PDA

View Full Version : Damage Assessment: Analyzing Team-by-Team losses in the Atlantic 10

LutherRackleyRulez
07-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Per CollegeChalkTalk........

Damage Assessment: Analyzing Team-by-Team losses in the Atlantic 10 (Part I)

While coaches are currently busy traveling the country evaluating and recruiting players to add to their respective programs, the summer is the perfect time to look back upon the 2008-09 season and ahead to what is to come in 2009-10.

For some Atlantic 10 schools, the 2008-2009 season was disappointing (See Charlotte, George Washington and UMass), yet for others, the year ranged between a roaring success (Duquesne) and a step in the right direction (St. Bonaventure).

Here, each team’s cupboard is analyzed to determine what remains on the shelves for this coming season, calculating the percentage of scoring, rebounding and assists lost due to personnel changes. All games - not just Atlantic 10 contests - are factored into the analysis, with a comment on each team to follow. Damage is assessed according to four classifications (minimal, moderate, significant and totaled).

http://collegechalktalk.com/general/damage-assessment-analyzing-team-by-team-losses-in-the-atlantic-10-part-i/

Muskie
07-28-2009, 08:20 AM
I really like the work College Chalk Talk does.

blobfan
07-28-2009, 11:29 AM
This from the comments section of the web site:
"PMThor Says:
July 28th, 2009 at 5:49 am
I hate UD. I will be going into hiding until Xavier is a top A-10 program again. Hopefully some time in my lifetime."

Of all people on this board, why does someone have such a hard-on for Thor that they've stolen his screen name and are using it for MULTIPLE sites?

A10fan
07-28-2009, 11:51 AM
"PMThor Says:
I hate UD. I will be going into hiding until Xavier is a top A-10 program again. Hopefully some time in my lifetime."

Of all people on this board, why does someone have such a hard-on for Thor that they've stolen his screen name and are using it for MULTIPLE sites?

I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with this board. It's a cryer fan from the A10 boards work.

BandAid
07-28-2009, 12:11 PM
"PMThor Says:

They notice the good work Thor is doing for humanity and are jealous

blobfan
07-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with this board. It's a cryer fan from the A10 boards work.

Still, I've seen a poser using that name on the Enquirer site an occasionally on other sports sites. It's REALLY creepy. Did Thor steal someone's girlfriend or is someone resentful because when Thor's team came to save him from a fire they left the action figures behind to melt?

A10fan
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
The delusion of the triumvirate knows no bounds.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I posted as Bob LawBlah from Arrested Development about the A10 vs BCS schedules

MuskieCinci
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Have you made any recent updates to Bow Lawblah's Law Blog?

Cincy Muskie
07-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I will be curious as to how they assess Xavier. With the loss of Miller and Brown it most likely won't be "minimal".

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Have you made any recent updates to Bow Lawblah's Law Blog?

Haha, unfortunately no. I lobbed that assignment first to Steve Holt. But the entire thing just kept repeating "Steve Holt Steve Holt." So now I've assigned it to GOB. This could be interesting.

Buster was interested but seeing that he has a hook for his writing hand, I politely turned him down.

A10fan
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
I will be curious as to how they assess Xavier. With the loss of Miller and Brown it most likely won't be "minimal".

don't forget the losss of BJ and CJ. It won't be minimal

muskiefan82
07-28-2009, 10:16 PM
don't forget the losss of BJ and CJ. It won't be minimal

No, but it might be "status quo". Lose 3 players every year and keep winning. Lose a coach every 5-7 years and keep winning.

LutherRackleyRulez
08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Per CollegeChalkTalk....

Damage Assessment: Analyzing Team-by-Team losses in the Atlantic 10 (Part II)

Analysis of XU included......

http://collegechalktalk.com/general/damage-assessment-analyzing-team-by-team-losses-in-the-atlantic-10-part-ii/