PDA

View Full Version : Dayton v Georgia Tech...

xavierj
11-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Dayton getting best of GT in the first half. Up 10 right before halftime. Dayton was getting points in this one and should have been easy money if you bet. Lasalle getting 9 tonight against South Carolina seems like easy money if you take Lasalle.

Pajama Joe
11-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Do you know what channel this is on?

Juice
11-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know where you can watch this online?

The usuals of channelsurfing.net and justin.tv didn't have it.

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Apparently Favors for GT(The predicted #2 draft pick in the next NBA draft behind Wall) has a 9 foot wingspan. Scout and GT both report this...

That cannot be physically possible can it?

XU05and07
11-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Apparently Favors for GT(The predicted #2 draft pick in the next NBA draft behind Wall) has a 9 foot wingspan. Scout and GT both report this...

That cannot be physically possible can it?

Apparently it is...

http://www.christyweb.co.uk/images/london/long_arms.jpg

XUglow
11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Dayton up 41-37 with 13:56 to go.

Xman95
11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Looks like it has been the Chris Johnson show for much of the game.

I hate to say this, but UD has a pretty good team. CJ, Marcus Johnson, Chris Wright...those are some players. If the Flyers can be consistent from the outside they'll be tough. Of course, that's a big IF.

Xman95
11-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Apparently it is...

http://www.christyweb.co.uk/images/london/long_arms.jpg

I never realized London Warren had such long arms.

gladdenguy
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I really want Dayton to win this game.
They are down 2 with 7 min left.
Then Villanova. That would be a couple good games for the Flyers.

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-19-2009, 12:08 PM
I really want Dayton to win this game. Would they get Villanova next?

I believe the would earn the right to be slaughtered by Villanova yes

Xman95
11-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I really want Dayton to win this game. Would they get Villanova next?

Not me. GT is my second favorite team. Plus, it's always fun to see Dayton lose (although I have to admit that I pull for any A-10 team in the Big Dance).

Juice
In Dayton like fashion, it appears they are really shitting the bed right now.

xsteve1
Deadlocked at 49.

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-19-2009, 12:19 PM
GT up 6 with 5 to go...

gladdenguy
11-19-2009, 12:24 PM
The only teams I root for to lose every game are Duke, North Carolina, and by far, UsuCks.
I want Dayton to win for the A-10.

Pajama Joe
11-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I know it may be bad for the A10, but I just can't root for Dayton. Good thing I have nothing to do with the outcome, I suppose.

xsteve1
11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech choking it away....Hewitt is done after this year.

PattyMac1021
11-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I know it may be bad for the A10, but I just can't root for Dayton. Good thing I have nothing to do with the outcome, I suppose.

I feel the same way. I always root for every A10 team to win all of their games (except the ones against Xavier, of course), but I honestly hope Dayton loses every game they play all year.

xsteve1
11-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Can't root for Dayton their fans blow and I want X to be the Memphis of the A10.

gladdenguy
11-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Dayton wins 63-59.....good win for the Flyers and the A-10

Xman95
11-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech choking it away....Hewitt is done after this year.

Agreed. The guy gets talent but doesn't seem to be too good at coaching it. He got to the Nat'l Championship game vs. UConn, but that was a fluke.

By the way, GT is a perfect example of how respect, whether for a conference or a team, can get a program ranked early on. X is better, yet we're on the outside of the Top 25 and looking in. But not for long, fellas. Not for long.

xsteve1
11-19-2009, 12:42 PM
UD fans are going to be tough to deal with after this win.

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-19-2009, 12:42 PM

It won't last long after Villanova beats them by 15-20

sUCk
11-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Big win for the A-10...anytime the conference can build RPI points that is a good thing. I would love to see everyone A-10 team run the non-conference table. If for no other reason to help elevate this league.

I can't wait for next week...Marquette and then here's hoping a matchup with Michigan

gladdenguy
11-19-2009, 12:45 PM

Keep in perspective its only a win in November, but it is a good win, thats for sure. Our November wins last year against Missouri and Memphis got us that 4 seed.
I'm happy for Dayton. Now UC, on the other hand, I have so much hate for them its gross.

PattyMac1021
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM

I pity anyone who has to exist within proximity of Flyer fans on an even somewhat regular basis.

xsteve1
11-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Agreed. The guy gets talent but doesn't seem to be too good at coaching it. He got to the Nat'l Championship game vs. UConn, but that was a fluke.

