PDA

View Full Version : Wojo very impressive

Xuperman
01-14-2016, 09:07 AM
I very much enjoyed the MU/VU game last night and was very impressed with Wojciechowski. They were way down early and he put on a clinic from the bench and his guys stormed back for the lead at half. He is very high energy (polar opposite of Leito) and looks to be a natural motivator. Reminds me of early Gillen.The second half was outstanding as well and Marquette gave them all they wanted. He was coaching his ass off and the team seemed to feed of him. We are watching a shooting star and I am thinking when Coach K retires.....:biggrin:

X Factor
01-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Wojo is a Dukie. Enough said.

Xuperman
01-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Just commenting on our next opponent.....some people may not have watched last night or had a chance to see MU this year.

Cheesehead
01-14-2016, 10:42 AM
Just commenting on our next opponent.....some people my not have watched last night or had a chance to see MU this year.

I have watched 3 Marquette games and I really like Wojo too. Just wait until he gets the roster he really wants. I grew up a Marquette fan and went to hundreds of games during my childhood. I hope he stays for a bit. The game on Saturday will be a battle.

XUGRAD80
01-14-2016, 11:19 AM
Wojo sucks. Anybody associatiated with Duke sucks.........therefore Marquette sucks too!

:jumpforjoy:

Seriously....I watched the game and came away impressed with Marquete and how hard they played. It won't be an easy game Saturday.

Masterofreality
01-14-2016, 11:21 AM
Wojo sucks. Anybody associatiated with Duke sucks.........therefore Marquette .

Cogent analysis following the formula to it's logical conclusion.

Cheesehead
01-14-2016, 12:12 PM
for the record, I root for the Muskies when they play the Warriors

Xuperman
01-14-2016, 02:12 PM
I am so excited about the BE and the plethora of young talent not exclusive to players. Mack, Wojo, Mullins, Holtmann, Willard makes for an exciting group of coaches and conference slate of games. I enjoy watching XU overall, but scouting out the BE from my easy chair and 50" screen is very entertaining. X has landed at our destiny conference!!!!

X-band '01
01-14-2016, 02:34 PM
I move that any Marquette player who slaps the floor like his coach should get an automatic T for taunting.

Masterofreality
01-14-2016, 02:46 PM
I move that any Marquette player who slaps the floor like his coach should get an automatic T for taunting.

Has any player broken his hand while performing that feat of strength?

GIMMFD
01-14-2016, 03:31 PM

I kind of like the floor slapping, I think it gives the player an adrenaline rush and just pumps them up. But then again, I'm one of the few people here who doesn't absolutely hate everything Duke stands for.

X-band '01
01-14-2016, 03:38 PM
I kind of like the floor slapping, I think it gives the player an adrenaline rush and just pumps them up. But then again, I'm one of the few people here who doesn't absolutely hate everything Duke stands for.

Miami did it to troll Duke a few seasons ago (which Dick Vitale seemed to miss on the broadcast for some reason), but it was clearly meant to taunt.

In response to MOR, breaking a hand would be a suitable enough punishment if it ever does happen.

94GRAD
01-14-2016, 04:08 PM

Were you not here when Wil Caudle was a player?

X-band '01
01-14-2016, 04:19 PM
Were you not hear when Wil Caudle was a player?

Much like my dating history, there are some things I've learned to block out of my memory.

LadyMuskie
01-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Wojo sucks. Anybody associatiated with Duke sucks.........therefore Marquette sucks too!

:jumpforjoy:

I second this wholeheartedly!!!

GoMuskies
01-14-2016, 05:11 PM
Wojo can go fuck himself.

Emp
01-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Were you not here when Wil Caudle was a player?

Where is Will these days?

vee4xu
01-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Wojo can go fuck himself.

Now this is both cogent and logical. And in the spirit of the presidential election year, I approve of this message.

:smile:

Cheesehead
01-14-2016, 10:57 PM
Well, from what I have seen so far, the guy can coach and they are starting to get some nice recruits. I get the Duke thing, trust me. I still recall the calls against X in the tourney game.

Emp
01-15-2016, 09:59 AM
Fire Wojo, hire Kevin back! I try not to be a hater, but O'Neil was more loathsome to me than Huggins.

Xuperman
01-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Where does all the hate for Duke come from? Shouldn't all the venom be directed at Ohio State and UK ? Can someone explain this to me w/o sarcasm? Duke runs a scandal free program with possibly the most respected coach in the NCAA. That includes ALL collegiate athletics! I have been a die hard X fan since the Schmidt Field house days, but I greatly appreciate a clean program. UK in my opinion is the scourge of college Bball with a career cheater in charge. Why Duke?

Xuperman
01-15-2016, 12:11 PM
And the "The" Ohio State montra just makes my blood boil. Obviously too cowardice to prove it on the court.

LA Muskie
01-15-2016, 12:16 PM
Where does all the hate for Duke come from? Shouldn't all the venom be directed at Ohio State and UK ? Can someone explain this to me w/o sarcasm? Duke runs a scandal free program with possibly the most respected coach in the NCAA. That includes ALL collegiate athletics! I have been a die hard X fan since the Schmidt Field house days, but I greatly appreciate a clean program. UK in my opinion is the scourge of college Bball with a career cheater in charge. Why Duke?
I don't hate Duke either. In fact, I much prefer them to all the other "blue bloods." But to some extent I understand the hate that others harbor. Duke is to basketball what ND is to football. Smug, pompous, and far less squeaky-clean than the world realizes. Coach K is one of the biggest a-holes in the business. And of course there is the 2004 NCAA Tourney Game that was stolen from us.

Xuperman
01-15-2016, 12:23 PM
But specifically why is he an A-hole? Any A-hole stench he got from the king of A-holes Bobby knight!!!! And we only lost in 2004 because Anthony Miles fouled out.....:rtfm:

GoMuskies
01-15-2016, 12:25 PM

Go to YouTube and search "Cameron Crazies". Listen to Penis Vitale talk for five minutes. Meet someone who went to Duke.

After these three things are accomplished, you either hate Duke or are the kind of person who would go to Duke, join the Cameron Crazies and love Penis Vitale.

GoMuskies
01-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Oh, I also went to UNC, so there's a chance I'm biased.

Xuperman
01-15-2016, 12:30 PM
And the Tourney game against Ohio State was much more of a bonified ROBJOB when the refs overlooked Odens intentional foul late.....:cursingmad:

Xuperman
01-15-2016, 12:42 PM
But, again, how does the hatred play into Xavier? 1 well played loss in 2004? Who cares about Vitals anyway. A complete hack that is had more fame than he ever deserved. Just a Hack! I live in Brown county and UK diehards are as thick as fleas. All A-holes. Every one of them! UK fans from OHIO? Flying banners and vanity plates. You live in Ohio! These people are the very worst condescending/hand us the trophy cheaters of our era......willing to debate that anytime

X-band '01
01-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Be honest. For every time that Duke's upset over UNLV in 1991 is brought up, you can't help but pull up their video in 1990 when UNLV clobbered Duke.

Xuperman
01-15-2016, 12:49 PM
UK and the one and done approach is the biggest problem facing the college game that we X fans love. Ever seen a senior night at UK? All walk-ons.....it is disgraceful. The kids are actually recruited with the assurance of 1 and done. Most have their schoolwork done for them via a "tutor"....:handshake:

Juice
01-15-2016, 12:53 PM

Rasheed Sulaimon

X-band '01
01-15-2016, 01:07 PM
So Jahlil Okafor and Jabari Parker were 4-year studs at Duke? Last I checked, they're also one-and-dones.

LA Muskie
01-15-2016, 01:07 PM
But specifically why is he an A-hole?
Let's put it this way -- he is one of the least liked individuals in all of college basketball. If he didn't wield so much power, no one would talk to him. He pretends to be "clean" but it's just a show. He's an absolute ass to everyone he comes in contact with outside the media or the Duke family. He's a total fake. Oh and he's an absolute pig toward women. Other than all that, I'm sure he's a great guy.

Xuperman
01-15-2016, 01:17 PM
UK is running a program with 1 and done as a TEMPLATE! Not even close. Coach K was selected to represent our country in the Olympics for a reason. Integrety and class. Where is the proof of sexism (he is not Pitino) and why am I defending Duke????? I am a diehard X fan and started this tread because the Wojo led Warriors are gonna give us an entertaining game tomorrow

GIMMFD
01-15-2016, 01:35 PM
So Jahlil Okafor and Jabari Parker were 4-year studs at Duke? Last I checked, they're also one-and-dones.

You gotta update with the times. I'm sure if we were to get a one and done, we wouldn't be complaining about it. Just my two cents.

X-band '01
01-15-2016, 01:43 PM
So I guess the lesson here is that it's okay for Duke to have one-and-dones because Coach K is a patriotic American who wins multiple national titles and gold medals.

