PDA

View Full Version : Temple-Charlotte

danaandvictory
01-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Another huge A-10 clash tonight. Charlotte has quietly climbed up to 49 in the RPI, 4-1 in conference play, and in my view has enough opportunities for big wins down the stretch to get into the NCAA at-large picture. Should be a good one.

BBC 08
01-27-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm rooting for Charlotte in this one. I want 4 straight. Eff the rest of the league.

Juice
01-27-2010, 08:36 AM
I want Charlotte as well because it will help X and I think it helps the A10 overall. Temple is almost a guarantee to make the tornament so a loss to a decent Charlotte team will not kill them but a win over Temple for Charlotte helps them a lot.

The_Mack_Pack
01-27-2010, 11:04 AM
From what I've heard from Temple fans Fernandez will be sitting out this game due to injury so Charlotte has a great chance at a quality win.

Snipe
01-27-2010, 11:36 AM
That would be huge if Juan Valdez has to sit tonight. He must be tired from hand picking every bean.

Go Niners!

American X
01-27-2010, 11:37 AM
I am really looking forward to this conference matchup. I love Spears' game and Braswell is playing strong (would not mind him on the X roster).

Not sure if Charlotte did enough in the non-conference, but a win tonight would definitely get them in the discussion for a bid.

We'll see if Temple only shoots well against Xavier. I will welcome a loss creating a first place tie.

Plus, playing Charlotte twice, it would help if they stayed a top 50 team.

The_Mack_Pack
01-27-2010, 12:46 PM
If Charlotte wins this then they will have three respectable wins against Temple, Richmond, and Louisville plus a probable top 40 RPI with only one bad loss. They would be in the discussion for a bid but I don't see them getting one.

rworkman09
01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
by bad loss you must mean because of margin of defeat? ODU is hardly a bad loss with their RPI in the 30's, but you could definitely consider the margin by which we lost to them bad.
________
VERMONT MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://vermont.dispensaries.org/)

rhyno2110
01-27-2010, 03:22 PM
The game is on channel 643 for Directv users

bobbiemcgee
01-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Listed on channelsurfing.net

LutherRackleyRulez
01-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Channel Surfing link....

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Here we go Charlotte here we go

The_Mack_Pack
01-27-2010, 05:09 PM
by bad loss you must mean because of margin of defeat? ODU is hardly a bad loss with their RPI in the 30's, but you could definitely consider the margin by which we lost to them bad.

Yes, losing by that much to ODU is ugly no matter how good they are. That loss to Duke got ugly too, road games don't seem to be Charlotte's strong point.

bobbiemcgee
01-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Charlotte on 10-1 run....down 1

rhyno2110
01-27-2010, 06:51 PM
It is half time in Charlotte and the Niners are hanging close to the Owls. Had the Niners played better in the early half of the first half, they would have the lead.

The zone is giving Temple fits.

X-band '01
01-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Another huge A-10 clash tonight. Charlotte has quietly climbed up to 49 in the RPI, 4-1 in conference play, and in my view has enough opportunities for big wins down the stretch to get into the NCAA at-large picture. Should be a good one.

Isn't that ironic, Kahns?

joebba
01-27-2010, 06:55 PM
If Charlotte wins three teams will be 5-1 at the top of the A-10.

brownlavender
01-27-2010, 07:30 PM
right now cha is down 41-45 but temple is in foul trouble. Juan Fernandez has 0 points i believe and went to the bench with 4 fouls with 11 to go. I noticed prior to his 4th foul on the bench he was talking on the bench like noise was a problem then after his 4th foul went to the bench with a towel around his ears because of noise I believe. Either he has a headache or the crowd is that loud. The crowd seems to be loud but not cover your ears loud. May have to look into excuses after the game if temple loses

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Charlotte up 1. 6 minutes to go. Fernandez and Allen have 4 fouls

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-27-2010, 07:38 PM
54-51 charlotte. 5 minutes to go

waggy
01-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Pretty much all positives if Charlotte can pull this off. Temple is hard to beat though.

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Charlotte up 5. 4:44 to go...HOLD ON

bobbiemcgee
01-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Fernandez...1st bucket...Char up 4

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Big 3!!!

Charlotte up 7, at the line...

muskiefan82
01-27-2010, 07:55 PM
The mustachioed one may win this......I am a Charlotte fan tonight.

bobbiemcgee
If we win tmrw....sole possession

JimmyTwoTimes37
The mustachioed one may win this......I am a Charlotte fan tonight.