By the way, GT is a perfect example of how respect, whether for a conference or a team, can get a program ranked early on. X is better, yet we're on the outside of the Top 25 and looking in. But not for long, fellas. Not for long.

Gregory to Ga. Tech.

D-West & PO-Z
11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Keep in perspective its only a win in November, but it is a good win, thats for sure. Our November wins last year against Missouri and Memphis got us that 4 seed.
I'm happy for Dayton. Now UC, on the other hand, I have so much hate for them its gross.

I am the same way. I have much more hate for UC. I am glad UD won this game.

GoMuskies
It's a nice win and all, but is GaTech really any good? If they beat Nova they can start gloating, but I don't think beating GaTech is a reason to get too excited.

Sort of like our game against Marquette. Beating them would be a decent win, but certainly nothing to go crazy about (other than the fact that it will earn a shot at Michigan).

An X Fan
Good win for UD and the A-10. Too bad this tourney is their only venue in the non-conference to show that they're a good team. The A-10 needs its good teams to show well for the league and this certainly helps. I just wish Dayton played a schedule that would allow them to rep for the league more.

bobbiemcgee
11-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Dayton was favored to win....right?

GoMuskies
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I see that GaTech is ranked #19. I think they're probably way overrated (and not just because Dayton beat them).

If Dayton beats 'Nova, I will give them all the credit in the world.

D-West & PO-Z
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
It's a nice win and all, but is GaTech really any good? If they beat Nova they can start gloating, but I don't think beating GaTech is a reason to get too excited.

Sort of like our game against Marquette. Beating them would be a decent win, but certainly nothing to go crazy about (other than the fact that it will earn a shot at Michigan).

A win against GT is better than a win against Marquette.

xu drew
11-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Dayton was favored to win....right?

GaTech was favored by 1.

Frank D.
11-19-2009, 12:56 PM
I see that GaTech is ranked #19. I think they're probably way overrated (and not just because Dayton beat them).

Yeah, I was going to say, Georgia Tech may be overrated, but they will be a much better team than Marquette this year.

XUglow
11-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Are you telling me that Georgia Tech wouldn't win the A-10?

xsteve1
11-19-2009, 01:10 PM
A lot of X fans on here pulling for UD, you'd never get UD fans pulling for X on their boards especially from Swampy.
Pablo would never have rooted for UD.

chico
11-19-2009, 01:14 PM

This never gets old.

DC Muskie
11-19-2009, 01:15 PM

Seriosuly, this is such a great line.

Although it does work slightly better whenever UC beats someone.

blobfan
11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't think UD needs to actually win for their fans to make fools of themselves. Can I root for the team to win and still tell the fans to suck it?

I'm waiting for that to get old. It's going to be a while. Still makes me giggle.
:D

D-West & PO-Z
11-19-2009, 01:32 PM
A lot of X fans on here pulling for UD, you'd never get UD fans pulling for X on their boards especially from Swampy.

The difference is that we already bring up the profile of the conference and we need a little help from the rest of the conference to not look so terrible. As X fans we are secure enough to know UD will not pass us as a program so we can root for them to do well to help the A10 out a little.

XUOHTX
11-19-2009, 01:36 PM

I was conflicted when I saw the score. It's fun when Dayton loses to anyone because I love when their fans get upset. But ultimately I want Dayton to be undefeated and ranked as high as possible when we play them. Makes the win that much better.

xsteve1
11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
UD better hope Nova comes back to beat George Mason or their schedule really takes a hit. G. Tech is a nice win but they'll probably be 5th or 6th in the ACC.

waggy
11-19-2009, 01:54 PM
The fact of the matter is that the greater enemy by far is the BCS biased machine, which has the power to truly marginalize the A10.

The RPI formula is set up to make who a team plays more important than whether they win or lose. Note that they "de-emphasized" the RPI last year by using it mostly for evaluating a teams opponents. Huh?

Louis Orr in his postgame the other night stated that X plays for high stakes. So really the health of the A10 is very important to health of Xavier. The A10 is somewhat unique in this regard. So while Dayton might have a bunch of jackoff fans, it's good when they win OOC.

gladdenguy
11-19-2009, 01:57 PM
The difference is that we already bring up the profile of the conference and we need a little help from the rest of the conference to not look so terrible. As X fans we are secure enough to know UD will not pass us as a program so we can root for them to do well to help the A10 out a little.

