of the Old Big East, before X had been admitted, Jay Wright took a trip over to see the Cintas Arena during Nova's trip to Cincy to play UC. I knew then we wanted to be in the New Big East and that it was going to be a classy group. It is.