PDA

View Full Version : Memorabilia

Turd Ferguson
03-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Anyone have any memorabilia for sale or trade?

Fred Garvin
03-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Remember Eric Davis' rookie year in the spring of 88? He went over the centerfield wall three nights in a row to steal home runs. At the time Jim Borgman did a cartoon depicting Davis up by the scoreboard snagging a catch. The caption is the broadcaster saying " now that ball is out of here, folks...no, wait a minute, Eric is still going up."

I bought the original at Borgman's old store on Hyde Park Sqare. Paid $200 then. It's not autographed. I almost wonder if it appreciated more to Borgman than Davis' career.

Almost called in to Steve Wolter on Sunday's Sports of All Sorts to get an appraisal.

Speaking of Wolter, he's visited my neighbor. Her late husband has an awesome mounted board of old Reds photos. He was a great guy. He was the Reds bullpen catcher the year of Johney Vander Meer's consecutive no-hitters. He was there at Ebbet's Field.

They gave everyone affiliated with that team a baseball card for everyone on the team. It was never commercially available. I think Ewel "The Whip"Blackwell was also on that team.