PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tourney brackets -- who do we want

Emp
02-19-2015, 09:38 PM
Since Im going to the tourney at MSG, Im interested in the matchups.

According to X band 01, as of Saturday.........

(7) DePaul vs. (10) Creighton
(8) Seton Hall vs. (9) Marquette

(1) Villanova vs. Seton Hall/Marquette
(4) Georgetown vs. (5) St. John's
(2) Butler vs. DePaul/Creighton
(3) Providence vs. (6) Xavier

Nova/Hall/Marq vs. Gtown/St. John's
Butler/DePaul/Creighton vs. Prov/Xavier

I think we flipped into the 5 temporarily with St Johns loss. thinking we end up 5th or 6th seed, outside chance at 4, miniscule chance at 3?

If we lose to Nova at home, I wouldnt mind playing them in a semi, but would prefer Butler. Do not want Georgetown, or Providence. too many momentum/revenge issues.

Has any one worked the permutations? Updates please.

DC Muskie
02-19-2015, 09:44 PM
We match up well against GTown. I don't want Providence.

D-West & PO-Z
02-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Since Im going to the tourney at MSG, Im interested in the matchups.

According to X band 01, as of Saturday.........

(7) DePaul vs. (10) Creighton
(8) Seton Hall vs. (9) Marquette

(1) Villanova vs. Seton Hall/Marquette
(4) Georgetown vs. (5) St. John's
(2) Butler vs. DePaul/Creighton
(3) Providence vs. (6) Xavier

Nova/Hall/Marq vs. Gtown/St. John's
Butler/DePaul/Creighton vs. Prov/Xavier

I think we flipped into the 5 temporarily with St Johns loss. thinking we end up 5th or 6th seed, outside chance at 4, miniscule chance at 3?

If we lose to Nova at home, I wouldnt mind playing them in a semi, but would prefer Butler. Do not want Georgetown, or Providence. too many momentum/revenge issues.

Has any one worked the permutations? Updates please.

I think we pretty much are going to end up playing either Georgetown or Providence to start. I would much rather play Georgetown. I know it is hard to beat a team 3 times, especially a good one but I think we match up wel with them and I dont want to have to face Dunn and Henton again. Dunn might be the best player in the league.

Only good thing about how it is set up now is if we did beat Providence then we would face Butler instead of nova next round.

hoyahooligan
02-20-2015, 09:01 AM
I want no part of Xavier in the BET.

drudy23
02-20-2015, 09:03 AM
You'd rather play Nova than GTown? Huh?

BMoreX
02-20-2015, 09:05 AM
I actually wouldn't mind facing Prov or GTown.

GoMuskies
02-20-2015, 09:08 AM
I land in Vegas at 7:30 Eastern on the 12th, so I'm almost hoping for the #6 seed so that I can see the game. However, we're clearly going to be in a lot better position if we're the #5 seed. So tournament matchups be damned, I just want to be the #5 seed because that means we've probably already done enough to secure our NCAA bid.

XUMIOH12
02-20-2015, 09:25 AM
beating a team 3 straight times is so hard, but I would much rather face Georgetown than providence.

Masterofreality
02-20-2015, 10:20 AM
We match up well against GTown. I don't want Providence.

This.

Milhouse
02-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Georgetown is by far our best matchup in the BE

Xville
02-20-2015, 12:06 PM
Just looking thru the top 6 teams right now and what each team has left, I have surmised that unless we go 4-0 or 0-4 both highly unlikely, we are pretty much slotted at 5th in the league. That means most likely playing G'town for a third time with the next opponent being Nova.

LadyMuskie
02-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Just looking thru the top 6 teams right now and what each team has left, I have surmised that unless we go 4-0 or 0-4 both highly unlikely, we are pretty much slotted at 5th in the league. That means most likely playing G'town for a third time with the next opponent being Nova.

I'd love to play Georgetown again. And if SH or Marquette can knock off Nova, I'd love that too!