PDA

View Full Version : Twitter Mentions/Rumors abotu 2014 Xavier Recruits

MarvAlbert
03-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
RT @DMcDonaldHoops: Alabama & Xavier both offered 2014 Collins Hill (GA) SG Devin Mitchell this week.

6'3"
176 lbs.
Offers from Alabama, Boston U, Charlotte, cincinatti, Georgia, Georgia State, Ole Miss, UAB, Charleston, and Mercer

Justin Byerly ‏@Justinbyerly
Xavier University is showing interest in 6'7, 2014 Markell Lodge of Christian Faith (NC).

6'6"-6'7"
190-200 lbs.
74 Grade on espn (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/142106/markell-lodge)

Shun Williams ‏@OntheRadarHoops
Xavier will be in to check out 2014 PG Keith Pinckney @KEITHPINCKNEY5 Miller Grove (GA) @coachswhite

6'0"-6'1"
160-165 lbs.
4 star on scout (http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=6373080), #50 2014 recruit and 84 grade on espn (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/144130/keith-pinckney)
Offers from Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Miami (espn lists an offer from Xavier, but scout doesn't)

Eric Hampford ‏@Future150EricH
Xavier head coach Chris Mack was in to watch 2014 SG Cuyler Mosley of Timber Creek HS (FL) workout yesterday. #Future150

6'3"
160 lbs.
Future 150 (http://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/cuyler-mosley-sg-2013) gives a grade of 91 and rates him #91 in the 2014 class. They also list offers from Rider and Kansas State

Shun Williams ‏@OntheRadarHoops
Xavier @XavierBasketbal was in to see 2014 PF Phil Cofer @LifeisDeep_ Whitewater (GA)

6'7"-6'8"
196-205 lbs.
espn (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/142088/phil-cofer) has him as the #56 2014 recruit with an 83 grade.
Offers from Alabama, George Mason, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Miami, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, and Tennessee

XUFan09
03-29-2013, 12:52 PM
I've been a broken record about this, but be wary what the players' pages say in terms of who's recruiting a kid.

paulxu
04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Looking at Mack's twitter feed, he was all over the place with visits this week.
From the number he saw in one day it would almost seem like he was on a private plane...but then he commented as if he was on a larger one.
Time in Georgia, Florida (maybe seeing the kids noted above) and also Pittsburgh.

Still wonder about the Vez kid. There must be dozens of players in Europe who might play college ball in the U.S.
For him to jump over there just to see one kid almost seems like there was a connection established that he needed to solidify.
Long way to go for just a "take a chance" offer.

xufan02
08-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Trevon Bluiett ‏@tre_bluiett15 10h Arizona, Butler, Indiana, Michigan, Purdue, UCLA, & Xavier. (Alphabetical order) This is my list of schools.

Xavier is the top 7 for top 50 wing Trevon Bluiett.

paulxu
08-01-2013, 07:10 AM
See if you notice anything unusual about his highlight video. Actually there are two unusual things.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/trevon-bluiett

Milhouse
08-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Think this kid would be a BIG get for the program. Might be a bit of an uphill battle but we'll see.

nkymuskie
08-01-2013, 08:43 AM
See if you notice anything unusual about his highlight video. Actually there are two unusual things.

I watched it and couldn't really notice anything, but that may have been the result of the poor quality on my phone. I assume that Mack was probably in the background or something?

casualfan
08-01-2013, 10:44 AM

no shitty rap music?

paulxu
08-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Nope.
First, he actually makes a layup with his off hand.
And second...that has to be the only high school video I've ever watched where there is not one dunk. Check it. Not one dunk.

GIMMFD
08-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Boy that would really excite me if we got Bluiett, kid looks good!! Plus it could cause other recruits to jump on board!! Salivating at the thought.

SixFig
08-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Boy that would really excite me if we got Bluiett, kid looks good!! Plus it could cause other recruits to jump on board!! Salivating at the thought.

Plus you get to use "blew it" puns galore!

Xman95
08-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Plus you get to use "blew it" puns galore!

Like UC Blueitt, dayton swallowed...that type of thing?

GIMMFD
08-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Like UC Blueitt, dayton swallowed...that type of thing?

Public Reps, that was absolutely hilarious. Hahaha.

mistabeecee41
08-02-2013, 02:58 PM
2013 Adidas Nation Rosters Announced. Bluiett & Onuaku are 2014 X targets that made the list.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2013-adidas-Nations-Rosters-Announced-4303-

XUFan09
08-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Man, I would really love both of them. Onuaku is my favorite center that we're after. Bluiett is just awesome.

ammtd34
08-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Xavier will probably get a visit from Quentin Snider.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/former-louisville-commit-snider-planning-visits/

paulxu
08-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Interesting that we haven't made him an offer but he's interested enough to make a visit.
Maybe Semaj can whisper in his ear that he's going pro so our position won't be so crowded either.

