PDA

View Full Version : FoxSports.com Big East article

SM#24
01-07-2014, 09:23 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/forgrave-big-east-deep-now-may-be-deeper-in-march-010614

GoMuskies
01-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Good read, thanks. Fox is a great partner for this league!

Titanxman04
01-07-2014, 09:39 AM
FS1 is doing a great job with the Big East. Those jokers who announced the Butler game were terrible and painful. Regional announcers are terrible. This national network is only going to get better. Loving all that they are doing for us.

Muskie
01-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Do we really have "perhaps the top NBA prospect in the Big East in point guard Semaj Christon, plenty of depth and the best front line in the conference."

I don't doubt the depth.... but the other two?

GoMuskies
01-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I don't know enough about the rest of the league to say for certain, but Semaj is likely to be a lottery pick. Does anyone else have a lottery pick on the team?

Muskie
01-07-2014, 09:47 AM
I don't know enough about the rest of the league to say for certain, but Semaj is likely to be a lottery pick. Does anyone else have a lottery pick on the team?
Doug McDermott? Wouldn't he be a potential lottery pick?

XUFan09
01-07-2014, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't take any center in this conference over the Big Stain. Philmore seems to have woken up, and we all know how ridiculous Farr has been on offense and on the glass. That assessment of the front line seems fair.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

GoMuskies
01-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Doug McDermott? Wouldn't he be a potential lottery pick?

Wouldn't think so, no.

Though nbadraft.net has his right at the bottom of the lottery (#14) and has Semaj #21.

Muskie
01-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Wouldn't think so, no.

Though nbadraft.net has his right at the bottom of the lottery (#14) and has Semaj #21.

I'm surprised by that. I'd never seen him play before this year (except for highlights) and assume he was a product of some of the hype that comes with the MVC. I'd been surprised how good he really is, and he's responded to playing much better competition.

mistabeecee41
01-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Wouldn't think so, no.

I think Semaj will go higher - just because the bad teams who draft earlier are more likely to gamble on a game changer. If Semaj pans out, he can be a starting NBA point guard. McDermott will be a solid role player and can help a good team become better right away.

GoMuskies
01-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Agree. I wouldn't want to build a team around McDermott. But if you've already got a team built, he would be a great piece to add.

XUFan09
01-07-2014, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't take any center in this conference over the Big Stain. Philmore seems to have woken up, and we all know how ridiculous Farr has been on offense and on the glass. That assessment of the front line seems fair.

I just took some time to look over the rest of the conference. St. John's has a nice collection of bigs, but they don't seem to work well together (like the team as a whole). That leaves only Marquette as a serious contender. Davante Gardner and Chris Otule are both big contributors to Marquette's great defense, and on the offensive end Otule is moderately efficient while Gardner is that team's only really strong offensive threat. They have no reserves worth mentioning though, whereas Xavier does.

vee4xu
01-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute. How can we be sure that this isn't Fox trumping up a lousy league, just because they are the sponsor network that created a new station just to air the games? :whistle: