PDA

View Full Version : TV for Sunday?

JAX 3758
11-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Sorry if this has been posted some where else

but has anyone confirmed the TV situation for Sunday's game with Seton Hall?

flatspat
11-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Sorry if this has been posted some where else

but has anyone confirmed the TV situation for Sunday's game with Seton Hall?

Fox College Sports

Nocalmuskie
11-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Is it streaming anywhere?

XULucho27
11-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Is it streaming anywhere?

You can buy the online package that gives you every game streamed online. It's $3.99. They have the link on the web-site.

Edit: Actually I don't know what's going on anymore. Yesterday it said I had access to every game and it still shows up online when I bring up the player. But there seems to be conflicting information. I'll let you know when the first game starts whether it's streaming or not.

FIGHTING MUSKETEER
11-20-2010, 10:20 AM
You can buy the online package that gives you every game streamed online. It's $3.99. They have the link on the web-site.

Are you sure about that? 'Cause when I bought it I thought I read that only the games not on TV will be streamed. I'll check and post if I find something

FIGHTING MUSKETEER
11-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I just logged into the broadcast site and for Sunday the only games scheduled are the ones for 7th, 5th and 3rd place so it seems we are going to have to look somewhere else for the Championship game.

XULucho27
11-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Thought I'd update this for those who asked. I'm currently on the website and have a live stream of the Long Beach State - St. Peter's game. So it seems if you bought the package for 3.99 you get to stream the whole tournament. Hope this helps. :)

Xaveriana
11-20-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm sure someone covered this, but I can't find it.

Is the game tonight on TV?

XU.EDU lists "Fox College Sports"

My Directv does not show it on Fox Sports Ohio or Cincinnati.

Can anyone help?

waggy
11-20-2010, 03:59 PM
The game is tomorrow...

XULucho27
11-20-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm sure someone covered this, but I can't find it.

Is the game tonight on TV?

XU.EDU lists "Fox College Sports"

My Directv does not show it on Fox Sports Ohio or Cincinnati.

Can anyone help?

The game is tomorrow on Fox College Sports or you can live stream it for 3.99 with the package available through the tournament web-site. Long Beach State v. St. Peters and Iowa v. Alabama are the only games on tonight.

Edit: My bad Waggy, you beat me to it.

Xaveriana
11-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks for setting me straight. This is what drinking and age can do to ya.

:o

anXUfan
11-20-2010, 04:58 PM
For me it shows up on Fox Sports Pacific. I have Time Warner Digital Cable.

JAPER
11-20-2010, 05:03 PM
for those with DirectV sportspack, should be on several channels including 617 and/or 623.

Go X!

FIGHTING MUSKETEER
11-20-2010, 05:40 PM
The game is tomorrow on Fox College Sports or you can live stream it for 3.99 with the package available through the tournament web-site. Long Beach State v. St. Peters and Iowa v. Alabama are the only games on tonight.

Edit: My bad Waggy, you beat me to it.

Lucho are you sure that the XU-Seton Hall game will be live streamed. My understandig was that the package only covered those games not in FSN. Since our next game will be on FSN Ohio it is my understanding it will not be live streamed. Hope I'm wrong 'cause I have no access to FSN Ohio. I just checked, once again, the live stream schedule for tomorrow and our game is not there. If anyone can verify this, please post.

drudy23
11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
for those with DirectV sportspack, should be on several channels including 617 and/or 623.

Go X!

For those of you worrying about missing XU games...just get DirecTV with the Sports Pack...you'll never miss one. If you don't do that, don't complain.

xavierj
11-20-2010, 07:42 PM
For those of you worrying about missing XU games...just get DirecTV with the Sports Pack...you'll never miss one. If you don't do that, don't complain.

OK no one has confirmed if this game is going to be broadcasted in Cincinnati. Can anyone confirm this? I checked direct tv programming, insight programming and Time Warner and found nothing listed on any sports channels for the paradise jam. The game is not listed anywhere as far as i can see and I have never heard of a fox college sports channel, cbs college sports yes, but not fox college sports. Does anyone know if FSN Ohio will be broadcasting the game? Thanks.

drudy23
11-20-2010, 07:50 PM
OK no one has confirmed if this game is going to be broadcasted in Cincinnati. Can anyone confirm this? I checked direct tv programming, insight programming and Time Warner and found nothing listed on any sports channels for the paradise jam. The game is not listed anywhere as far as i can see and I have never heard of a fox college sports channel, cbs college sports yes, but not fox college sports. Does anyone know if FSN Ohio will be broadcasting the game? Thanks.

