PDA

View Full Version : UMess returns

Masterofreality
11-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Derek Kellog is a joke. Screwed up a senior laden team last year because he couldn't decide on a consistent style of play and this year loses to garbage teams early like Central Florida and Cornell. Cornell! AT HOME!!

That was some recommendation from John Snake Calapari. Or is it John Slimy Calamari? Of course, Umess could have not taken the recommendation.

Disgraceful.

bigdiggins
11-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Cornell is actually a solid squad. Return everyone from last years team that dominated the ivy (yeah, I know it's the ivy league). Do not be surprised if they win a game in the big dance this year. Wasn't UMASS expected to struggle this year anyway?

I didn't even know that Central Florida was one of the 320+ DI basketball schools, so I can't think of any excuses on that.

Juice
11-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Cornell is actually a solid squad. Return everyone from last years team that dominated the ivy (yeah, I know it's the ivy league). Do not be surprised if they win a game in the big dance this year. Wasn't UMASS expected to struggle this year anyway?

I didn't even know that Central Florida was one of the 320+ DI basketball schools, so I can't think of any excuses on that.

You're right about Cornell. I also think they beat Mississippi State who was ranked to begin the season. Umass still sucks but the Cornell loss won't be seen as a normal Ivy League loss.

Muskie
11-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Cornell is a very decent team. UCF? Don't they have MJ's kid?

DoubleD86
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
You're right about Cornell. I also think they beat Mississippi State who was ranked to begin the season. Umass still sucks but the Cornell loss won't be seen as a normal Ivy League loss.

I believe Mississippi State lost to Rider at the beginning of the season.

But the point is still true, Cornell is a solid squad.

AviatorX
11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Fairly sure that Cornell beat Alabama, not Miss. St.

bigdiggins
11-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Cornell is a very decent team. UCF? Don't they have MJ's kid?

I remember all the hype about MJs kid costing his school the shoe deal, but honestly never paid enough attention in the articles to which school it was.

PM Thor
11-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Yep, Cornell beat Alabama. I follow Cornell pretty closely, and they are a very well run program. Obviously the athleticism isn't there, but fundamentally that team is solid on both ends of the floor.

They play Cuse tomorrow night, should be a very interesting matchup. Father vs Chickey....

I HATE dayton.