It's always so freakin loud down there! Not looking forward to that trip soon

bobbiemcgee
01-27-2010, 07:56 PM
T down 10 1 min

bobbiemcgee
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Back in 1st place...

muskiefan82
01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Rushing the court? Really?

BBC 08
01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Three-way at the top of A10.

This conference is looking sexy.

bobbiemcgee
01-27-2010, 08:09 PM

Should have pretended they'd been there before.

BandAid
01-27-2010, 08:10 PM

Stupid.

joebba
01-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Three-way at the top of A10.

This conference is looking sexy.

Have you ever gone to Syline Chili and ordered a "manage e trois"?

American X
01-27-2010, 08:11 PM
That game was fun. A-10 Fever - Catch It!

Impressed with Charlotte getting punched in the face then fighting back from down double digits. Not too organized, but man they have some players.

I came to like their club when X played them and said they would take some scalps at Halton. There you go. Apparently the secret to beating Temple is to keep their players off the floor.

You made it to the bubble Charlotte. Congrats.

rhyno2110
01-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Green had a huge game for the Niners. Had a fading three at the end. Beautiful.

Braswell looked good too.

Spears was good but he takes to many jumpers for me. Needs to use his strength more. He also went to his right hand every time. Didn't see him use the left once.

PeterG
01-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Hot shooting Juan Fernandez fouled out after playing only 24 minutes, 1 for 5 shooting for 3 poiints. So the race tightens up!!!

SixFig
01-27-2010, 09:52 PM
"The game is afoot"

http://www.made2mentor.com/Images/celebrity_jeopardy_connery.jpg

BandAid
01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Haha! That's awesome SixFig!

rworkman09
01-27-2010, 10:45 PM

our frats started it. They're full of Carolina and Duke fan douchebags who generally know very little about our own program and probably don't know that we HAVE been there before (just not during their tenure). Top 10, rush, outside the top 10, stay in your damn seat. Once one person rushes, everyone else follows suit.

I don't want to look ahead of anyone, but this makes the game against Xavier @ Halton even more important. If we can take down X at home and take out either URI or Dayton on the road, I see no reason why we don't make the tournament barring any bad losses.
________
FINE-X (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Fine-X)

Snipe
01-28-2010, 12:15 AM
I support the students rushing the court. Older fans that are against young kids celebrating are odd.

I love Charlotte!

muskiefan82
01-28-2010, 03:56 AM
I support the students rushing the court. Older fans that are against young kids celebrating are odd.

I love Charlotte!

I can't support rushing the court for a victory against a conference team. I just can't.

thefortyniner
01-28-2010, 07:52 AM
As far as rushing the court goes, last night we were celebrating much more than a victory over a ranked team. That's no big deal, we got that out of our system last year against you guys.

After five long subpar years, we feel like we are back and that we are starting to validate ourselves in the A10. That's what I was celebrating.

That, and I saw a kid in a Carolina shirt rushing the court. I had to get down there and tell him to "get that s*** off of our court."

kyxu
01-28-2010, 08:17 AM
As far as rushing the court goes, last night we were celebrating much more than a victory over a ranked team. That's no big deal, we got that out of our system last year against you guys.

After five long subpar years, we feel like we are back and that we are starting to validate ourselves in the A10. That's what I was celebrating.

That, and I saw a kid in a Carolina shirt rushing the court. I had to get down there and tell him to "get that s*** off of our court."

That's kind of silly. You rushed the floor to celebrate beating a ranked opponent (Xavier last year), then you rushed the floor to celebrate being "back" (last night). Are you going to rush the floor on senior night? Or when you have a game on ESPN?

DC Muskie
01-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Rushing the court is one of my favorite arguments this time of year.

People actually thought it was "cool" that KSU didn't rush the court when they beat Texas.

Seriously who cares?

PattyMac1021
01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Dumb that their students stormed the court... Cool that they beat Temple, though. Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the last time Xavier students stormed the court was? I'm a junior and it obviously hasn't occurred in my time here.

Snipe
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Rushing the court is one of my favorite arguments this time of year.

People actually thought it was "cool" that KSU didn't rush the court when they beat Texas.

Seriously who cares?

I agree.

I rushed the court after a shootout victory in my college days. Let the kids be kids. Did any of you people ever rush the court? It is fun. Let them have fun.

Who cares?

JimCoker
01-28-2010, 10:46 AM
People stormed the court when X won the A10 Conference Tourney four years ago at Riverfront Coliseum over St Joes. That was the game where Justin Cage blocked a shot out of bounds to end it. Four wins in four nights.

Am I showing my age calling it Riverfront Coliseum?

danaandvictory
01-28-2010, 10:50 AM
That's no big deal, we got that out of our system last year against you guys.

