PDA

View Full Version : Fordham offers job to Hofstra's Tom Pecora

xu2002
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
According to the article, Pecora will be at Fordham today and could be named the coach as early as today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5023154

gladdenguy
03-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I would think Hofstra is a better job.....I guess Fordham must be paying some money.

DC Muskie
03-24-2010, 12:33 PM
The question I have is "Why?"

LutherRackleyRulez
03-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Per ZagsBlog.......

Pecora to Fordham – ‘It’s done, he took the job’

SYRACUSE – Hofstra coach Tom Pecora is the new coach at Fordham and will be introduced at a press conference tentatively set for 1 p.m. Thursday.

“It’s done, he took the job,” a Hofstra source said, adding that it was a five-year deal. Terms were unclear, but Fordham said the annual salary was less than the $705,000 figure that has been reported.

Pecora met Wednesday with Fordham officials at an off-campus location and a deal was struck. He was not immediately available for comment.

Hofstra will hold its annual men’s basketball reception Wednesday night, and Pecora will inform the Pride players then.

“Pecora brings instant credibility to Fordham,” said Kimani Young, athletic director of the influential New Heights AAU program. “He knows the landscape of New York City basketball and will bring a wealth of knowledge and recruiting relationships to the table. I believe he will build a competitive team in two years.”

Fordham went 2-26 last season. Head coach Dereck Whittenburg was fired following a 1-4 start and interim coach Jared Grasso finished the season. Grasso continues to do individual workouts and conditioning with players while he plans out his future. Pecora could opt to keep Grasso on his staff; Grasso previously served as a grad assistant under Pecora at Hofstra.

Pecora turned down the Seton Hall gig four years ago, choosing to remain at Hofstra instead. The Pirates then turned to Bobby Gonzalez, who was recently fired.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/03/24/pecora-wont-meet-with-fordham-wednesday/#more-30676

coasterville95
03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Talk about your Fixer Upper!!

Where to start - the facilities, the team, the administration, the coaching staff, the reputation that is sure to do wonderful things for recruiting.

On the other hand, if he does have the answers in his playbook - he could use "Raising Fordham from Div I Punching Bag to NCAA one and done" as a great springboard to a job at a real program. Sort of like Brian Kelly and how he took UC football fom utterly irrelevant to BCS Bowl team in just a few short seasons

drudy23
03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Mr. Pecora...you have a major mess to clean up. Get to work.

Masterofreality
03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Sort of like Brian Kelly and how he took UC football fom utterly irrelevant to BCS Bowl team in just a few short seasons

Pecora will coach in a tougher league.

Muskie
03-31-2010, 02:22 PM
they gave him 700k... WOW...