PDA

View Full Version : A-10 3 Bids

awayfan
02-24-2010, 10:33 PM
At one point there was talk of the conference getting 6 bids but once again team sh!t the bed down the stretch are we only looking at 3 teams getting in (Richmond, Temple, and the Show). Is there a chance we can get 4???

This seems to happen every year teams crapping the bed

GoMuskies
02-24-2010, 10:39 PM
The winner of Charlotte/URI is still in the mix. And someone (SLU?) could surprise in the A-10 Tournament.

waggy
02-24-2010, 10:42 PM
The A10 gets 5.

StanleyOwnsYou
02-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Lot of basketball still to play. Believe it or not the experts think UD will still get in with a win at Richmond and URI should close out the season nicely with some W's so in my opinion i think were looking at 4 and maybe 5 if UD ever gets their act together, but thats not likely

waggy
02-24-2010, 11:18 PM
I'd really be interested to know what SLU's numbers are since Ellis joined the team. I think Jerry Palm used to keep track of teams over their last 5 or 10, but I elected not to join his site when he started charging so I haven't been there in years.

Snipe
02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
The thing that you have to consider is that the bubble is incredibly soft. That is why UD was still in before scoring 13 points in the first half tonight.

The bubble is a zero-sum game. Take UD out and you have to put someone else in. The problem is that everyone on the bubble has a lot of suck in their resume.

I want UD to make it. I root for all A-10 teams. Anyone with an ounce of sense should do that too.

UD isn't our rival. We own them. When they do well it makes us look good. That is all you should worry about. Nobody in this nation compares us as equals. Don't get scared about it, root for UD to win and make the dance. They scored 13 points in a half tonight with their backs against the wall. Imagine how we would fry Chris Mack if he gave us that!!!!! Gary Griffin would have had a coniption fit.

Snipe
02-24-2010, 11:22 PM
I'd really be interested to know what SLU's numbers are since Ellis joined the team. I think Jerry Palm used to keep track of teams over their last 5 or 10, but I elected not to join his site when he started charging so I haven't been there in years.

SLU is for real. I think Ellis joined at the begining of conference play. They are going to be a bear for us next year and for years to come. I predict they will be ranked next year. I am biased and I think Majerus is a genius.

Roach
02-24-2010, 11:31 PM
I am biased and I think Majerus is a genius.

I am biased and I think Majerus is fat.

D-West & PO-Z
02-24-2010, 11:32 PM

Snipe is right, Ellis joined right at the start of the A10. SLU's A10 record is the record they are since Ellis joined. 9-4. Ellis started quickly with double digits in his first 5 games. Double figures in 10 of his 13 games. It was really hurting SLU that he wasnt able to play from the beginning. For a while it looked like he might not even come over anymore. Good thing he did.

waggy
02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Snipe is right, Ellis joined right at the start of the A10. SLU's A10 record is the record they are since Ellis joined. 9-4. Ellis started quickly with double digits in his first 5 games. Double figures in 10 of his 13 games. It was really hurting SLU that he wasnt able to play from the beginning. For a while it looked like he might not even come over anymore. Good thing he did.

I'd really be interested what that 9-4 record equates to in RPI, Sagarin, and/or Pomeroy. I think Sagarin would have had the game at about 8 points for X, but of course that includes games that SLU didn't have Ellis. Vegas had it at 4.5. It ended up at 3. College ball can be fickle, and one game is pretty much meaningless, but I think even Vegas didn't know exactly where to put the line. If I were betting I would've taken the Bills +4.5, cause I think they might be a top 50 team right now. Tonight they looked better than Charlotte or Florida.

danaandvictory
02-25-2010, 12:07 AM
I think SLU's got a damn good chance to win the conference tournament if they are shooting. As Temple and St. Joe's have shown in recent years, that methodical grind it out offensive style can be very effective against teams on short turnarounds.

Masterofreality
02-25-2010, 06:12 AM
No doubt 4 will get in and Charlotte still has a good shot. It's not like they lost to chopped liver last Saturday.

They shouldn't be penalized for being posterized by The Show.

dc_x
02-25-2010, 07:57 AM
The URI/Charlotte winner will be in good shape to be the 4th team.

Plus, there is a big advantage for the desperate teams (UD, URI, Charlotte, SLU) in the A10 tourney when they play the teams safely in (UR, Temple, XU).

I'd say 4 is still a safe bet and 5 is a possibility if someone like UD, SLU, or the Charlotte/URI loser wins the A10 tourney.