DirecTV channel 623 or 625 is FCS...just looked at the guide...lists Paradise Jam semi-finals for 6-8:30pm and 8:30-11:00pm on Sunday.

The game on right now is ISU vs ORU.

I have no idea about Insight or Time Warner or what channel, if any, it would be on. You may be screwed without DTV.

drudy23
11-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Here's is the schedule from the Paradise Jam website:

Men’s Basketball Live Online Streaming ScheduleNov. 19 at 2:00 PM – Saint Peter’s vs. Old Dominion
Nov. 19 at 4:30 PM – Long Beach State vs. Clemson
Nov. 19 at 7:00 PM – Alabama vs. Seton Hall
Nov. 19 at 9:30 PM – Iowa vs. Xavier
Nov. 20 at 4:30 PM – Loser of (Saint Peter’s vs. Old Dominion) vs. loser of (Long Beach State vs. Clemson)
Nov. 20 at 7:00 PM – Loser of (Alabama vs. Seton Hall) vs. loser of (Iowa vs. Xavier)
Nov. 22 at 2:00 PM – 7th place/8th place game
Nov. 22 at 4:30 PM – 4th place/6th place game

Men’s Basketball National Television Live Broadcast Schedule
Nov. 21 at 7:00 PM – Winner of (Saint Peter’s vs. Old Dominion) vs. winner of (Long Beach State vs. Clemson) – Fox
College Sports
Nov. 21 at 9:30 PM – Winner of (Alabama vs. Seton Hall) vs. winner of (Iowa vs. Xavier) – Fox College Sports
Nov. 22 at 7:00 PM – Consolation 3rd place/5th place game – Fox Sports Net and Fox College Sports
Nov. 22at 9:30 PM – Championship Game – Fox Sports Net and Fox College Sports

Looks like streaming games continue for the "losers" bracket...tomorrow XU is NOT on FSN, but is on FCS...this might screw alot of people since streaming will not be option. If push comes to shove, go to a Sports Bar, or find a friend that has FCS.

Looks like regardless if we win or lose tomorrow, our final game on Monday will be on both FSN and FCS.

PS - subtract one hour from gametimes above for EST gametimes.

Benxman
11-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Looks like I'm screwed. I bought the streaming package thinking I would get all the games, and I have Dish basic package, which does not include FSN or FCS. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the times listed are one hour later than us. I think St. Thomas is in the next time zone east of us. Cincinnati is EST.
Right?

GO MUSKIES?

:logo:

drudy23
11-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Correct...game tomorrow is at 8:30pm EST.

SixFig
11-20-2010, 09:05 PM
This is what drinking and age can do to ya.

:o

Future me is that you?

gladdenguy
11-20-2010, 10:01 PM
I have Time Warner (I know Drudy, I do have to get Direct TV and the sports pack)....but until then....tomorrow nights game is on Fox Sports channel 321.
I'm ready......will our Muskies be?

xuwin
11-20-2010, 10:46 PM
I have Time Warner (I know Drudy, I do have to get Direct TV and the sports pack)....but until then....tomorrow nights game is on Fox Sports channel 321.
I'm ready......will our Muskies be?

I hope you're right, but, so far it doesn't show on the on screen channel guide.

coasterville95
11-20-2010, 11:19 PM
My email from Xavier (The McAllister's Game Menu email) says the game is on Time Warner 321. I believe you need to have bought the Sports And Games Tier (which I have)

So if nothing else *I* get to watch the game on TV, assuming the email is correct.

xuwin
11-21-2010, 01:21 AM
My email from Xavier (The McAllister's Game Menu email) says the game is on Time Warner 321. I believe you need to have bought the Sports And Games Tier (which I have)

So if nothing else *I* get to watch the game on TV, assuming the email is correct.

Time Warner in Cincinnati now has the Paradise Jam listed on their on screen channel guide for Ch 321.

xnatic03
11-21-2010, 09:51 AM
any Northern Kentucky residents know if this will be on any of Insight's channels?

xnatic03
11-21-2010, 10:01 AM
nevermind, guess Insight doesn't carry FCS. Looks like I will be watching it on JustinTv or something of that nature.

golfitup
11-21-2010, 10:29 AM
I don't understand why the eff the game isn't available online as well.