I'm glad Charlotte won last year, so we've been spared the Zapruder film and all the gnashing and crying about the charge Duncan took a few years back.

Fireball
01-28-2010, 10:52 AM
People stormed the court when X won the A10 Conference Tourney four years ago at Riverfront Coliseum over St Joes. That was the game where Justin Cage blocked a shot out of bounds to end it. Four wins in four nights.

Am I showing my age calling it Riverfront Coliseum?

Should I admit that my dad used to take me to Stingers games at Riverfront Coliseum? :)

The rushing the court thing doesn't bug me too much. As Jim says, they're college kids. That being said, rushing the court after a win over Temple? Really?

Duke, I can see. North Carolina, I can see. Hell, Xavier I can see. But Temple? Sure they've made the tournament the last couple years, but they haven't won the league. They weren't even picked to win the league.

Of course, they probably realize that this was their only chance to storm the court after a big win, because we're going to kick their ass in a couple weeks.

muskiefan82
01-28-2010, 11:58 AM
I remember when X beat Wake Forest to go to New York for the NIT semi's everyone seemed to end up on the court.

thefortyniner
01-28-2010, 06:38 PM
The rushing the court thing doesn't bug me too much. As Jim says, they're college kids. That being said, rushing the court after a win over Temple? Really?

Yes, really.

Duke, I can see. North Carolina, I can see. Hell, Xavier I can see. But Temple? Sure they've made the tournament the last couple years, but they haven't won the league. They weren't even picked to win the league.

Thinking a little highly of ourselves, are we? Temple did happen to beat you this year, didn't they? We'll never rush the court vs. Duke or UNC because they don't have the balls to play in Halton. We have tried for ten years to schedule two-for-ones, three-for-ones, hell even four-for-ones, and they refuse to play us in Halton.

Of course, they probably realize that this was their only chance to storm the court after a big win, because we're going to kick their ass in a couple weeks.

What makes you think you guys are actually worth rushing for this year?

BandAid
01-28-2010, 07:06 PM
What makes you think you guys are actually worth rushing for this year?

With your recent standard for rushing?

I wouldn't be surprised.

Xman95
01-28-2010, 08:20 PM
With your recent standard for rushing?

I wouldn't be surprised.

I heard they rushed the floor after the Green Team beat the White Team in practice!!

(Just giving you crap, 49er...you're one of my favorite "outsiders" on this board.)

thefortyniner
01-28-2010, 09:11 PM
I heard they rushed the floor after the Green Team beat the White Team in practice!!

(Just giving you crap, 49er...you're one of my favorite "outsiders" on this board.)

Truth. Derrio Green single-handedly took care of the Eastern Tennessee All-Stars. One vs. Five, and they did not play by the rules.

It was a monumental upset.

(I hope somebody gets the ETAS reference... I don't want to walk the tightrope on what is and is not acceptable over here)

gladdenguy
01-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Oh, Charlotte plays in A-10....oh yeah, this is the first year they are relevant since they joined the league......last tourney appearance?
For the umteenth time.....your program and board is so exciting that you post regularly on the Xavier board. That to me says enough.

thefortyniner
01-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh, Charlotte plays in A-10....oh yeah, this is the first year they are relevant since they joined the league......last tourney appearance?
For the umteenth time.....your program and board is so exciting that you post regularly on the Xavier board. That to me says enough.

Regularly? I mean, if you count stopping in to make a post or two every few weeks regularly, then sure... I'm just here because our board is so damned boring.

For the record, I stop in here because this is a good board, filled with mostly good people. The majority of your fans are classy, have enough intelligence to toss some good-natured jabs around without making things personal or attacking anybody, and all in all there is good conversation.

You don't seem to share the same attitude as the majority of your fellow fans. Maybe you're just threatened by the new guy at the big kids' table?

Xavierblobforce400
01-28-2010, 10:18 PM
I personally think thefortyniner is a cool dude for not being an X fan. And as a current student myself, I must admit I want to rush the court after every close win, no matter who were playing. I would say give it a rush i am happy there are some passionate A10 fans out there. I think this kind of excitement is a mark of progress in the prestige of the league.

PattyMac1021
01-28-2010, 11:05 PM
I personally think thefortyniner is a cool dude for not being an X fan.

I agree. What's with the hate? Since I've been lurking/posting on Xavier Hoops I haven't seen this guy stir up any trouble whatsoever. In fact, he seems like a ... *gasp*... genuinely good person/poster. I don't see anything wrong with another team's fan visiting this board, especially when they seem as level-headed as thefortyniner.