A10fan
08-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Interesting that we haven't made him an offer but he's interested enough to make a visit.
Maybe Semaj can whisper in his ear that he's going pro so our position won't be so crowded either.

Most coaches don't offer until a recruit is on campus or the coach has had a chance to meet face to face with a kid.

casualfan
08-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Man, I would really love both of them. Onuaku is my favorite center that we're after. Bluiett is just awesome.

From what I've heard Onuaku is Maryland's to lose.

PMI
08-06-2013, 02:22 PM
From what I've heard Onuaku is Maryland's to lose.

This is true, from the sounds of it.

casualfan
08-06-2013, 02:38 PM
I also heard Jared Terrell and Abdul Malik Abu had great visits to Providence recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if both landed there.

casualfan
08-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I also heard Jared Terrell and Abdul Malik Abu had great visits to Providence recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if both landed there.

Speaking of Terrell, he just cut Xavier from his list. (http://zagsblog.com/articles/jared-terrell-cuts-list-to-4/)

From the article...

The 6-2 Terrell is now working with a list of Providence, Cincinnati, Rhode Island and Oklahoma State.

Terrell axed Florida, UConn, UCLA, Miami, St. John’s and Xavier from his list.

waggy
08-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Speaking of Terrell, he just cut Xavier from his list. (http://zagsblog.com/articles/jared-terrell-cuts-list-to-4/)

From the article...

The 6-2 Terrell is now working with a list of Providence, Cincinnati, Rhode Island and Oklahoma State.

Terrell axed Florida, UConn, UCLA, Miami, St. John’s and Xavier from his list.

Those two lists would seem to indicate that the "axing" was the other way around.

casualfan
08-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Those two lists would seem to indicate that the "axing" was the other way around.

You may be right with some of those schools, but I highly doubt that Mack and Co told a consensus top 60 guy to look elsewhere.

waggy
08-08-2013, 02:06 PM
And maybe Mack isn't on board with the consensus.

casualfan
08-08-2013, 03:26 PM
And maybe Mack isn't on board with the consensus.

Do you know this or are you speaking hypothetically?

waggy
08-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Hypothetically.

casualfan
08-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Hypothetically.

Ok. I just wasn't sure if you were privy to some inside info or something.

I do think it will be interesting to see how Mack rounds out this class. If I'm not mistaken he has 4 scholarships to give yet and I'd say the only position we likely don't need is a PG (Assuming Randolph and Sumner end up there which can obviously change).

Here's how next year's roster will look (assuming Semaj leaves)

Seniors (3):

Dee Davis- G
Justin Martin- Wing
Stain- C

Juniors (2):

James Farr- F
Remy Abell- Wing

Sophomores (4):

Myles Davis- G
Brandon Randolph- G
Jalen Reynolds- F
Kamall Richards- Wing

Sumner and Swift are already committed so assuming no one transfers or decommits we have two ships left to use.

waggy
08-08-2013, 04:30 PM
I would think a center or another forward would be the priority. There is definitely room for another guard, eventhough potential recruits might have a different view of that.

casualfan
08-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Xavier will probably get a visit from Quentin Snider.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/former-louisville-commit-snider-planning-visits/

He cut his list to ucla, usc, illinois, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, UCONN, and Cincinnati.

ammtd34
08-29-2013, 02:58 PM
He cut his list to ucla, usc, illinois, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, UCONN, and Cincinnati.

Depending on how many official visits he's taken, he could rack up some serious travel costs with that list.

casualfan
08-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Depending on how many official visits he's taken, he could rack up some serious travel costs with that list.

Schools pay all expenses related to official visits. That's the difference between and official and unofficial.

ammtd34
08-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Schools pay all expenses related to official visits. That's the difference between and official and unofficial.

I know. Since he was already committed, though, I would imagine he's already taken at least some of hit 5 allotted visits, leaving him to pay for any furhter travel.

casualfan
08-29-2013, 08:55 PM
I know. Since he was already committed, though, I would imagine he's already taken at least some of hit 5 allotted visits, leaving him to pay for any furhter travel.