Xavier Nation
11-21-2010, 11:34 AM
I just went to fox college sports webcite on the main page it clearly state semifinals live streaming semifinals right here on FCS so what are you all talking about?

waggy
11-21-2010, 11:42 AM
I just went to fox college sports webcite on the main page it clearly state semifinals live streaming semifinals right here on FCS so what are you all talking about?

I think you're reading it wrong.

paulxu
11-21-2010, 11:44 AM

I don't know if they'll online stream a game that is being broadcast on TV, but...that's a nice photo of the Freaser boxng out somebody under the basket.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fcs

SixFig
11-21-2010, 12:40 PM
From Shannon Russell:

Based on the email we got from Fox, tonight’s game should be on Fox College Sports AND Fox Sports Net. Here’s what they sent:

Nov. 21 at 6:00 PM – Winner of (Saint Peter’s vs. Old Dominion) vs. winner of (Long Beach State vs. Clemson) – Fox College Sports and FSN
Nov. 21 at 8:30 PM – Winner of (Alabama vs. Seton Hall) vs. winner of (Iowa vs. Xavier) – Fox College Sports and FSN
Nov. 22 at 6:00 PM – Consolation 3rd place/5th place game – Fox Sports Net
Nov. 22 at 8:30 PM – Championship Game – Fox Sports Net

CPAMUSKIE
11-21-2010, 01:00 PM
From Shannon Russell:

Based on the email we got from Fox, tonight’s game should be on Fox College Sports AND Fox Sports Net. Here’s what they sent:

Nov. 21 at 6:00 PM – Winner of (Saint Peter’s vs. Old Dominion) vs. winner of (Long Beach State vs. Clemson) – Fox College Sports and FSN
Nov. 21 at 8:30 PM – Winner of (Alabama vs. Seton Hall) vs. winner of (Iowa vs. Xavier) – Fox College Sports and FSN
Nov. 22 at 6:00 PM – Consolation 3rd place/5th place game – Fox Sports Net
Nov. 22 at 8:30 PM – Championship Game – Fox Sports Net

God I hope this is right. I am a NKY resident and have insight, sorry I know I should get DirectTV becasue then I would have to worry about it. But for some reason Insight doesn't even carry FCS at all, and I am not in the mood to go watch the game at a bar tonight.

Nocalmuskie
11-21-2010, 02:33 PM
havent been able to find online stream so far ... any help out there???

**nothing on FCS broadband or channelsurfing.net

waggy
11-21-2010, 02:35 PM
NorCal, who is your TV provider?

Nocalmuskie
11-21-2010, 02:41 PM
NorCal, who is your TV provider?

RCN Chicago...which sucks

waggy
11-21-2010, 02:45 PM
I thought maybe you had Comcast, which is what I have. I just added the sports pack, but it's no contract and pro-rated, so it'll cost me all of about 25 cents for the day.

waggy
11-21-2010, 02:47 PM
You might keep checking the A10 board or MyP2P up until gametime.

xueddie
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know the channel for dish one network?

fox sports ohio is typically 427 for me.

Xavier Nation
11-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know the channel for dish one network?

fox sports ohio is typically 427 for me.

I do. Bad news. Due to the fact dish network sucks they will not be carrying the xavier game.

StanleyOwnsYou
11-21-2010, 04:08 PM
So just to clarify (if that's possible), the game will not be dish (ch 427) and not be streaming online, but will be on TW?

X-band '01
11-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Who really knows - the Paradise Jam website said that the game would be on both FCS and Fox Sports Net. However, the FSN listings for Time Warner have poker on tonight.

FCS Pacific (Ch. 321) is the only failsafe option that we know of at this point.

Jesuit4Life
11-21-2010, 05:00 PM
It's all very confusing. This says that (http://www.paradisejam.com/pages/documents/mens_broadcast_schedule-web.pdf) today's winners bracket games are only on Fox College Sports, and tomorrow's consolation and championship games are on both Fox College Sports and Fox Sports Net. (Fox Sports Net, for those who weren't sure, is the name for all of the regional networks - Ohio, Pittsburgh, Detroit, etc., and it's up to each one to pick it up if they so choose.* Unfortunately, if you only have Fox Sports Ohio or Fox Sports Cincinnati, it looks like you're out of luck for tomorrow since there is a Blue Jackets game for 7:00EST. Maybe it'll be available on an alternate channel (http://www.foxsportsohio.com/pages/channelfinder)?)

