PDA

View Full Version : UD recruit dissed

Pablo's Brother
04-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Will he end up at UC or WVU?

Berry dropped by UD after arrests

By Doug Harris | Friday, April 23, 2010, 02:15 PM

Dayton has announced that Jesse Berry, a guard from West Lafayette, Ind., has been granted a release from the national letter of intent he signed in November.

Berry has been arrested twice during this school year, the first on a theft charge and the second on April 2 for assualt with bodily harm.

The Flyers will have four players in the 2010 recruiting class.

In a statement released by UD, coach Brian Gregory said: “I talked with Jesse and his family and we mutually agreed that it would be in everyone’s best interests to pursue other options, Jesse is a good kid, and I’m very proud of the effort that he is putting in to gain his initial eligibility. Now he will be able to concentrate on finishing his senior year in a positive manner. We will remain in contact with him to help him determine his best options for his future as a student-athlete..”

Berry averaged 23.2 points a game for Lafayette Jefferson High School this season.

Permalink | Comments (3)

joebba
04-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Will he end up at UC or WVU?

In a statement released by UD, coach Brian Gregory said: “I talked with Jesse and his family and we mutually agreed that it would be in everyone’s best interests to pursue other options, Jesse is a good kid, and I’m very proud of the effort that he is putting in to gain his initial eligibility. Now he will be able to concentrate on finishing his senior year in a positive manner. We will remain in contact with him to help him determine his best options for his future as a student-athlete..”

Berry averaged 23.2 points a game for Lafayette Jefferson High School this season.

Permalink | Comments (3)

A good kid? After having been arrested twice recently? Are you kidding me? Can I do any more questions?

Muskie1000
04-24-2010, 11:39 AM
well what's he gonna say - oh he sucks and he isn't worth it - that would look great to all the future recruits coming in

kyxu
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
I wonder if he was actually charged on the second offense.