PDA

View Full Version : Updated 2010 Rivals 150

kyxu
07-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Xavier commit Jordan Latham dropped significantly from a four-star at #81 to a three-star at #112 overall. Though in the grand scheme, this doesn't mean a whole lot.

Other players of interest for Xavier...

#20 - Adreian Payne
#21 - Stacey Poole
#42 - Justin Coleman
#43 - Tarik Black
#64 - Jamail Jones
#80 - Justin Martin
#124 - Jay Canty
#131 - J.D. Weatherspoon

http://xavier.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1909

SixFig
07-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Go figure. One day Latham is borderline top 50, the next he is below 100. I know he got injured, but still. I know rankings mean little, but its still nice to claim a highly rated class.

kyxu
07-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Go figure. One day Latham is borderline top 50, the next he is below 100. I know he got injured, but still. I know rankings mean little, but its still nice to claim a highly rated class.

I believe Latham was #44 when he originally committed to Xavier. Still, there's ample opportunity for us to pull in a highly rated class.

therick44
07-03-2009, 02:49 PM
It's not a surprise that Latham dropped. He's not very impressive on the AAU scene. However, that does not at all mean that he couldn't be a stud for us. He plays on a guard dominated team with Josh Selby and Wil Barton. Both of those guys have to dominate the ball and the bigs don't see it much if at all. They run a wide open freestyle game where those to get out in transition and play a lot of 1 on 1 (which lets face it is the way all AAU teams play with the exception of a select few). Latham basically gets stick backs. I was prepared for him to drop and I think it is warranted, but I'm still hoping for big things out of him. I really like his frame.

X-man
07-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Latham is no worse a player than he was when he committed to us. Worrying about rankings changes is absurd other than the possibility of "bandwagon effects". For those of you inclined to worry about such things, Latham is in the new Scout top 100 list and therefore remains a 4-star recruit.

kyxu
07-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Latham is no worse a player than he was when he committed to us. Worrying about rankings changes is absurd other than the possibility of "bandwagon effects". For those of you inclined to worry about such things, Latham is in the new Scout top 100 list and therefore remains a 4-star recruit.

Not that I'm too upset about it, but I think coaches do appreciate committed players being ranked higher, as it always helps with and reflects favorably on recruiting.