PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Releases Smartphone Apps

American X
01-07-2011, 10:37 AM
GoXavier.com Introduces Musketeers Mobile Lite For iPhones (http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010511aai.html)

GoXavier.com unveiled Musketeers Mobile Lite Wednesday, the official iPhone application of Xavier Athletics. Musketeers Mobile Lite offers iPhone owners easy access to up-to-the-minute news, scores, schedules, rosters and streaming audio and video for the 2010-2011 school year. Musketeers Mobile Lite is completely free with an option to upgrade for $4.99 per year. It can be downloaded from the iTunes store or from the App Store on your iPhone.

Xavier Releases GameTracker Mobile Application (http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010511aaf.html)

GoXavier.com unveiled the Xavier GameTracker Mobile application Wednesday, the official mobile live statistics application of Xavier Athletics. Xavier's GameTracker Mobile app offers college sports fans across the world the opportunity to follow their favorite Musketeer teams from their BlackBerry and Android smartphones. Xavier's GameTracker Mobile is a free, interactive application that can be downloaded from BlackBerry App WorldTM or the Android Marketplace.

It seems the upgrade to Musketeers Mobile Live is for streaming audio and live GameTracker. Since my iheartradio app is right next to my Musketeers Mobile Lite app, I do not see much of a reason to upgrade.

ArizonaXUGrad
01-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Whatever...call me old school but the apps and tweeting needs to be stopped in favor of WINNING AND EFFORT!!!!!!

nuts4xu
01-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Whatever...call me old school but the apps and tweeting needs to be stopped in favor of WINNING AND EFFORT!!!!!!

Huh? Can you explain how an app on a phone can inhibit winning or giving effort?

I am not sure I see the connection.

American X
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Enough. Take a break.

coasterville95
01-07-2011, 01:36 PM
For men's games on 550 or 700, sure streaming audio is redundant with the iHeartRadio app.

But does that app get us streaming audio to other Xavier sporting events, like your nationaly ranked Women's Basketball team?

I was thinking about dowenloading that app before going to the game last night - the stat panels at UC just don't give the stats on rebounds, assists, turnovers. But then, that's what ESPN ScoreCenter is for.

But don't knock our athletic department - they are doing everything they can to be Big Time (tm).

Jumpy
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Love the app. As coasterville said there are free sources of game stats, but nothing beats having an app with the X logo. I don't see a reason to use it much, but it sits on my dock bar simply because of the X.

xudash
01-10-2011, 12:03 PM
GoXavier.com Introduces Musketeers Mobile Lite For iPhones (http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010511aai.html)

GoXavier.com unveiled Musketeers Mobile Lite Wednesday, the official iPhone application of Xavier Athletics. Musketeers Mobile Lite offers iPhone owners easy access to up-to-the-minute news, scores, schedules, rosters and streaming audio and video for the 2010-2011 school year. Musketeers Mobile Lite is completely free with an option to upgrade for $4.99 per year. It can be downloaded from the iTunes store or from the App Store on your iPhone.

Xavier Releases GameTracker Mobile Application (http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010511aaf.html)

GoXavier.com unveiled the Xavier GameTracker Mobile application Wednesday, the official mobile live statistics application of Xavier Athletics. Xavier's GameTracker Mobile app offers college sports fans across the world the opportunity to follow their favorite Musketeer teams from their BlackBerry and Android smartphones. Xavier's GameTracker Mobile is a free, interactive application that can be downloaded from BlackBerry App WorldTM or the Android Marketplace.

It seems the upgrade to Musketeers Mobile Live is for streaming audio and live GameTracker. Since my iheartradio app is right next to my Musketeers Mobile Lite app, I do not see much of a reason to upgrade.

Thanks AmX, just downloaded it.

coasterville95
01-10-2011, 02:37 PM
I downloaded the app, but I'm not sold on it yet.

Yeah, an app, and an Icon with the X logo and splash screen is kind of cool, okay, is very cool.

But the functionality just isn't there.

Sure - I can read the headlines to any article (I think) on goxavier.com, and as soon as you touch the headline and synopsis, it just opens up goxavier in a brwoser window anyway.

It has score history - but when I touched on the game last night, while it was in progress, it didn't do anything, such as open up a Gametracker or anything like that. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

It has the upcoming schedule, kind of cool.

Settings just lets you tell it (and I think it auto detects anyway) what kind of broadband connection you have going,

I touched Audio/Video - I thought only the live audio was upcharge, but it looks like I need to pay (I haven't yet) to get any multimedia functionality.

Looks like my Gametracker of choice is still going to be ESPN ScoreCenter, maybe with an iheartradio parlay. Though, not too wild with the latest redesign of ESPN ScoreCenter, but maybe it will grow on me.

---
Speaking of ESPN and technology - I use current (now Cincinnati Communications or some such, its the braodband over power line deal) - Got an email today from them that says they plan to have ESPN3 service added within 45 days. At least I will have it in place by NEXT hoops season then. Don't even talk to me about trying to use ESPN3 on an iPhone, actually I don't know if it's allowed, but the page where you select which game you want to watch can crash iOS safari faster than a ref calling a foul on Taylor.

Ever notice how many of these little iPhone applets primary goal is to make up for the shortcomings in the iOS Safari? Menus and text size you don't have to keep resizing, or in some cases menus that work.

WCWIII
02-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Has anyone gotten Xavier audio/video content to work? I haven't yet. I did pay the $4.95 or whatever it was. It would be nice if the Women's games play by play were available, for instance. Similarly, Gametracker for the Men's games.

XmAn06
02-02-2011, 08:28 AM
I like the app for the simple reason that I've been looking for a good X logo to use as my wallpaper on my iPhone...

Call me a nerd if you want (I would) - but when the splash screen came up after launching the app - I took a screenshot of it, edited the picture, and now have an awesome, huge X logo as my wallpaper :D

In all seriousness though - I do like the app as a starting point, I think the more time they spend with it - and the more reviews people post on the app store about it, giving feedback like we're giving here - the better it will get with future updates. It could stand to have something like a gametracker interface like you'd find a link to on goxavier.com during games, but it is a good start.

:logo:

American X
02-02-2011, 09:47 AM
when the splash screen came up after launching the app - I took a screenshot of it, edited the picture, and now have an awesome, huge X logo as my wallpaper :D

Run that by us again. Screenshot the launch logo?

XmAn06
02-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Run that by us again. Screenshot the launch logo?

So when the app launches - the splash screen comes up (that has the X logo at the top of the screen).

To take a screenshot on the iPhone - you press & hold the Sleep/Wake button then press the home button at the bottom of the phone. You'll see the screen kind of "flash" then you can let go of the button(s). Then look in your photo album and the screenshot will be saved as a photo!

Then I had to use another app (called Photogene - there's lots of photo editing apps available) to actually crop the image so the only thing left showing was the X (and to make the image big enough to fill up my screen as the wallpaper.

coasterville95
02-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the iPhone tip - I actually have wondered if it was possible to take a screen shot.

bobbiemcgee
02-07-2011, 03:53 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41463109?GT1=43001

Benxman
02-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Some people have waaay too much time on their hands. Get a life! :p

:)

GO MUSKIES!

:logo:

SixFig
02-07-2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41463109?GT1=43001

You can use the confession app right after you use the vibrator app

first iphone vibrator app approved by apple nsfw (http://gizmodo.com/#!5295987/myvibe-thighs+on-first-iphone-vibrator-app-approved-by-apple-nsfw)