He committed to Louisville over two years ago. At that point he would have been too young to take official visits.

ammtd34
08-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Fair enough. My point was simply that his list of schools is geographically diverse.

casualfan
09-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Trevon Bluiett ‏@tre_bluiett15 4m
Blessed to have many schools recruiting me. But in the end, theres only one school right for me. I'm officially a Bruin. #UCLA #bruinnation

xuphan
09-02-2013, 03:55 PM
This has been a very disappointing recruiting class for Chris Mack. I did not expect Mack to get 5* recruits but I did expect the move to the big east to boost Xavier's recruiting overall. I am sure there will be posters who will say that there is a long ways to go but were getting closer to signing day and only have a three star point guard in the fold. We have missed on the majority of high level players we were in on (still waiting for the pf out of tennessee) and it looks like we will be settling for plan c and d guys.

XUFan09
09-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Our priority recruits:

Trevon Bluiett
Justin Bibbs
J.P. Macura

Justin Tillman
Makinde London

Chinua Onuaku
Sean O'Mara

I count two misses right now, not a majority of priority recruits. We'll see what happens, but at the moment, your declaration of "disappointing" is premature. Bluiett was a big long shot anyway.

Concerning the Big East branding, it will have a much bigger impact once Xavier is actually playing Big East games. Not even a year ago, Xavier was going to be an A10 team for this coming season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

mistabeecee41
09-02-2013, 07:07 PM
hoping for some good news soon. Mack HAS to be confident one of his targets will commit after yanking one from swift.

xuphan
09-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Our priority recruits:

Trevon Bluiett
Justin Bibbs
J.P. Macura

Justin Tillman
Makinde London

Chinua Onuaku
Sean O'Mara

I count two misses right now, not a majority of priority recruits. We'll see what happens, but at the moment, your declaration of "disappointing" is premature. Bluiett was a big long shot anyway.

Concerning the Big East branding, it will have a much bigger impact once Xavier is actually playing Big East games. Not even a year ago, Xavier was going to be an A10 team for this coming season.

If we land Onuaku, Bibbs and London I will be thrilled. Macura will most likely end up at Minnesota and Onuaku seems to be all louisville at the moment. Sean O'Mara is an undersized center with limited athletic ability. He does not posses the lateral quickness needed to compete with upper level talent in the Big East. If we see him as a depth fillers I wouldn't mind getting him but he will not contribute much in his first couple of years in college.

xufan02
09-02-2013, 08:35 PM
I think Sean O'Mara can be a Brian Conklin type center, and that dude was a beast.

casualfan
09-03-2013, 07:19 AM
If we land Onuaku, Bibbs and London I will be thrilled. Macura will most likely end up at Minnesota and Onuaku seems to be all louisville at the moment. Sean O'Mara is an undersized center with limited athletic ability. He does not posses the lateral quickness needed to compete with upper level talent in the Big East. If we see him as a depth fillers I wouldn't mind getting him but he will not contribute much in his first couple of years in college.

I'm pretty sure Onuaku is out of the picture at this point.

It appears to be Louisville for him. If he doesn't end up there it will likely either be Miami or UC.

ammtd34
09-03-2013, 07:25 AM
This has been a very disappointing recruiting class for Chris Mack. I did not expect Mack to get 5* recruits but I did expect the move to the big east to boost Xavier's recruiting overall. I am sure there will be posters who will say that there is a long ways to go but were getting closer to signing day and only have a three star point guard in the fold. We have missed on the majority of high level players we were in on (still waiting for the pf out of tennessee) and it looks like we will be settling for plan c and d guys.

Bibbs, Macura, O'Mara, and London are all still in the mix. At least wait until the class is complete to call it disappointing.

Masterofreality
09-03-2013, 08:20 AM
I think that Bibbs and London are a package deal.....and we are in a pretty good position.

mistabeecee41
09-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Seems like Mack might have paid Makinde a visit. His AAU coach recently tweeted -

Coach Smart and his staff are a very special group! Coach Smart has that "it" factor just makes you believe in VCU
and
Coach Mack represented well for Xavier, great program with proven success in March n sweet 16s. Great guy who knows the game! #xavier

This is all coming from a VCU twitter recruiting account so it's all hearsay at this point - but it looks like we might be down to a final 2 of X and VCU.

https://twitter.com/DistrictBaller

nkymuskie
09-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Seems like Mack might have paid Makinde a visit. His AAU coach recently tweeted -

Coach Smart and his staff are a very special group! Coach Smart has that "it" factor just makes you believe in VCU
and
Coach Mack represented well for Xavier, great program with proven success in March n sweet 16s. Great guy who knows the game! #xavier

This is all coming from a VCU twitter recruiting account so it's all hearsay at this point - but it looks like we might be down to a final 2 of X and VCU.

https://twitter.com/DistrictBaller

It's been down to us and VCU for a while. I'd really recommend subscribing to scout since Snow and Rick have been talking about Makinde and his list for quite a while now.

xuphan
09-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Justin Bibbs to Virginia Tech. Wonder if the Macura decision played a role in this.

casualfan
09-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Justin Bibbs to Virginia Tech. Wonder if the Macura decision played a role in this.

