PDA

View Full Version : St. Joe's @ Dayton -2.5

Nigel Tufnel
03-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Was looking at this game today...should be a pretty interesting game. It is pretty much an at large elimation game. Whoever loses has no shot at an at large bid.

St. Joe's is hard to figure out. How they have managed to lose some of their games with their talent....I'll never know. But when looking at the matchups today, I, for the life of me, can't figure out how UD's front court is going to be able to matchup with Calathes, Nivens and Ferguson.

UD's home court advantage is huge...but with the weather, I don't see home court advantage being nearly as important today.

I think I might take St. Joe's and the points....thoughts?

American X
03-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Correct me if wrong, SJU wins = 3 seed, SJU loses = 4 seed.

If 3 seed, potential XU-SJU rematch in finals.

xsteve1
03-08-2008, 01:44 PM
UD winning big, SJU was due for a huge letdown after their effort and emotion on Thurs.

X Factor
03-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Could see this coming from a mile away. St. Joe's can't hit the broad side of a barn, and on the other end they're allowing UD to shoot wide open three's every time down.

St. Joe's is playing with no intensity.

xuirish
03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Dayton up 17 at half

American X
03-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Nice job Hawks.

Watch them turn into the '86 Celtics when we meet again in the A-10 tourney.

vee4xu
03-08-2008, 05:41 PM
A quick look at the standings tells me that if URI wins tonight, they will finish 7th and ud will finish 8th by virture of ud's head-to-head loss to URI. If ud finishes 7th, they are not in our bracket. If the cryers finish 8th, they would play LaSalle and the winner plays X next Thursday. My hope is that URI loses and ud is in the other bracket. I don't even want to deal with having to play them again. ud is certainly is inferior to X. But, the law of averages scares the hell out of me.

JAPER
03-08-2008, 05:43 PM
A quick look at the standings tells me that if URI wins tonight, they will finish 7th and ud will finish 8th by virture of ud's head-to-head loss to URI. If ud finishes 7th, they are not in our bracket. If the cryers finish 8th, they would play LaSalle and the winner plays X next Thursday. My hope is that URI loses and ud is in the other bracket. I don't even want to deal with having to play them again. ud is certainly is inferior to X. But, the law of averages scares the hell out of me.

vee, dont be scared. Look at it as another opportunity to win against a rival.