PDA

View Full Version : Final 2011 Scholarship

xgentz
01-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Visited rivals today and saw this on our home page....

"The Xavier Musketeers only have one scholarship remaining for the 2011 class with some big time prospects left on the board. In this 2011 Hot Board a big new name is added into the equation for the final spot"

Any idea of who it is?

rhyno2110
01-25-2010, 10:08 PM
I wish I had membership to that website.

bobbiemcgee
01-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Thinking it might be someone he saw on his recent Indy trip.

SixFig
01-25-2010, 10:29 PM
It's gotta be a true big man, preferably a center. Kenny will be a senior in 2011 he will need an understudy to take over in 2012 as a sophomore.

xujeffjeff
01-25-2010, 10:31 PM
If you right click the picture and select properties...you can see the name of the kid in the picture...

SixFig
01-25-2010, 10:38 PM
If you right click the picture and select properties...you can see the name of the kid in the picture...

That's my method.

xgentz
01-26-2010, 10:31 AM
6'8" pf

kyxu
01-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Visited rivals today and saw this on our home page....

"The Xavier Musketeers only have one scholarship remaining for the 2011 class with some big time prospects left on the board. In this 2011 Hot Board a big new name is added into the equation for the final spot"

Any idea of who it is?

Not sure if this is the source of your curiosity, but the article only means there's someone new on the radar, not that someone has committed or is soon going to commit to Xavier.

If you weren't jumping to such a conclusion, then disregard.

Masterofreality
01-29-2010, 09:23 PM
6'8" pf

Next clue:

Lead recruiter- Binno Ranson.

shock3
01-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Next clue:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

SixFig
01-29-2010, 09:48 PM
I have a raging clue

http://images.tmuscle.com/forum_images/5/3/53e19-1009_hardly_boys_investigate.jpg

Masterofreality
01-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Well,

Binno locked up Jordan Latham.

I'd say good.

waggy
01-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Next clue:

Among others, Kellogg could have been looking at Greg Lewis, a 6-foot-9 junior. Lewis said he’s being recruited by Georgetown, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Xavier, Temple and Clemson. He’s yet to visit any of the schools, and is interested in seeing Xavier and Georgetown.

http://www.masslive.com/hoophallclassic/index.ssf/2010/01/kellogg_watches_st_frances_at.html

xunorm
01-30-2010, 07:28 AM
My guess has always been that it would be ______or _______ , both are solid players.

Don't want Karma to play a role, but anyone who actually follows recruiting on any website should know the names

Masterofreality
01-30-2010, 07:57 AM
My guess has always been that it would be Hopkins or Lewis, both are solid players, but with Hopkins rated higher, that would be my guess by the connotations and facts given on the board. He would be a great get, and an inlet to a great program in DeMatha.

No names. please. Screws with the Karma.

PMI
01-30-2010, 07:08 PM

PMI
01-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Well I don't know who he's looking at but given his DC/Baltimore ties, it's a very, very great thing that Bino Ranson is doing our recruiting. I watched a certain DeMatha team lose in OT to a certain Gonzaga team last night at American University. My thoughts:

DeMatha

Victor Olidipo is a FREAKING STUD of an athlete. Good shot, good handles, had a monster throw down late in the game. Indiana got a good player and part of me wishes X could have landed him.

Hopkins is a tremendous athlete with a lot of potential, but needs work in my opinion. He's young and no doubt he'll get there in the powerhouse program that is DeMatha. He struggled from the line but he can really rebound. He will be a good player.

Gonzaga

Tyler Thorton is our Duke-bound senior. Kind of your typical Duke player: runs the point very well, pretty good shot, butter at the line, gets to the rim and finishes, very, very aware all the time, etc. I don't know yet if he has the ability to be an elite scorer but he will work well in Coach K's system.

Cedrick Lindsey is my favorite player on the team. Only about 6'1 and headed for Richmond but this kid is outstanding. In my opinion a better player than Thornton, just slightly. He has a great shot, he is the leader on the floor, him and Tyler make all our plays down the stretch. This kid will be one hell of a scorer in the A10 at some point, you guys will see.

Kris Jenkins is one of our freshmen who gets lots of PT. He's a 6'6 forward built like a brick house at the age of 14 or 15. He came into the game, pulled down a board, hit an open three and then got back on defense to cause havoc. I have no idea what his recruiting future is seeing as to how he's a senior, but I hope Ranson gets an early look at this kid before John Thompson or someone else.

Overall, a great high school basketball game with the good guys coming out on top. DeMatha also had a sophomore guard who is going to be nasty and both teams had a handful of others who will be playing college hoops because these two programs are machines right now. Would have loved to have gotten Olidipo and watch out for Cedrick Lindsey the next few years down in Richmond.

dto
04-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Just posted this thread in the main recruiting forum, but it lists two potential 2011 recruits that may be filling that last spot in the class:

http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14894

Kaminsky is a 6'10" center that may fit the bill of who we're really looking for.

ballyhoohoo
04-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Well I don't know who he's looking at but given his DC/Baltimore ties, it's a very, very great thing that Bino Ranson is doing our recruiting. I watched a certain DeMatha team lose in OT to a certain Gonzaga team last night at American University. My thoughts:

DeMatha

Victor Olidipo is a FREAKING STUD of an athlete. Good shot, good handles, had a monster throw down late in the game. Indiana got a good player and part of me wishes X could have landed him.

I was on my way from Indy to Boston this past fall, I stopped to take the browns to the super bowl and heard "Northwest Airlines paging passenger Olidipo, Victor Olidipo" No real bearing, just thought it was cool. I always associate IU with a big turd