PDA

View Full Version : umass-fordham

muskies05
02-14-2008, 09:54 PM
fordham is up by 4 with 1:49 left.... is this the end for umass if they drop this one?

XU Dozer
02-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Fordham pulled it out on the road at UMass.

XU Fan
02-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Impressive win for the Rams on the road. With the Fordham win, Dayton is creeping closer to 12th place in the standings.

GoMuskies
02-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Travis Ford was just removed from the list of candidates for every offseason opening in America.

dc_x
02-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I just heard the sound of a bubble burst in Amherst. UMass needs to run the table just to finish 10-6 in the league now and that ain't gonna happen.

The list of potential A10 at larges is down to X, URI, SJU, and UD. And UD's chances are on life support.

Lasser83
02-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Travis Ford was just removed from the list of candidates for every offseason opening in America.

I don't quite know why everyone was so high on him in the first place. The only reason he was considered a viable candidate for the UK job was Rick Pitino's praise of him.

X-band '01
02-15-2008, 05:53 AM
That's worse for GW - Fordham is now 3-6 in conference play and creeping closer to UD (4-6 in the A-10). GW is now 2-8 in conference play; where would you see them getting 2 more wins to leapfrog Dayton (and that's assuming that they completely melt down and lose their last 6 games).

I'll tell you what - if Fordham can beat Dayton at home, the Flyers would lose tiebreakers to both Fordham and GW for seeding. La Salle has to be salivating for their home game against UD Saturday night.

XU Fan
02-15-2008, 08:51 AM
I don't think it'll happen, but it is at least possible for Dayton to not make the A10 tournament. As X-Band has said, GW is pretty firmly entrenched in the A10 cellar (Bonnie is a given) so Dayton has that going for them. That would be a collapse of monumental proportions. Still, as nice as that would be to see, I don't think it'll happen.

XU 87
02-15-2008, 09:02 AM
A month ago the debate was whether the A-10 would get 4 or 5 teams in the NCAA. Now we can argue if it will be 2 or 3. UD is now out. UMass is now out. But it is possible, albeit not probable, that both teams could play their way back into the tournament.

Xavier is in. Rhode Island is probably in but could play their way out. And St. Joe might make it. But they have some work to do.

Snipe
02-15-2008, 09:06 AM
I think that St. Joes could be dangerous in the tourney. I hope that they can make it. URI can still play their way out. Losing to us will not help them on Monday night.

Temple has played surprisingly well. They could be a force next year. I could see them doing well in the A-10 tournament.

dc_x
02-15-2008, 09:53 AM
You could argue that X's games against URI, UD, and SJU are all must-wins for our opponents. URI and SJU need a "signature win" and UD needs to prove it can beat a good team.

dc_x
02-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Here is a post-game quote from Travis Ford:

"There is no at-large [NCAA Tournament bid]," said a deflated UMass coach Travis Ford. "There is none. That's done. That's probably pretty safe to say."

Ford then paused to reconsider ever so slightly: "I don't know. If we win out, I think we'll be all right. But if we play like this, give me a break."