Exactly!!! I am never worried about Dayton being a better program than Xavier. Dayton is not even close to our level of success. Now, UC on the other hand, has been to a final four and 2 elite 8s in the 90s and it pisses me off.

chico
11-19-2009, 01:58 PM
UD better hope Nova comes back to beat George Mason or their schedule really takes a hit. G. Tech is a nice win but they'll probably be 5th or 6th in the ACC.

Still good enough to make the tourney and probably still be ranked. ACC is pretty deep this year.

GoMuskies

A win over GMU is better than a loss to Nova.

gladdenguy

That is another good point. Villanova is down 6 and its almost half. Of course they will probably come back.
Nonetheless like GoMuskies already pointed out, a win over GMU is definitely better than a loss to Nova.

CinciX12
11-19-2009, 02:03 PM

Dayton beats Nova and Cleveland is going to the Super Bowl this season.

Snipe
11-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Dayton could beat Nova. I am glad they won today. Like others I want them rising high when we burst their bubble. It will only make it sweeter.

gladdenguy
11-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Dayton could beat Nova. I am glad they won today. Like others I want them rising high when we burst their bubble. It will only make it sweeter.

Well said Mr. Snipe. Well said.

danaandvictory
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
I think we'd probably better adjust to the fact that UD is really frigging good this year and may well spend most of the season in the Top 10. This is the year the stars are aligned for them. The problem with UD fans is that they've (vociferously) believed this was the case for about six years despite ample evidence to the contrary.

Muskied
11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
I still think XU matches up better than most teams with them....I think GT had 27 turn overs today? I don't think that happens with this XU team...maybe last yr...not this year.

xsteve1
11-19-2009, 04:08 PM
There's a real UD lovefest going on here today.
Gawd UD is good.

BandAid
11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
There's a real UD lovefest going on here today.
Gawd UD is good.

those melonhumpers suck - better?

AdamtheFlyer
11-19-2009, 04:31 PM
That was a typical November game. Sluggish, ugly at times, low scoring. Good win. Tech's a good team that should improve and be a quality win by RPI. Favors and Lawal are the truth, but they'll go as far as their guards can take them. The best part of the day is that UD won while getting virtually nothing from Wright and Marcus Johnson. Shows the depth is for real.

Good to see Paul Williams come of age a bit. Chris Johnson is a budding star, and may just be the best all around player on the team by season's end. If Luke can shoot like this all year, he'll be a nice weapon. And when Lowery comes back and gets up to speed, even if he's not all he was before the injury, the team will get even better.

SixFig
11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
With their cupcake schedule they could be undefeated for a LOOOOONG time. I don't want to hear their smack.

Therefore, I hope UD goes down tomorrow.

XUglow
11-19-2009, 05:00 PM
That was a blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah better.

...just so you know what we get out of your post.

AviatorX
11-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Who are these Dayton Flyers?

Kahns Krazy
11-19-2009, 05:43 PM
...just so you know what we get out of your post.

+1 hidden letters

ud2009
11-19-2009, 06:50 PM
That was a typical November game. Sluggish, ugly at times, low scoring. Good win. Tech's a good team that should improve and be a quality win by RPI. Favors and Lawal are the truth, but they'll go as far as their guards can take them. The best part of the day is that UD won while getting virtually nothing from Wright and Marcus Johnson. Shows the depth is for real.

Good to see Paul Williams come of age a bit. Chris Johnson is a budding star, and may just be the best all around player on the team by season's end. If Luke can shoot like this all year, he'll be a nice weapon. And when Lowery comes back and gets up to speed, even if he's not all he was before the injury, the team will get even better.

We looked really good today. I think we can beat Nova tom. They are without their second best player and big man Yarou. This would be a big win for the A-10 and help the RPI of the league in the long run.

I don't understand why X fans would not root for UD when playing out of conference. It only helps you. I will be pulling hard for X when you play all of your out of conference games.

Early observation. The PAC 10 is horrible. I can't see them getting more than 2 teams in the tourney. CAl is supposed to challenge for the league title and I am watching them get man-handled by Syracuse who is picked 7th in the Big East.