LadyMuskie
01-15-2016, 02:17 PM
Integrety and class.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ha.

:ok:

muskiefan82
01-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Integrity and class. hmmm.......it is possible, I suppose. Integrity is the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. If you believe what you are doing is right, then you can be WRONG, but be honest. You can also have strong moral principles that just happen to be moral to you alone. Everyone has class. For some it is just low.

Don't need a reason. Hate Duke. For the record, I would probably hate UK too, but X hasn't played them in a billion years so it doesn't seem to rise to the same level for me.

LA Muskie
01-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Integrety and class. Where is the proof of sexism (he is not Pitino)
You've never actually met K or even seen him up close and in living color. That much is now clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tardy Turtle
01-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Sweet Baby Jeebus will someone put a bullet in this shitty thread and bury it in a shallow grave.

As if one needs a reason to hate Duke... pfffft.

GIMMFD
01-15-2016, 03:12 PM
So I guess the lesson here is that it's okay for Duke to have one-and-dones because Coach K is a patriotic American who wins multiple national titles and gold medals.

Oh no no no, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying I don't really like the one-and-done argument in general, people bash on Kentucky and other schools that pick them up, but it's the mentality of these kids to get paid after a year, it happens EVERYWHERE, I don't hate Kentucky for getting one-and-dones, I just hate their fans, and Cal, which I see how the same argument can be made for Duke, I just personally don't despise them.

muskiefan82
01-15-2016, 03:36 PM

vee4xu
01-15-2016, 08:35 PM
And the "The" Ohio State montra just makes my blood boil. Obviously too cowardice to prove it on the court.

What you feel for THE Ohio State University, I feel about Dook.

bobbiemcgee
01-15-2016, 11:36 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/wojciechowski-hoping-for-sellout-crowd-jajuan-johnson-healthy-vs-xavier-b99651710z1-365505641.html

Cheesehead
01-16-2016, 09:29 AM
Fire Wojo, hire Kevin back! I try not to be a hater, but O'Neil was more loathsome to me than Huggins.

Kevin had one of the worst mouths in all of college hoops. He would make thuggins blush.

LadyMuskie
01-19-2016, 09:38 AM
UK is running a program with 1 and done as a TEMPLATE! Not even close. Coach K was selected to represent our country in the Olympics for a reason. Integrety and class. Where is the proof of sexism (he is not Pitino) and why am I defending Duke????? I am a diehard X fan and started this tread because the Wojo led Warriors are gonna give us an entertaining game tomorrow

Coach Class and Integrity skipped most of the handshake line after losing his third straight to Syracuse. Super classy. Lots of integrity.

Masterofreality
01-19-2016, 10:07 AM
Sweet Baby Jeebus will someone put a bullet in this shitty thread and bury it in a shallow grave.

As if one needs a reason to hate Duke... pfffft.

Public reps since Boreas has snow bounded my repping ability into an inescapable Ice Cave.

Masterofreality
01-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Coach Class and Integrity skipped most of the handshake line after losing his third straight to Syracuse. Super classy. Lots of integrity.

I don't think that Kreezewski and Boheem like each other very much....with damn good reason.

GoMuskies
01-19-2016, 10:10 AM
I don't think that Kreezewski and Boheem like each other very much....with damn good reason.

They both blow goats as human beings.

XUFan09
01-19-2016, 10:15 AM
They both blow goats as human beings.
That's impossible! Coach K is the paragon of class and integrity!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

X-band '01
01-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Are Duke's managers on their track team? I have never seen managers sprint off the floor like they did at the end of the first and second halves.

GoMuskies
01-19-2016, 10:25 AM
They have to get the baby seal clubbing station set up in Coach K's office. Coach K don't like to wait around to club no baby seals.

Cheesehead
01-19-2016, 11:58 AM

It sure looked like he was seeking out the referees to me, which would at least partially explain skipping a good portion of the handshake line. Like the refs are going to stick around to hear Coach K curse at them for his perceveid injustice with calls at the end. (or no-calls, actually, and they were fine).

X-band '01
01-19-2016, 12:02 PM
It sure looked like he was seeking out the referees to me, which would at least partially explain skipping a good portion of the handshake line. Like the refs are going to stick around to hear Coach K curse at them for his perceveid injustice with calls at the end. (or no-calls, actually, and they were fine).

That also struck me as odd - I sure as hell don't remember the Syracuse bench doing anything to warrant being snubbed in the handshake line.