PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Men's Soccer

xuab
11-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Brought home the Atlantic 10 Tournament championship. Came in as a 6th seed and beat #3 Temple and #1 Charlotte who was nationally ranked. First NCAA tournament berth for the program.

Congratulations!

BandAid
11-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Hot taters!

JAPER
11-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Great job X!

X-band '01
11-14-2010, 04:53 PM
They beat the top 3 seeds (Charlotte, La Salle and Temple) to make the NCAAs - that's excellent work for the guys. Good luck in the NCAAs!

Masterofreality
11-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Absolutely great job. An NCAA bid by another sport. Outstanding.

Sometimes when someone disses the A-10 with Xavier in it, let's not forget that there are other sports where Xavier can compete for and receive NCAA bids- baseball, golf, tennis (etc) besides basketball.

Overall, this league has been very good for us.

Titanxman04
11-14-2010, 06:28 PM
With baseball recently making a similar run it seems as if this could be another sign that there could be a real improvement in the quality of Xavier's other athletic teams in the non-revenue sports. Making the tournament in such a fashion shows a lot of heart and determination, and recruits are more willing to come to a school that can boast championships.

Good luck, men.

X-man
11-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Xavier has new coaches for both soccer teams and the volleyball team. Given what I have seen this season, Bobinski made excellent hires in all three sports. Next weekend, Xavier hosts the A-10 volleyball tournament. Nationally ranked, and undefeated in the A-10, UD is the #1 seed followed by the Muskies and St Louis tied for #2. The women are playing better volleyball this year than I have ever seen at Xavier. I recommend all Muskie fans to try and find time to get to the tournament, and root the Muskies into an NCAA bid.

Masterofreality
11-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Xavier has new coaches for both soccer teams and the volleyball team. Given what I have seen this season, Bobinski made excellent hires in all three sports. Next weekend, Xavier hosts the A-10 volleyball tournament. Nationally ranked, and undefeated in the A-10, UD is the #1 seed followed by the Muskies and St Louis tied for #2. The women are playing better volleyball this year than I have ever seen at Xavier. I recommend all Muskie fans to try and find time to get to the tournament, and root the Muskies into an NCAA bid.

Women's Volleyball is awesome...really.

They were awfully good about 7-8 years ago though X-man. NCAA's every year under Deaton.

rhyno2110
11-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Xavier Soccer opens up against West Virginia in the 1st round. I happened to be flipping through the channels and saw it on ESPNU. What perfect timing!

I still hate soccer.

Titanxman04
11-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Xavier Soccer opens up against West Virginia in the 1st round. I happened to be flipping through the channels and saw it on ESPNU. What perfect timing!

I still hate soccer.

Hate the sport, but love the program you fool. Geez, leave it to a Cowboys fan to hate a great game. :D

X-band '01
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Careful Titan - we know how touchy guys like DC get whenever soccer gets dissed on the board.

GoMuskies
11-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Careful Titan - we know how touchy guys like DC get whenever soccer gets dissed on the board.

Hmm, DC is probably conflicted on this one, though. I mean, he must be pissed that we're playing WV. What if Bob Huggins shows up to the game?!?

Pablo's Brother
11-16-2010, 08:44 AM
What if Bob Huggins shows up to the game?!?

Then we win!

Masterofreality
11-16-2010, 08:45 AM
What if Bob Huggins shows up to the game?!?

That would be good.

We'd win.