Come on UD lets make it two in a row for the A-10 in Puerto Rico

PM Thor
11-19-2009, 08:18 PM
I think we'd probably better adjust to the fact that UD is really frigging good this year and may well spend most of the season in the Top 10. This is the year the stars are aligned for them. The problem with UD fans is that they've (vociferously) believed this was the case for about six years despite ample evidence to the contrary.

JUDAS!!

dayton gets one solid win in their OOC and people are proclaiming them good. They did the same thing last year, and look how they finished in the A10. They will finish behind X.

I HATE dayton.

Muskied
11-19-2009, 09:09 PM
UD looked really good? Now I want them to win, so Xavier get's another quality win this year...but if UD plays like they did today, XU will get two quality blow outs. UD shot 43%....still inept from the line, got out rebounded, the PG position gave you 8 points, 6 assists and 5 TO's, the center position gave you 9 boards, 4 points...yah, I guess Williams and Luke provided depth, and Chris Johnson carried the team like he, Wright or Johnson usually do, but everything else was pretty lackluster. GT had 26 turn overs....and it wasn't exactly due to stingey defense..which basically gave UD the game. I still think it's the same old UD, with unimpressive PG and interior play, surrounded with a few super athletic wings. Maybe that's just me....but hey, it is a Xavier forum.

vee4xu
11-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I just looked at the XU/BGSU game thread and it has 24 posts. I know there are some other threads that sprouted up post game, but is anyone else in addition to me wondering why this ud thread has over 60 posts so far? Puzzling to me. But hey, that's me.

I don't get it.

Snipe
11-20-2009, 03:05 AM
I hope that UD does well in the non-con. We need them to do that every year.

As for Cheese saying that they may well spend the season in the top ten....

Child Please...

Get a hold of yourself.

Blue Dog
11-20-2009, 06:12 AM
I just looked at the XU/BGSU game thread and it has 24 posts. I know there are some other threads that sprouted up post game, but is anyone else in addition to me wondering why this ud thread has over 60 posts so far? Puzzling to me. But hey, that's me.

I don't get it.

It's pretty simple. Most people go to chat for the games, and ever since then the game threads have dropped way down in posts.

danaandvictory
11-20-2009, 10:36 AM
JUDAS!!

Bullshit. I'm giving the devil his due, after two solid non-conference wins and nothing but a month of guarantee games in front of them.

If they beat Villanova, they'll be in the Top 10 when conference play starts through attrition alone. They're already ranked 19th.

All of this presupposes that the midget doesn't crap his pants, which is always a possibility.

vee4xu
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I hope that UD does well in the non-con. We need them to do that every year.

As for Cheese saying that they may well spend the season in the top ten....

Child Please...

Get a hold of yourself.

Unless of course Cheese meant Top 10 of teams with the shortest coach. In that case he'd be right this year and every future (and past) year that the Midget coaches at the dump.

jcubspoe
11-20-2009, 11:36 AM
This Top 10 talk is all a moot point if we don't beat Nova AND win on Sunday. Then maybe. It probably guarantees us to be ranked heading into conf play but not necessarily Top 10. We'll stumble somewhere if not here in PR. Games at George Mason, New Mexico and Miami (OH) are all tough tough games and what should be a decent Old Dominion team coming to the Arena. We lose at least one of those road games.

danaandvictory
11-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Games at George Mason, New Mexico and Miami (OH) are all tough tough games and what should be a decent Old Dominion team coming to the Arena.

Ladies and gentlemen, these are the highlights of the Dayton non-conference schedule over the next month.

jcubspoe
11-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, these are the highlights of the Dayton non-conference schedule over the next month.

True. Not much to brag about but I'm curious as to how much better (SOS wise I mean) do you think X's will end up being then ours this year. Keep in mind that last year we finished within 10 of the RPI of X and 35-40 spots in SOS (I think, you can check and clarify). If that's the case, I think the numbers will be closer this year. X will be better, but closer.

Let me put it more like this: Your schedule clearly passes the "eye test" more then UD's but when the numbers are all said and done, the gap won't be as big as what XU fans are making it out to be.

D-West & PO-Z
11-20-2009, 12:58 PM
True. Not much to brag about but I'm curious as to how much better (SOS wise I mean) do you think X's will end up being then ours this year. Keep in mind that last year we finished within 10 of the RPI of X and 35-40 spots in SOS (I think, you can check and clarify). If that's the case, I think the numbers will be closer this year. X will be better, but closer.

