PDA

View Full Version : Your Realistic Dream Class for 2010

AviatorX
05-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Pretty self explanatory. We should have 4 scholarships open if I'm not mistaken (2 from this year and then Brown and Love assuming D Brown stays).

Top 3 are obvious to me (no order):

Air Spoon
Latham
Payne

For the last space, I'd be elated with either Donnie Hale or Brandon Spearman.

Thoughts?

kyxu
05-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Aviator-----Sounds good to me .....But, it's a dream. I think Miller's has LAtham, Spoon in deep...

Gonna have to disagree with you on this.

AviatorX
05-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Gonna have to disagree with you on this.

Ignore Frank. I'm pretty convinced he's xavierrico from MM, one trip over there to read his ramblings will convince you he's clueless when it comes to college basketball.

I think that class is possible, and the biggest reach may be Payne.

A10fan
05-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Ignore Frank. I'm pretty convinced he's xavierrico from MM, one trip over there to read his ramblings will convince you he's clueless when it comes to college basketball.

I think that class is possible, and the biggest reach may be Payne.

Gimme Will Barton with Spoon,Collier and Latham. I'd take 2/4 and be happy.

AviatorX
05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Gimme Will Barton with Spoon,Collier and Latham. I'd take 2/4 and be happy.

Will Barton to X would certainly be a coup.

A10fan
05-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Will Barton to X would certainly be a coup.

I just hope Bino is tight enough with him. Get him on campus and you never know.

AviatorX
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
I just hope Bino is tight enough with him. Get him on campus and you never know.

I feel you there.

Speaking of Bino, how is it pronounced? Beano or Bino?

XU05and07
05-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I feel you there.

Speaking of Bino, how is it pronounced? Beano or Bino?

I can tell you that it is NOT pronounced Binnie

AviatorX
05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I can tell you that it is NOT pronounced Binnie

Speaking of Binnie, I just received an offer to play in the Dutch Pro league next year, so looks like he won't be going back to back with the All Star Game MVP.

Xman95
05-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Barton, Payne, Latham, and 'spoon (or Kendrick)

Of course it wouldn't be that great of a class because if they committed to X they would immediately drop in ratings and we would get a couple of 3-stars and a couple of 2-stars, instead of a couple 5's and 4's. (Yes, this is a spot where the sarcasm button would be employed!)

xufan02
05-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I will go with Allan Chaney, JD Weatherspoon, Jordan Latham, and Spearman.

Chaney would be a 2009 class member and would fall into the sophomore class when eligible with Walsh and Cheeks.

LyonsIsFlyin
05-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I will go with Allan Chaney, JD Weatherspoon, Jordan Latham, and Spearman.

Chaney would be a 2009 class member and would fall into the sophomore class when eligible with Walsh and Cheeks.

This is the only one I think fits with the threads title and I say this so X fans don't think its realistic we get say Barton Payne JD Latham. Barton is already believed to be a lock at UK, so anything with him isn't overally realistic and I'd be suprised if Payne came here, but certainly more realistic than Barton.

We continue to hear JD and Latham are still leaning towards X so I'll go with those 2, then Spearman and a name no one has mentioned, Jay Canty. I know he is listed as SG/SF tweener but Pat has a great relationship with him and I have my own guys in NC who get to watch Jay play often and are in love with him, so I really like him and I'd take 2 SG's in '10.

AviatorX
05-10-2009, 09:30 PM
This is the only one I think fits with the threads title and I say this so X fans don't think its realistic we get say Barton Payne JD Latham. Barton is already believed to be a lock at UK, so anything with him isn't overally realistic and I'd be suprised if Payne came here, but certainly more realistic than Barton.

We continue to hear JD and Latham are still leaning towards X so I'll go with those 2, then Spearman and a name no one has mentioned, Jay Canty. I know he is listed as SG/SF tweener but Pat has a great relationship with him and I have my own guys in NC who get to watch Jay play often and are in love with him, so I really like him and I'd take 2 SG's in '10.