Makinde London getting an in home visit from Miami today according to @TheRecruitScoop

casualfan
09-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 19m
Per AAU coach 4-star Makinde London had a great official to Xavier. Visits scheduled for Miami & VCU as well.

More Cowbell
09-23-2013, 07:54 AM
MO State 247 (@MOStateNation) tweeted at 7:30pm - 22 Sep 13:

Looks like Sean O'mara has choose Xavier University over Wichita State. (https://twitter.com/MOStateNation/status/381923559053881346)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

GoMuskies
09-23-2013, 08:08 AM
MO State 247 (@MOStateNation) tweeted at 7:30pm - 22 Sep 13:

Looks like Sean O'mara has choose Xavier University over Wichita State. (https://twitter.com/MOStateNation/status/381923559053881346)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

I will be sure to do the appropriate amount of taunting around the office and neighborhood.

XUFan09
09-23-2013, 08:19 AM
That tweet is a little premature. There was another tweet saying it was down to Xavier and Loyola. Nothing is official yet. Something could be official by the end of the day, maybe, but nothing at this point in time.

More Cowbell
09-23-2013, 08:46 AM
That tweet is a little premature. There was another tweet saying it was down to Xavier and Loyola. Nothing is official yet. Something could be official by the end of the day, maybe, but nothing at this point in time.

As it wasn't reported elsewhere, I figured it could be a bit early.

casualfan
09-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Wichita, Loyolla and us. Am I missing something?

XUFan09
09-23-2013, 09:16 AM

Academics, and those specific to a few programs, are very important to him, which has made for a weird recruitment process.

blueblob06
09-23-2013, 10:35 AM

In August, he had Wake, Seton Hall, and UMass on his list as well, for whatever that is worth.

6'8", 220 lb Center, ranked the #25 Center on Scout.com for 2014.

ArizonaXUGrad
09-23-2013, 12:53 PM
ESPN has him at 6'9 240# now. 80 and ranked with 4*. Says the kid has issues with long athletic defenders and is an "under the basket finisher". Didn't mention anything regard defense other than he is a good area rebounder.

Milhouse
09-23-2013, 01:08 PM
He's a priority target for the staff. If they get their priority targets I will be very very happy.

JTG
09-24-2013, 01:30 PM
WTF, We've sunk to fighting Loyola for recruits. I thought it was absurd, but maybe there's some truth to the Wells fallout.

ballyhoohoo
09-24-2013, 01:38 PM
WTF, We've sunk to fighting Loyola for recruits. I thought it was absurd, but maybe there's some truth to the Wells fallout.

He's a solid recruit. He's looking more at academics first, hence Loyola.

Let me loan you my umbrella for the falling sky.

MADXSTER
09-24-2013, 01:46 PM

It's 30 minutes from home. It's a smaller school like Xavier. If anything is absurd, it's your post.

waggy
09-24-2013, 01:46 PM
I saw a story the other day that opposing staffs were using the A&M coaches Parkinson's in negative recruiting. So...

XUFan09
09-24-2013, 01:51 PM

So I guess you didn't read my recent post saying how his recruitment is unusual and academics are really important in his decision. Maybe you'll at least read Ballyhoohoo's post reiterating the same point.

ballyhoohoo
09-24-2013, 01:51 PM
I saw a story the other day that opposing staffs were using the A&M coaches Parkinson's in negative recruiting. So...

I'm sure things will shake out for them in the end.

XUFan09
09-24-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm sure things will shake out for them in the end.

Hahaha that's terrible.

GoMuskies
09-24-2013, 02:59 PM
MOR has been telling us for years that the Ramblers are a sleeping giant.

casualfan
09-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Rashard Kelly visiting this weekend per Evan Daniels on twitter.

JTG
09-25-2013, 08:20 AM
MOR has been telling us for years that the Ramblers are a sleeping giant.

With the emphasis on SLEEPING.

GetUp5
09-25-2013, 10:40 AM

Sorry, but you're a fucking idiot.

Wait, I'm not really sorry. You're just a fucking idiot.

mistabeecee41
09-25-2013, 12:50 PM
District Baller ‏@DistrictBaller 1h
http://Scout.com is reporting that Makinde London is down to VCU/Xavier and should decide any day now. He's #71 in the Scout top 100.

If he's deciding any day now and his VCU visit is in a couple of weeks... feeling more confident about him wearing an X jersey in '14.