*It looks like Fox Sports Arizona, Detroit, Midwest, Northwest, Rocky Mountain, South, and West are all carrying tomorrow's consolation and championship games... but you might want to check your channel guide to confirm. This is all in addition to Fox College Sports - Pacific also broadcasting both games.

And if you purchased the $3.99 online streaming plan like I did, it doesn't let you watch tonight's or tomorrow's Xavier games as part of it. I also don't think it will be on atdhe.net/channelsurfing.net/myp2pforum.eu for tonight (as of right now it isn't), but possibly for tomorrow considering the number of regional networks carrying it. But don't hold me to that.

CinciX12
11-21-2010, 05:18 PM
I just got off the phone with TW and ordered their Fox College Sports tier which includes the game tonight on Fox Sports Pacific. I specifically asked if there was a period of time you had to commit or an early termination fee for the tier. The answer to both was no. It is $3.99 a month if you decide to keep it I was told and it would cost me about a quarter if I wanted to call and cancel it in the morning.

Fireball
11-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I just bought the Sports Pack on DirecTV to get FCS so I could watch the game. I have the ODU-Clemson game on right now on 623. No HD, though, so that sucks.

Titanxman04
11-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Same offer that Drews Crew gave. If you need a place to watch the game, feel free to PM us. We have Direct TV.

94GRAD
11-21-2010, 06:22 PM
We will have it on at Dana's

Titanxman04
11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
We will have it on at Dana's

Way to ruin any chance of me having any friends.

Muskeagle
11-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Any reason to think that it will be on DISH somewhere if I add their Sports package which I believe has a ton of FOX stations?

waggy
11-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Your best bet is to go to the Directv website channel guide and see which Fox channels are airing the game. You should get it with the sports pack though.

X-band '01
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM
I just got off the phone with TW and ordered their Fox College Sports tier which includes the game tonight on Fox Sports Pacific. I specifically asked if there was a period of time you had to commit or an early termination fee for the tier. The answer to both was no. It is $3.99 a month if you decide to keep it I was told and it would cost me about a quarter if I wanted to call and cancel it in the morning.

I'd just stick with the Sports Pack - it also has CBS College Sports as part of their package. CBSCS will have a number of Xavier and other A-10 contests as well (I think the Wake game is on CBSCS later this season).

CinciX12
11-21-2010, 07:30 PM
I'd just stick with the Sports Pack - it also has CBS College Sports as part of their package. CBSCS will have a number of Xavier and other A-10 contests as well (I think the Wake game is on CBSCS later this season).

I didn't realize what all was included in the package when I signed up for it. After flipping through the channels I'm for sure keeping it. Definitely worth it with NBA TV NHL Net, and CBs College Sports on there. I always assumed the package would cost more.

Masterofreality
11-21-2010, 07:33 PM
No streaming on the broadband.

Why the hell did I pay 3.99? I guess for Friday night.

Muskeagle
11-21-2010, 07:42 PM

Yeah....that sucks!! I just called my nearby BW3....no luck. Might be a Marty and Joe kinda night!

xavbball
11-21-2010, 07:43 PM

Damn. I just paid the 3.99 and I'm getting nothing?

Berger
11-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Any reason to think that it will be on DISH somewhere if I add their Sports package which I believe has a ton of FOX stations?

I've got that and it is NOT on. :mad:

drudy23
11-21-2010, 07:45 PM
People...the Paradise Jam website has been correct the entire time. I don't understand why there is so much confusion....do you think they're lying to you?

MCXU
11-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Does anyone in NKY know if insight has FCS? if so what channel.

SteveSpivery
11-21-2010, 08:21 PM
I just bought the Sports Pack on DirecTV to get FCS so I could watch the game. I have the ODU-Clemson game on right now on 623. No HD, though, so that sucks.

I just orderer Sports Pack on DirecTV 12.99 per month. 623 came in immediately with the game. call 1-800-directtv and say "order sports pack" to automated service. I think a $10 charge if you cancel before a month.