You never know with Payne, he's just random enough to be the first All American to pick X, if you know what I mean.

LyonsIsFlyin
05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
You never know with Payne, he's just random enough to be the first All American to pick X, if you know what I mean.

His randomness is why I think he's certainly a possibility, but I just have this feelin Thuggin Huggins is gonna sweet talk AP into Morgantown. I know all the daytonians think he's theirs to lose but I think in the end AP will not think staying close to home is the biggest factor.

AviatorX
05-10-2009, 09:48 PM
His randomness is why I think he's certainly a possibility, but I just have this feelin Thuggin Huggins is gonna sweet talk AP into Morgantown. I know all the daytonians think he's theirs to lose but I think in the end AP will not think staying close to home is the biggest factor.

Recruiting to that hell hole is no small task. Even for a greasy slick talker like Huggy Bear.

I can't really see him in an X uniform, but you never know. (as long as he's not a Flyer)

Atlas
06-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Well the dream would be Payne, Latham and Lamb. For a fourth I would throw in Spearman

AviatorX
06-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Well the dream would be Payne, Latham and Lamb. For a fourth I would throw in Spearman

Rico, do you know the meaning of REALISTIC.

The ship on Lamb sailed long, long ago when Book left, if there ever was even a chance. Also, Payne is a big time long shot.

JimmyTwoTimes37
06-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Rico, do you know the meaning of REALISTIC.

The ship on Lamb sailed long, long ago when Book left, if there ever was even a chance. Also, Payne is a big time long shot.

Haha. In Rico's world with lamb and payne, i'd add in john wall for next year haha. It'd be nice to have a projected #1 pick for the 2010 NBA draft coming in without ever playing one second of college basketball

dto
07-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Okay, so in a dream world, I'd go with Barton, but I'm too much of a realist to think that Bino can get him out of Memphis (or Kentucky, for that matter).

So, realistically, I have to go with:

Jordan Latham
Jamail Jones
Victor Oladipo
Tarik Black

gladdenguy
07-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Okay, so in a dream world, I'd go with Barton, but I'm too much of a realist to think that Bino can get him out of Memphis (or Kentucky, for that matter).

So, realistically, I have to go with:

Jordan Latham
Jamail Jones
Victor Oladipo
Tarik Black

only have three ships next year.
I will take jamail jones along with justin martin or victor oladipo.
We know Latham is in.

SixFig
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
A REALISTIC DREAM seems quite oxymoronical (is that a word?) to me

Atlas
07-02-2009, 08:33 PM
A REALISTIC DREAM seems quite oxymoronical (is that a word?) to me

Amen, an oxymoron indeed

BandAid
07-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I dreamed last night I had a three-way

SixFig
07-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I dreamed last night I had a three-way

http://lbjsbrownbag.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/skyline-chili.jpg

This kind or the unrealistic kind?

Cincy Muskie
07-03-2009, 08:40 AM
On the recruiting front (and not the fantasy/dream world) I think a very realistic class for 2010 would be:

Latham (solid verbal)
JD Weatherspoon
Jay Canty

I know there is still alot of work to do for 'Spoon going against the Buckeyes. I also know the staff would love to have Jamail Jones (I would too) but I feel he could go the way of Ari Stewart. Meaning X stays high on his list right until the very end. I think getting Payne out of Dayton is a long shot. I bet he ends up at Michigan State or Kentucky but no one really knows for sure with that guy. Griffin McKenzie out of Moeller is emerging as an option as well so if 'Spoon doesn't come to XU he could be a prime target along with Jordan Manuel out of Indianapolis for the 2010 class.

xufan02
07-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I think a class of Latham, Weatherspoon, and Jones is realistic. Also a class of Latham, Martin, and Canty would work too.

dto
07-06-2009, 03:57 PM
only have three ships next year.
I will take jamail jones along with justin martin or victor oladipo.
We know Latham is in.

True, I failed to realize this.

I'd go with:

Latham
Jones
Black