PDA

View Full Version : Statistical Analysis: Floor Efficiency in the A-10 '08-'09

LutherRackleyRulez
05-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Per CollegeChalkTalk.com.....

http://collegechalktalk.com/general/floor-efficiency-by-ray-floriani/

MuskieMark
05-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Those numbers can't be that important if we can be 10th and still be the best in the league overall

MHettel
05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Wow.

I'm shocked at how meaningless this stat is.

It's a strange formula, that attempts to capture a stat that doesn't seem to indicate success.

It's like a stat that shows the average amount of pitches it takes a guy to strike out.

danaandvictory
05-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Wow.

I'm shocked at how meaningless this stat is.

It's a strange formula, that attempts to capture a stat that doesn't seem to indicate success.

It's like a stat that shows the average amount of pitches it takes a guy to strike out.

We wouldn't have to deal with these stats if we WENT INDEPENDENT! VIVA LA REVOLUCION! We shall tear down the Atlantic 10 LIKE THE PIGDOG BOURGEOISIE!

XUglow
05-14-2009, 09:01 AM
I think the explanation in the article was that this stat is meaningless.

Does he have anything on jumping efficiency? Jumping efficiency is the ratio of the height a player jumps per jump compared to the theoretical per jump rating of a player. If someone can only jump 6" off of the ground, and he jumps 6" off of the ground every time, he gets a jumping efficiency of 1. Someone that averages 20" per jump when he can jump 40" gets a jumping efficiency of 0.5. These jumps are only scored when a player is involved in an actual basketball play. Jumping for a rebound when you are at the top of the key is not scored. Jumping for joy after making a buzzer beating 3-pointer is not scored either.

MHettel
05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
We wouldn't have to deal with these stats if we WENT INDEPENDENT! VIVA LA REVOLUCION! We shall tear down the Atlantic 10 LIKE THE PIGDOG BOURGEOISIE!

my thoughts exactly