Let me put it more like this: Your schedule clearly passes the "eye test" more then UD's but when the numbers are all said and done, the gap won't be as big as what XU fans are making it out to be.

XU finished 9th in RPI last year. UD finished 32nd. XU finished with the 24th SOS (15th OOC) and UD (28th OOC) with the 33rd SOS.

This OOC schedule is harder than last years for Xavier I believe so I think it their SOS, at least OOC SOS, will be better than last years. I dont know enough about UD's last year to say if theirs is better or not but just from eying both this year I would think that Xavier would again finish at least 13 spots higher in the OOC SOS. We have slightly different conference schedules so the overall SOS may vary again from the OOC like it did last year.

jcubspoe
11-20-2009, 01:02 PM
XU finished 9th in RPI last year. UD finished 32nd. XU finished with the 24th SOS (15th OOC) and UD (28th OOC) with the 33rd SOS.

This OOC schedule is harder than last years for Xavier I believe so I think it their SOS, at least OOC SOS, will be better than last years. I dont know enough about UD's last year to say if theirs is better or not but just from eying both this year I would think that Xavier would again finish at least 13 spots higher in the OOC SOS. We have slightly different conference schedules so the overall SOS may vary again from the OOC like it did last year.

I agree. I don't think there's anyway possible that UD's schedule ends up being tougher then X's, unless the miraculous everyone we play wins their conf and goes onto the NCAA. Not going to happen. Here's the problem with UD's schedule though...the New Mexico, Miami OH, George Mason, and ODU are all good RPI games (they all had under 100 RPIs last year) but losing to them doesn't pass the eye test as say losing to Florida or Marquette this year even those teams are probably no better then George Mason. I'd rather lose to Florida then New Mexico even though it's probably a wash this year in the actual numbers.

danaandvictory
11-20-2009, 01:49 PM
The RPI spread may not be too pronounced (personally I think the RPI sucks as an evaluation tool, but whatever) but looking at the two side-by-side is ugly for UD.

jcubspoe
11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
The RPI spread may not be too pronounced (personally I think the RPI sucks as an evaluation tool, but whatever) but looking at the two side-by-side is ugly for UD.

Hard to argue against this....side by side there's clearly a difference.

D-West & PO-Z
11-20-2009, 02:35 PM

I was still surprised about how close the SOS was last year.

boozehound
11-20-2009, 02:38 PM
I agree. I don't think there's anyway possible that UD's schedule ends up being tougher then X's, unless the miraculous everyone we play wins their conf and goes onto the NCAA. Not going to happen. Here's the problem with UD's schedule though...the New Mexico, Miami OH, George Mason, and ODU are all good RPI games (they all had under 100 RPIs last year) but losing to them doesn't pass the eye test as say losing to Florida or Marquette this year even those teams are probably no better then George Mason. I'd rather lose to Florida then New Mexico even though it's probably a wash this year in the actual numbers.

I think that you are right that the eye test is the main issue, and it is important. Let's say that you lose to Old Dominion and X loses to LSU. Even if ODU ends up being a better team, the loss still looks worse. It is kind of the same issue that historically made it tough for X to schedule tough non-con games, particularly at home. Looking at the schedules, X's looks much better. Dayton ducks tough games like Rocky Balboa ducked Clubber Lang. I don't know why.

danaandvictory
11-20-2009, 02:40 PM
I was still surprised about how close the SOS was last year.

Dayton's scheduling philosophy appears to be picking teams from mid-major conferences likely to run up good W/L records regardless of those teams' SOS, whereas X seems to focus on getting major conference teams even if said teams aren't in the top tier (e.g., Virginia, Auburn, K-State in prior years). I think I've posted here in the past the fact that Butler and Creighton are the only two non-Big Six teams we've scheduled home-and-home in the 3M era (I'll exclude Miami since they are a historic rival). Since the most important facet of SOS in the RPI is opponent W/L percentage, UD is able to keep the numbers close.

Like I said, however, you look at them side by side and there's no comparison.

kyxu
11-20-2009, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=cheese;151880]I think I've posted here in the past the fact that Butler and Creighton are the only two non-Big Six teams we've scheduled home-and-home in the 3M era (I'll exclude Miami since they are a historic rival). QUOTE]

And Siena, which is a solid program.

D-West & PO-Z
11-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Hubert Davis just complemented UD on their scheduling talking about how they can't get the big 6 schools to play them so they schedule the top non bcs schools.