PDA

View Full Version : Need 2 Elder/St. X tickets

gladdenguy
09-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Anybody with connections have any extras to the game Friday night.
I will buy and pick up wherever.
Thanks.

MADXSTER
09-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Good Luck!!!

Lamont Sanford
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Go Bombers!

MADXSTER
09-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Mack and Kelsey may become mortal enemies for a couple of hours Friday night.

They ought to attend.

xeus
09-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Mack should break out the old Bomber cheer on Kelsey, "That's allright, that's OK, you're gonna work for us some day!"

Juice
09-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Mack should break out the old Bomber cheer on Kelsey, "That's allright, that's OK, you're gonna work for us some day!"

5, 10, 15 bucks! We own the company, you drive the trucks!

You're from Price Hill, we give you food!

Kahns Krazy
09-30-2009, 04:05 PM

Or following the Elder track coach photography scandal:

"That's allright, that's OK, at least our track coach isn't gay!"

boozehound
09-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Or following the Elder track coach photography scandal:

"That's allright, that's OK, at least our track coach isn't gay!"

What happened? I don't remember hearing anything about that.

D-West & PO-Z
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
5, 10, 15 bucks! We own the company, you drive the trucks!

You're from Price Hill, we give you food!

Those were the best. I remember at the end of my time at St. X the administration pretty much eliminated those cheers.

What year did you graduate Juice?

Juice
09-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Those were the best. I remember at the end of my time at St. X the administration pretty much eliminated those cheers.

What year did you graduate Juice?

2003. It was the end of an era.

Kahns Krazy
10-01-2009, 12:48 PM
You're from Price Hill, we give you food?

I really don't get that one.

Juice
10-01-2009, 01:24 PM
You're from Price Hill, we give you food?

I really don't get that one.

The top row cheer that Elder does uses the chant, "We're from Price Hill, we're number one!" To which the St. X section replies with "You're from Price Hill, we give you food!" As in we (St. X students) donate food to them because they are poor, the target recipients of the canned food drive, etc.

Kahns Krazy
10-01-2009, 01:52 PM
That's what I was afraid of. I have to say I don't like that one bit. Maybe there's something missing in the translation from the game to the typed words, but it makes you sound like condescending pricks.

The canned food drive is an impressive event to support the community. It's no more targeted at Price hill than it is at families in Finneytown. It's fairly unlikely that anyone at Elder is on the receiving end of the food donations, but if they are, I'd venture that chant makes them feel pretty shitty. I don't think that's what the food drive is about.

And acting like the students are the ones donating the food is insulting to the entire Cincinnati community that donates to that drive.

Juice
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
That's what I was afraid of. I have to say I don't like that one bit. Maybe there's something missing in the translation from the game to the typed words, but it makes you sound like condescending pricks.

The canned food drive is an impressive event to support the community. It's no more targeted at Price hill than it is at families in Finneytown. It's fairly unlikely that anyone at Elder is on the receiving end of the food donations, but if they are, I'd venture that chant makes them feel pretty shitty. I don't think that's what the food drive is about.

And acting like the students are the ones donating the food is insulting to the entire Cincinnati community that donates to that drive.

Don't get me wrong, I know it made us sound like pricks and we were very aware that the food went throughout the city and not just Price Hill. As someone who volunteered more time to the CFD than the average student, I have seen where the food comes from (I was in charge of a homeroom who collected in Elder areas and most Elder families were helpful and supportive) and where it also goes.

To me personally, I never really cared what was said to us or what we said. I just wanted the chants to be clever and original and sometimes they went over some lines but it definitely went both ways.

D-West & PO-Z
10-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, I know it made us sound like pricks and we were very aware that the food went throughout the city and not just Price Hill. As someone who volunteered more time to the CFD than the average student, I have seen where the food comes from (I was in charge of a homeroom who collected in Elder areas and most Elder families were helpful and supportive) and where it also goes.

To me personally, I never really cared what was said to us or what we said. I just wanted the chants to be clever and original and sometimes they went over some lines but it definitely went both ways.

Ya, it was just high school students making up cheers. Obviously a joke.

I graduated in '04 Juice.

Kahns Krazy
10-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I get it. After all, I was there for the "at least our track coach isnt gay" one. Taste isn't always a requirement in the moment.

I look forward to chatting with the guys that come canvassing through my neighborhood each year. It's a pleasure to be able to give.

gladdenguy
10-01-2009, 09:14 PM
I did score the tickets. Toughest ticket I've had to get for anything. For all you people who make fun of high school allegiance have at it.

gladdenguy
10-01-2009, 09:25 PM
The top row cheer that Elder does uses the chant, "We're from Price Hill, we're number one!" To which the St. X section replies with "You're from Price Hill, we give you food!" As in we (St. X students) donate food to them because they are poor, the target recipients of the canned food drive, etc.

I liked "were from price hill were gonna kill". Pretty straightforward.

Lamont Sanford
10-02-2009, 07:30 AM
GG -

I would expect you and drudy to set an example for the current Elder student body by not participating in such deplored behavior.

By the way, Elder sucks! GO BOMBERS!!!!

Mark 3 Pointer
10-02-2009, 09:18 AM
I was at an Elder vs. Oak Hills Basketball game at Elder one time and the Elder kids started chanting:

"We pay taxes for you to go to school!"

The Oak Hills students came back with:

"You pay taxes for us to go to school!"

GO BOMBERS!

Kahns Krazy
10-02-2009, 12:10 PM
I was at an Elder vs. Oak Hills Basketball game at Elder one time and the Elder kids started chanting:

GO BOMBERS!

Now that's funny.

nuts4xu
10-08-2009, 12:19 AM
When I was in high school I knew some students that took pride in making fun of the Norwood kids whose parents worked at the GM plant that had recently closed. These juveniles made such funny jokes, such as "your dad is going to get laid off" or "hang in there, unemployment has its privleges", and some were even funnier than that.

Nothing says "funny" than poking fun at someone's socioeconomic status. Woo boy is that funny stuff. I hope those clever kids are on the streets begging for a job and money to eat right now. Bunch of punks!

Fred Garvin
10-12-2009, 01:08 AM

GO BOMBERS!

that's perfect.

I guess I shouldn't even tell you people what BenWar says about "Pricehillbillys."

Fred Garvin
10-12-2009, 01:09 AM

GO BOMBERS!

that's perfect.

I guess I shouldn't even tell you people what BenWar says about "Pricehillbillies."