PDA

View Full Version : A Public Shoutout

Masterofreality
12-15-2009, 07:41 AM
A humble request.

My dvr is and was on the blink on Sunday night and I'm in Montreal so I could not try to save the replay last night. Trophy wife was also elsewhere.

Could someone, anyone, make me a dvd copy of the Shootout from Sunday? I'll be back down in Cincy for, at least, the Rhody game on 1/23 and probably before that.

Thanks in advance.

GuyFawkes38
12-15-2009, 07:48 AM
I can't help with a shootout copy. But I do recommend checking out the delicious Jewish delis in Montreal.

coasterville95
12-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Hmm, I know other schools seem to have direct-to-DVD releases of some of their marquee games. I wonder if Xavier has ever thought of that. This would be one that would be worthy of getting the commemorative special edition. They could bundle it with special features like the pre and post game press conferences, a featurette on the history of the shootout.

Hmm, a box set of the last 14 years of the shootout on DVD. Okay so there are 4 of those discs that would see little play, but isn't there always a bummer in any box set. You'd get both of the famous "#1 in the country, #2 in their own city" games. The overtime thriller that was Andy Kennedy's one and only crosstown game.

boozehound
12-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Hmm, I know other schools seem to have direct-to-DVD releases of some of their marquee games. I wonder if Xavier has ever thought of that. This would be one that would be worthy of getting the commemorative special edition. They could bundle it with special features like the pre and post game press conferences, a featurette on the history of the shootout.

Hmm, a box set of the last 14 years of the shootout on DVD. Okay so there are 4 of those discs that would see little play, but isn't there always a bummer in any box set. You'd get both of the famous "#1 in the country, #2 in their own city" games. The overtime thriller that was Andy Kennedy's one and only crosstown game.

This is an incredible idea.

If it has to go through the book store it will never happen though...

blobfan
12-15-2009, 09:54 AM
MOR, don't forget the replay tonight at 10 pm on ESPN Classic.

coasterville95
12-15-2009, 10:44 AM
ANOTHER replay tonight? Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

MADXSTER
12-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Hmm, a box set of the last 14 years of the shootout on DVD.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Masterofreality
12-15-2009, 03:38 PM

There is another replay tonight?

Hooray. Priceless!!

Masterofreality
12-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Sorry, blob.

I just checked the espn listings for tonight and I don't see any listing of the Shootout.

Maybe i can somehow do a replay on ESPN 360?

chico
12-15-2009, 03:57 PM
There still may be one tonight. I know last night's was not listed in the cable guide. With the "Instant Classic" games they may not have time to update the listings.

Muskeagle
12-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Can't do a DVD copy, but if you are still stone age capable, I can make a VHS copy.

Let me know.

You can email me at mikenmiles@gmail.com

blobfan
12-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Sorry, blob.

I just checked the espn listings for tonight and I don't see any listing of the Shootout.

Maybe i can somehow do a replay on ESPN 360?

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up. I didn't pay close enough attention to the date on the newspaper article. Blame the head cold.

Cheesehead
12-15-2009, 09:33 PM
MOR:

PM me, I can send you a DVD copy of the replay. It's not in HD but it's not horrible.