PDA

View Full Version : Nova,an. Apprecoation

Emp
02-21-2016, 07:36 PM
First Five, strong at every spot. Mature. Josh Hart, stud and likely Mvp. Archidiacino, what Macura will be in a year. Stronger physically than X. Composed. Well coached. Defends X well by taking shooters out of comfort zones.

x is deeper. X has Summer. X can shoot. X can rebound.

bleedXblue
02-21-2016, 07:51 PM
If X doesn't defend well, we're gonna need to score 90 to win this one.

Emp
02-21-2016, 08:25 PM
First Five, strong at every spot. Mature. Josh Hart, stud and likely Mvp. Archidiacino, what Macura will be in a year. Stronger physically than X. Composed. Well coached. Defends X well by taking shooters out of comfort zones. Want them to go far in NCAAs.

x is deeper. X has Summer. X can shoot. X can rebound. It's uphill, but X can beat them.

GIMMFD
02-21-2016, 08:45 PM
Not an ideal match-up for us, but that's why games are played. We're bound to get them once, why not Wednesday?

waggy
02-21-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure it's so much a bad match-up, rather than Villanova is just good. Have some apprecoation.

XUFan09
02-21-2016, 09:18 PM
I think it's actually an okay matchup with Sumner in the fold. They don't have a good matchup for him defensively, so even though he's not a strong defender himself against Arch, et. al., he's still a net positive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

D-West & PO-Z
02-21-2016, 09:46 PM
I think it's actually an okay matchup with Sumner in the fold. They don't have a good matchup for him defensively, so even though he's not a strong defender himself against Arch, et. al., he's still a net positive.

Sumner had made huge strides last several games. Shooting a good % from the field and getting to the line consistently and shooting 88% from the line last 5. He will be the difference in our close win Wednesday!

X Factor
02-21-2016, 10:40 PM
He will be the difference in our close win Wednesday!

Xavier is going to pummel Arch and his douchebag face along with the rest of Nova Wednesday!! I can't stand Jay Wright - whines to the refs EVERY play.

Muskie1000
02-22-2016, 08:30 AM
If Nova plays their game and we play our game we got a chance. However, that being said, for some reason when Nova plays us they become NBA like hitting three's one after the other, after the other. Its just frustrating.

NOVA
02-22-2016, 09:05 AM

Hey guys, I posted a while back but thougt i would check in this week. I agree with this. I personally think this is a much better matchup for X bc of Sumner. Arch is a very good defender BUT struggles aginst very athletic/quick/speedy guards and that is a big Sumner strength. I think he has changed the entire complexion of X and instantly makes this a much better matchup for you guys than it has been the past few years. Most Big east teams do not have a guard quite like like Ed (he will play in the league); Arch usually has his way with most BE guards but Wednesday may be different.

You can point to how Cat Barber on NC State played against Arch in the round of 32 last year. Barber is also an unbelievably quick guard and Arch really struggled which set the tone for the game. Contrary to popular belief, nova has lost the last two tourneys bc of matchups, not bc of their style or other factors. Its about matchups!! Jay has made plenty of sweet 16s elite 8s and a final 4 ith similar style. Its mathcups and I do believe Sumner is the biggest matchup issue for Nova. I actually expect brunson to guard him and Arch on Davis.

GIMMFD
02-22-2016, 11:00 AM
Hey guys, I posted a while back but thougt i would check in this week. I agree with this. I personally think this is a much better matchup for X bc of Sumner. Arch is a very good defender BUT struggles aginst very athletic/quick/speedy guards and that is a big Sumner strength. I think he has changed the entire complexion of X and instantly makes this a much better matchup for you guys than it has been the past few years. Most Big east teams do not have a guard quite like like Ed (he will play in the league); Arch usually has his way with most BE guards but Wednesday may be different.

You can point to how Cat Barber on NC State played against Arch in the round of 32 last year. Barber is also an unbelievably quick guard and Arch really struggled which set the tone for the game. Contrary to popular belief, nova has lost the last two tourneys bc of matchups, not bc of their style or other factors. Its about matchups!! Jay has made plenty of sweet 16s elite 8s and a final 4 ith similar style. Its mathcups and I do believe Sumner is the biggest matchup issue for Nova. I actually expect brunson to guard him and Arch on Davis.

Think Arch can handle Myles though? I feel like Myles just finds ways to get to the rim, he doesn't look the most explosive out there, but he's crafty enough to drive well. I still think it's not an ideal match-up, and yes Nova is that damn good. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I hope Bluiett puts together 2 halves.

NOVA
02-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Think Arch can handle Myles though? I feel like Myles just finds ways to get to the rim, he doesn't look the most explosive out there, but he's crafty enough to drive well. I still think it's not an ideal match-up, and yes Nova is that damn good. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I hope Bluiett puts together 2 halves.

Handle is realtive but yes I do. Like I said he is a very good defender but his struggles come more against quickness and speed. He has been successful against crafty. That being said, Myles is really good so he'll be able to make plats. But I think that matchup is much better. Thats just my unedicated opinion; who knows

Xtemporaneous
02-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Nova! I personally love having you come by and spreading your knowledge of your team. There's another who is absolutely TROLLING another one of our boards under the guise "Ncaaball". I'm sure it's "Novaball" from the HLOH site by the arrogant bravado of his posts. Do you know this guy? And if so does he still live with his parents in their basement?

NOVA
02-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Nova! I personally love having you come by and spreading your knowledge of your team. There's another who is absolutely TROLLING another one of our boards under the guise "Ncaaball". I'm sure it's "Novaball" from the HLOH site by the arrogant bravado of his posts. Do you know this guy? And if so does he still live with his parents in their basement?

I know of him from the rivals board. He is a complete troll and seems to be blocked whevever he posts. On beahlf of Nova fans, my apologies. Living with his parents sounds about right.

X-band '01
02-22-2016, 01:36 PM
NovaBall's first mistake was going over to Musketeer Madness. He's never going to get any traction under Shadow.

He can be entertaining at time, but he's more than welcome to dig his own tombstone here. Still better than your average UC/UD/Butler troll that comes on here.

XUFan09
02-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Novaball is the king of backhanded compliments.